Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x upgrade error - root_full_path: The value '' is not a string..

Are you using the nginx plugin? If not, apt-get purge openmediavault-nginx If yes, try: omv-mkconf nginx If that doesn't help, post the output of: omv-showkey nginx
  • AndrewZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x upgrade error - root_full_path: The value '' is not a string..

• ryecoaaron -

It must be caused by the nginx plugin. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
  • Not a Nerd -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How do I get CPU temp, hdd Temps and Fan speeds, preferably in netdata container.

I've been setting up my containers with the web gui on OMV and I've been able to stumble thru decently well but I think I'm hung up on something simple and I'm not sure how to formulate a search for it. Whats the "-v" doing in -v /sys:/host/sys:ro \ and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

Quote from Kawatreiber7: “I have tried several times to upload the correct version, but under "Extensions" there is always version 5.2.1 which I cannot install. How do I get it away? ” apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg from the command…
  • AndrewZ -

That does not help, same error in Chrome incognito mode.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How about .... a members meeting.

I would but travel is very difficult for numerous reasons. So, if you want to come to Wisconsin, I like beer.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

Quote from Kawatreiber7: “How do I get it away? ” Here
  • ryecoaaron -

• HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

I think you misunderstood me in my basic criticism of reasoning. You don't have to explain the text about BER and astronomical data sets to me again. I had already agreed with you. I have not questioned a fundamental added value of the Bitrot…
  • KM0201 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Problem adding hardrive.

Like (Post)
    Yeah, and I should acknowledge @macom . As memory serves, I think I stole that little process from one of his posts. :) (Clean and simple.)
  • KM0201 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Problem adding hardrive.

Like (Post)
    Quote from KM0201: “OP, this is the answer you seek. I've yet to see this NOT fix this problem. ” Now that you mention it, and put it that way, maybe this should be added into the build guide/process somewhere. It's a fairly common build problem.
  • jrod10133 -

Posted the thread Rpi 4 omv nas server smb buffering on kodi.

Thread
    hey guys im having issues with kodi on the shield tv buffering with openmediavault smb i made a movie library in kodi when i try to play a movie it start buffering after a few minutes then it kicks me out.i would like to know is kodi compatible with omv?…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How do I get CPU temp, hdd Temps and Fan speeds, preferably in netdata container.

I’m using Netdata and Grafana. Grafana has more features and options. Btw, you need to add: -v /proc:/host/proc:ro \
  • migue789 -

Replied to the thread Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

hi frinds I am trying to configure pihole docker in omv4 but when I want to save the image it indicates this error: invalid mount config for type "bind": invalid mount path: 'etc/pihole/' mount path must be absolute. See 'docker run --help'. What…
  • phrogpilot73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

Set your router's DNS servers to point to your pihole. Then everything that goes through your router will route through pihole for DNS. Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

Because I use IP policy routing through my VPN, which I don’t think will work with containers running in bridged mode.
  • HannesJo -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) USB Backup Job Options sometimes disabled.

Thread
    I use USB Backup plugin and for all jobs I set archive mode -a what implies -rlptgoD and addistional I use "Preserve ACL". Just wanted to edit some of the jobs and there is only one Job where the options Preserve Permissions, Preserve Owner, .. Group and…
  • macom -

Posted the thread How about .... a members meeting.

Thread
    I am wondering if there would be an interest to meet in the real world? Drink a water, beer, whisky or whiskey and contemplate about future developments of OMV and world piece ;) Maybe US, UK, Germany or ??? - Thailand