Recent Activities

• table681 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Slow speeds.

Quote from geaves: “Not worth the effort! I'm guessing you are in the UK as you are using a Plusnet Hub One, this is nothing more than a rebadged BT Home Hub 5, I have been a BT customer for longer than I can remember. These hub's are what they are,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake keeps crashing.

Quote from table681: “All my MAC (the client) was doing was connecting to the machine nothing else. ” There should be no load then. Not sure what is causing that.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

I already have a very capable router, I don't need to turn my OMV machine into another one. From my perspective, given the choice between running a VPN solution on the router or running it on a LAN machine, best practice would be to run it on the…
  • table681 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “So, that isn't while you are transferring files? Is the client running a virus scan on the share? ” All my MAC (the client) was doing was connecting to the machine nothing else.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It also doesn't have as many features. ” I would agree but a new user could look at portainer and it appear rather daunting compared to the current plugin, but with Cockpit you get 2 for 1 :)
  • geaves -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer.

Like (Post)
    Quote from geaves: “I was looking more at the KIS principle, ” I just pushed omv-extras 5.0.4 to the repo and now you can select if you want portainer and/or cockpit. Quote from geaves: “But I thought about Cockpit in regards to VM installs as well…
  • happyreacer -

Liked Agricola’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer/Docker.

Like (Post)
    Quote from @happyreacer: “but... it is difficould for me to manage nginx sides with a letsencrypt cert. ” Well now, I haven’t tried the remote side to Nextcloud yet. I know it was a bear in omv4. I’m waiting for omv5 to come out of beta and my…
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.

Like (Post)
    Quote from dziekon: “Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since version 5. I assume you're talking about plugins…
  • ravennevar -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Quote from gderf: “In your VPN settings under routing you have 172.17.0.0/16. Where did that come from? I would have the private network of the machine there. But I do not use this VPN setup myself. If I needed inward VPN access to my network, it…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from table681: “As its using 80% of CPU to connect with one other machine and send data. ” So, that isn't while you are transferring files? Is the client running a virus scan on the share?
  • table681 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That seems high for that cpu. I can't think of an easy way to limit samba. Is it causing a problem? ” No, I just thought that was very usual behaviour. As its using 80% of CPU to connect with one other machine and send data.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Quote from David B: “how compatible are OMV4 plugins with 5? ” They aren't. That is why they are being ported. Here is the post I keep updated with the porting status - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122
  • David B -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Looking forward to OMV5! And also OMV6's upcoming new UI. Regarding OMV5, how compatible are OMV4 plugins with 5? Will they mostly work or should I expect things to break?
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from table681: “Is there anyway to limit this or is this just how OMV works ” That seems high for that cpu. I can't think of an easy way to limit samba. Is it causing a problem?
  • lefigue -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Building deb packages. Having a lintian issue..

Thanks so much! That seems to have sorted it out. Cheers!
  • KM0201 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer.

Like (Post)
    Quote from geaves: “I was looking more at the KIS principle, ” I just pushed omv-extras 5.0.4 to the repo and now you can select if you want portainer and/or cockpit. Quote from geaves: “But I thought about Cockpit in regards to VM installs as well…
  • table681 -

Okay well I guess I am going to have to leave handbrake then. However I had one more question for you which is a little unrelated. I am using a dual core processor at 2.8 GHZ (E5500), however when only one computed is connected and accessing data the cpu…
  • rez -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Unionfilesystem Plugin.

Quote from BobbyS: “ Edit: So I have seemed to fix it. Truthfully, I don't know how. I kept uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it. Either that fixed it, or I create a UNFS with different drives, created the shared folder, then changed the drives…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread CADDYserver / A cry for help.

Quote from epoex: “Does anyone here possess some CADDY knowledge? ” No, but Jellyfin gives remote access, I think what you do is to create the user then send them an email with a link, at least I believe that is the process, as Jellyfin can be set with…