Recent Activities

• gadric -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved mergerfs 2.26.2 on OMV4 does not work with Plex.

Can you try to add func.getattr=newe in the mount options of mergerfs partition?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Can't install Shairport.

I've removed version 2.8.4 from the OMV repo. So you should be able to install 2.8.6 from Debian Stretch. Note that backports are not installed, though it is displayed when calling apt-cache. That's because OMV only installes kernel images from…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x UnionFS and file distribution.

Quote from sonofwatt: “Could you elaborate on the advantages of "Existing Path, Most Free Space" in regards to recovery? If I have a large media folder with numerous sub-folders, is the "Existing Path, Most Free Space" smart enough to not split the…
  • FabrizioMaurizio -

Replied to the thread Why is my HDD waking up?.

Quote from FabrizioMaurizio: “I need to test this more but I think SMART was causing the disk to spin up. Anyway, I need to change the default spindown time for the hd622 (which currently is 10 minutes) to something higher like 60 minutes. I tried…
  • schulcz -

Quote from gderf: “Quote from schulcz: “I think I understood what you wrote, but what happens if I use Existing Path, Most Free Space policy, and the folder on first drive is filled full? I think UnionFS should create another folder with same name…
  • ps: maybe there is a communication error?
  • gderf -

Quote from schulcz: “I think I understood what you wrote, but what happens if I use Existing Path, Most Free Space policy, and the folder on first drive is filled full? I think UnionFS should create another folder with same name and path on other drive…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NAS Laufwerk über das Internet nutzen.

Quote from reeneex: “Kann das so klappen oder....? ” Nö, weil die Fritzbox nun selbst FTP-Server spielt: avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzb…f-Speicher-NAS-zugreifen/ Um eine "FTP-Durchreiche" einzurichten, müsstest Du Ports forwarded aber da FTP ein…
  • schulcz -

Quote from crashtest: “You probably will fill the drive up to the limit specified by in UnionFS. You're probably filling one drive with video content, which are very large files. When a shared folder is created on the UnionFS mount point, we'll say…
  • schulcz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved mergerfs 2.26.2 on OMV4 does not work with Plex.

Same here, the problem is identified after server reboot. I run Plex in docker, so I haven't got plex user under OMV. I added manually a "plexuser" before, who runs plex docker image, he is in users group also. I identified mounted media folders isn't…
  • w3services -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OVM with Zyntyal + Error.

After doing same chagnes ===> -- Unit smbd.service has begun starting up. May 19 12:24:01 openmediavault smbd[9540]: [2019/05/19 12:24:01.354291, 0] ../source3/passdb/pdb_ldap_util.c:313(smbldap_search_domain_info) May 19 12:24:01 openmediavault…
  • w3services -

Wrote a comment on ParadingLunatic’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hi,

I am struggling to add LDAP in OMV. But not able to do do it using the plugin. I saw your post and wanted to confirm that is an easy way to do it?
  • mateMathieu -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Update Openmediavault 5.0-1 and OMV-Extras.

Thanks for your answer, yes it would demand me some time/skills that I don't have at the moment. How far are we from 5.x release? days, months? Buster reached the RC1 state, would you advise me to wait a little?
  • w3services -

Wrote a comment on bbm’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Hi,

Have you done LDAP setup with OMV? Please share configuration if it's working.
  • reeneex -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x NAS Laufwerk über das Internet nutzen.

Thread
    Moinsen, wir fahren bald in den Urlaub und meine Frau möchte gerne ihre Fotos von unterwegs auf dem heimischen NAS speichern. Dazu möchte sie die SD Karte in das MacBook stecken und dann alle Fotos auf das heimische Laufwerk kopieren. Wie kann ich…
  • MrC -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Dockers sorting by "Created" not working well.

Thread
    Hi there ! Not sure this is the right spot for this thread. Move it if needed : ) Everything is in the title : when you sort your dockers images by "Created", it only (wrongly) takes care of the number, not of the unit (days, months, years). In my case,…
  • traumhaft -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved kernel modules mismatch on raspberry pi.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to schedule regular copy of backup data to a USB drive.

Quote from chmeee5: “I want to schedule a regular copy of the backup data from the nvme SSD drive to a (much slower) 2TB USB drive ” You can use rsync for that. Rsync plugin is part of OMV core. If you clone the complete folder of UrBackup you need…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved kernel modules mismatch on raspberry pi.

Quote from traumhaft: “Is there a way to trigger this upgrade manually post installation? ” Login as root via SSH and then github.com/ThomasKaiser/OMV4_f…ter/overlay/firstrun#L160
  • chmeee5 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to schedule regular copy of backup data to a USB drive.

Thread
    I've finally got OMV working with URbackup on my home network backing up files to a Rockpi 4b with nvme drive. It's very quick compared to my previous build on a Raspberry pi but as shown in the subject - I want to schedule a regular copy of the backup…