Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x GParted doesn't launch.

By the way... Not sure how powerful or how much RAM your "main" computer or laptop has.. but you may find testing with Virtualbox a better test than trying to test on that old beast. Only 1gig of RAM I can't imagine it doing much more of a "test" than…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Btrfs + UnionFS + SnapRAID.

If bitrot Happens in one Drive btrfs can restore from the others plus the parity information. Just like Snapraid. Why Not? What would bei the Point of raid5 otherwise? Here you can inform yourself:
  • fury13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remotemount.

is there a command I can run from ssh to get a share mounted in the mean time or would you recommend going back to 4.0?
  • KM0201 -

What command did you run to get that error?
  • xebra -

Posted the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

Thread
    I want get internet radios catalog working thru DLNA like it made in Synology Audio Station Is it possible? miniDLNA doesn't support it
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Accessing sharedfolders.

The mistake you are making is that when using dockers, references to file systems are relative to the container. In order to "connect" to a filesystem external to the container you must first set up a volume or bind mount that associates a Host Path to a…
  • Morlan -

are the folders specified as volumes when you set up the Dockers?
  • geaves -

Quote from MightyMo: “One thing that may be an issue is that I log in as the admin that I used to load. ” You can only log in to the web gui as admin nothing else will work. Docker; Your explanation sort of makes sense ?( what might be helpful is some…
  • Methy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox On OMV 4.

Thread
    Good evening, I would like to test Proxmox for virtualization, while keeping my OMV. Logically if I understand correctly I go to the plugin OMV-Extras and I install the kernel proxmox it should install it? Can someone tell me if that's right?
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread A L'AIDE :'( Configuration d'OpenVPN et SAMBA.

A vue de nez il semble que ca soit un problème de permissions.
  • matefon -

I got the following error: Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.130) ... update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.9.0-6-amd64 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/tigon/tg3_tso5.bin for module tg3 W: Possible missing firmware…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Btrfs + UnionFS + SnapRAID.

The Wikipedia article is about "whole drive" replacement using parity - this is what RAID5 does. It is not about single file silent bitrot detection and correction. A single RAID5 array, in either of the ZFS or BTRFS flavors, does not protect…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread A L'AIDE :'( Configuration d'OpenVPN et SAMBA.

Salut, Tu as essayé de voir avec le nom ou l'IP si cela fonctionne ? -(\\NOM_OMV ou \\Ip_de_la_machine)
  • matefon -

Sorry for late answer, I've forgot to go to page 2... Now, I'm installing OMV on Debian 9. My hard drive is a 80GB HDD (I know, but this server is only a test thingy)
  • matefon -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x GParted doesn't launch.

Like (Post)
    Well.. I'm not aware of any instructions... But you're going to have to manually partition the drive with the installer... How large is your hard drive?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to install OMV on rapbarry for desktop?.

Quote from idsn90: “I wonder if it is possible to install the system on raspberry for desktop? ” Possible? Yes. Recommended? No. Having a desktop environment installed causes problems with OMV.
  • idsn90 -

Posted the thread How to install OMV on rapbarry for desktop?.

Thread
    Hello people I wonder if it is possible to install the system on raspberry for desktop? :| :| :| :| :?:
  • ktrieun -

Replied to the thread Issues getting SSH PKA working.

I don't know if this will be useful, but here's the results of ls -l from the root directory Source Code (28 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remotemount.

That is one plugin that I don't really want to port. I haven't even started porting it. I need to finish porting rsnapshot and borgbackup first.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Reinstall command will loose my settings?.

Better question is why are you wanting to run that command?