Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install Plex Media Server without Docker.

Some, but perhaps not all Plex dockers do not contain the actual application - they download it when first run. For these dockers the mechanism used to check for and obtain an update to a newer version of the application is to restart the container. If…
  • lelos09 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?.

yes of course as the video, should i use something else?
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked stefan1983’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Hi guys, regarding portainer I've got two things...: 1) There is already a pretty handy feature in portainer which enables updating containers very easily! That alone is a feature which should everyone prefer portainer over OMVs build-in docker…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread System Disk is full.

Your du command should have to the -x flag to not traverse other filesystems. That way, you will still see usage in /srv even in filesystems are mounted on the subdirectories. sudo du -x -d1 -h / | sort -h
  • sgt.luk3 -

Replied to the thread J5005 build.

@Glider_bum You could replace the Core500 with a Node304. You have more 3.5" slots there and its very small, too.
  • cabrio_leo -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread System Disk is full.

Like (Post)
    And to make matters worse. The junk files may be hidden... If some job (or you), at one time, wrote a bunch of backup files, or whatever, to a mount point that wasn't mounted, it is possible that the mount point in question now is mounted. then the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install Plex Media Server without Docker.

Quote from gderf: “One thing that is not all that well understood is that updates to a Plex Docker are not the same thing as updates to the Plex Media Server application that is being run by the docker. These are two very different things. ” Can you…
  • Adoby -

And to make matters worse. The junk files may be hidden... If some job (or you), at one time, wrote a bunch of backup files, or whatever, to a mount point that wasn't mounted, it is possible that the mount point in question now is mounted. then the…
  • Nas-turally -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved ZFS BTRFS recommendation.

@macom, @Adoby : I forgot to thank you for your answers. So... thanks for sharing info!
  • gderf -

One thing that is not all that well understood is that updates to a Plex Docker are not the same thing as updates to the Plex Media Server application that is being run by the docker. These are two very different things.
  • Spectre216 -

Quote from votdev: “Normally this is caused by a not available filesystem (incl. shared folders) which is the target of a backup/rsync/whatever job. So you might concentrate on looking into the /srv directory where all filesystems are mounted. If a…
  • @UltimateByte : any news about your SMART alert with a Crucial MX500 drive? I also own a Crucial MX500 (a 2To SSD) and I get the very same email on OMV 4, with the same SMART results. What happened next for you after mid-June? Thank you!
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unclear network behaviour.

A few more tests have been done and the decision has been made to remove network manager from Armbian supported builds. This has been integrated into a guide for SBC build's for Armbian boards.
  • sgt.luk3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras.

I' ll send it when I'm at home. But good hint!
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tinh_x7: “You don’t have to rely on Docker for update or its service. ” There is an official plex docker (amd64 only though) that looks updated often. So, I would guess they have automation to push a new image whenever they release a new…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras.

I'm guessing you don't have Debian repos setup. What is the output of the apt clean button from omv-extras? Please cut&paste instead of screenshot.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer.

mistery solved, your minidlna is exited ( not active), you must investigate the cause Quote from Tamalou: “Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/minidlna; generated; vendor preset: enabled) Active: active (exited) since Sat 2019-11-30 02:01:26 CET; 1…
  • votdev -

Normally this is caused by a not available filesystem (incl. shared folders) which is the target of a backup/rsync/whatever job. So you might concentrate on looking into the /srv directory where all filesystems are mounted. If a filesystem is not mounted…
  • HRSCR -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Quote from gderf: “Quote from HRSCR: “Any other app installed on Portainer will be.... a docker inside a docker? ” No. It will be a docker alongside another docker. ” Thank you very much! I had that wrong idea. Have a nice day, really appreciated.
  • HRSCR -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from HRSCR: “Any other app installed on Portainer will be.... a docker inside a docker? ” No. It will be a docker alongside another docker.