Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Kernel question.

Quote from moreje: “here is the output: ” Not sure why the pve-kernel-5.0 package is removed but it needs to be installed.
  • Eraser -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) FTP subfolder share won't show.

Nobody knows this? Or is my question unclear?
  • bako219 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Autoshutdown 4.0.5 geht nicht in den Standby.

per Konsole funktioniert der shutdown. shutdown -h systemctl hibernate, beide Befehle führen zum gewünschten Ergebnis. Auch im Plugin funktioniert das Herunterfahren, aber die anderen Optionen leider nicht.
  • galaxyluv -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5.0.5 - Unable to Add Two Nics..

Thread
    I have recently installed OMV 5.0.5 on a Server with two Integrated Nics and One PCIE Nic(Intel X550 10GBe) I have tried adding two nics from the web interface as well as the omv-firstaid command. In the Web Interface the Application is not able to save…
  • petrjanda -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Time Machine (AFP) backup disaster. Can't figure out what went wrong.

Thread
    Hi all, Im new to OMV and most of NAS stuff but I decided to setup a Time Machine backup on OMV 4 using AFP. Overall easy process but 2 major hurdles. Im using a recent Mac laptop. 1) Initial backup keeps stopping. I had to force backup to start about…
  • astrowombel -

Wrote a comment on astrowombel’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hallo Leute,

bin neu hier ich hoffe, dass ich über die Pinnwand hier eine Frage stellen kann. Ansonsten, wie kann ich hier eine Frage stellen? Gruß P.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x UPS Settiings.

While configuring the NUT plugin page the driver tries to communicate immediately with the UPS. If the UPS is not connected via USB these kind of error messages are generated. Therefore switch the UPS on and connect it to the OMV server. Then repeat your…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Autoshutdown 4.0.5 geht nicht in den Standby.

Hallo, was passiert denn, wenn du den Shutdown Befehl auf einer Kommadozeile eingibst? Fährt das Nas dann herunter? Oder testweise mal von "Hibernate" auf den vollständigen Shutdown umstellen und testen.
  • Prtiller -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x UPS Settiings.

Thread
    1) OMV installed on a PC, with a APC BackUps pro 900 connected to USB port. 2) NUT plugin installed In the UPS configuration page I wrote the following directives: [SSI_Ups] driver = usbhid-ups port = auto But nothing happens.. I receive messages like…
  • bako219 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Autoshutdown 4.0.5 geht nicht in den Standby.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, seit ein paar Tagen fährt mein NAS nicht mehr in den Ruhezustand. In dem Moment, wo der Ruhezustand greifen sollte sagt die Log: Oct 18 10:14:08 nas root: autoshutdown[27016]: INFO: ' Shutdown issued: 'systemctl hibernate'' Und das…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Question updating platform and socket.. Can i use the same hdd system??.

Quote from ryuks: “Good day, I have omv installed and working perfectly (omv 4.1.9) but I want to change the platform (from socket 1155 to 1150), so I would change the mainboard and processor. I know it's not the cleanest way but I'm very lazy to…
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Question updating platform and socket.. Can i use the same hdd system??.

all must work without problem, thats the magig of linux.
  • johnvick -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Possible error deleting folder.

Like (Post)
    There should by default not be a folder /admin. Nor /root/admin. However, the error(?) that caused that folder to appear may also have caused other problems. It is impossible to guarantee anything. If your data is not correctly backed up you WILL loose…
  • johnvick -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Possible error deleting folder.

Thanks for the input - the problem arose when I was leaving for work and I didn't have time to investigate. Panic situation in the middle of changing over from RAID 5 to SnapRaid :) Having since investigated and with your reassurance I am confident it…
  • ryuks -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Question updating platform and socket.. Can i use the same hdd system??.

Thread
    Good day, I have omv installed and working perfectly (omv 4.1.9) but I want to change the platform (from socket 1155 to 1150), so I would change the mainboard and processor. I know it's not the cleanest way but I'm very lazy to reconfigure everything.…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Possible error deleting folder.

There should by default not be a folder /admin. Nor /root/admin. However, the error(?) that caused that folder to appear may also have caused other problems. It is impossible to guarantee anything. If your data is not correctly backed up you WILL loose…
  • moreje -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Kernel question.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It might be installed but not properly. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep pve-kernel ” Hello, here is the output: Source Code (2 lines)
  • Agricola -

Wrote a comment on Agricola’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Sorry but that is way beyond my skill set. You better start a post on the general forum.
  • Care to share your discovery?
  • seed -

Replied to the thread Banned Account.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I unbanned that account quite a while ago. ” thank you much for that and your input on the proxmox thread!