Recent Activities

• sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when try to pull image.

No expert, but my advice: Update system (especially Docker), but would recommend update all. Maybe make backup before updating, depending on situation. When you're just setting up or did fresh install, update all. If that doesn't fix your problem, I…
  • scuppasteve -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Plex HW Transcoding with OMV 5, Portainer, and Nvidia P2000.

Quote from niemer: “Take a look at this. reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/749…scoding_with_plex_docker/ you need to pass /dev/dri through to your docker container, you also might need to change permissions of /dev/dri on the host to give read, write, and…
  • cabrio_leo -

Liked Rd65’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Openmediavaut Systems Crashed.

Like (Post)
    the easyest and savest way to do backups ... dosn't matter which *nix or omv system running .. is dd ... as used in omv-backup. this is 40 years of proven backup strategy... and it works just in 40 years... you can do it on shell, by any Linux live…
  • niemer -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Plex HW Transcoding with OMV 5, Portainer, and Nvidia P2000.

Take a look at this. reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/749…scoding_with_plex_docker/ you need to pass /dev/dri through to your docker container, you also might need to change permissions of /dev/dri on the host to give read, write, and execute privileges to…
  • Rd65 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Openmediavaut Systems Crashed.

the easyest and savest way to do backups ... dosn't matter which *nix or omv system running .. is dd ... as used in omv-backup. this is 40 years of proven backup strategy... and it works just in 40 years... you can do it on shell, by any Linux live…
  • Monkey303 -

Replied to the thread Motherboard does not detect 9207-8i.

Thanks, I have ordered a H200 off eBay, I will no doubt be back for advice if I can't get it working! :D
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5.

• Sharifin -

pardon my intrusion totally new to linux Im getting this error when trying to pull image in docker. Been searching for fix past few days in forum.
  • RedpaX -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x MACOS Final Cut Pro does not work through SMB.

Like (Post)
    OMV5 is more or less stable. Because the whole configuration layer has been changed, there might me still some bugs for none common setting scenarios. But I think you have no choice, OMV4 will not get new features and will be replaced by OMV5 soon.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5.

Roll back to OMV4. That is just what I was thinking. Only I don’t need to install Portainer. As @macom instructed in the Nextcloud [How-To]: - for OMV4 - enable docker-ce Repo in omv-extras - install openmediavault-docker-gui plugin - select suitable…
  • scuppasteve -

Quote from macom: “Have you looked here? hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex There is a paragraph about hardware acceleration on NVIDIA: Hardware acceleration users for Nvidia will need to install the container runtime provided by Nvidia on their host,…
  • greenhorn92 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) File transfer speed - can't identify the bottleneck.

• Xologrimm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Block webcrawler ect. with firewall.

Maybe it is possible to obfuscate my ports (e.g. use port number 123 for http) to reduce the incoming requests? I just tried to change just the ports on my router but now i cant reach my nextcloud. Do i have to change something in the nginx config to…
  • sm0ke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My new build with some old hardware, need some advice.

Thanks, now I (roughly) understand SNAPRAID and mergerfs! Definitely going to use this for the 4x750GB disks to be added in near future. I've worked over 4 years, repairing, testing and assembling PC's... The question is not IF hardware will fail, but…
  • niemer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Trouble with reverse proxy access to OMV WebUI with Traefik.

Quote from Mara: “Good morning all, I allow myself to relaunch this topic, indeed I docker installed on my OMV5 and all my applications are accessible from Traefik, it's really great! But what would be the process to integrate OMV? how should I…
  • sm0ke -

Quote from votdev: “I fear you can not do anything right at the moment. You hit a bug caused by a race condition. I will open a bug issue for the Docker plugin. You need to wait until the plugin developer has fixed it. ” Quote from ryecoaaron:…
  • ramus -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker and Container installed in tvheadend not found my dvb-s cards.

Thread
    Hello Guys, my old settings configuarition from my oldy system with openmedivault 4 is now work in omv5. i will my old settings started in omv5 with my cards, i dont now see wo this setting under container in the settings in. i think this settings.... …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Quote from nicovon: “no, I haven't created a repo yet. ” It won't do anything without a repo. Quote from nicovon: “I don't know if /home /svn exists ” If you didn't create it, it doesn't exist. ls -al /home/ will tell you but most people use a path…
  • Morlan -

The easiest option for the M4 for you seems that you reinstall omv to get rid of the iptables issue and then use the docker-compose.yml in portainer as stacks
  • nicovon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “And then? Did you create a repo with docker exec -it and the svnadmin command? Does /home/svn exist on your server? What isn't working? ” no, I haven't created a repo yet. I don't know if /home /svn exists, I think so. Is…