Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with Static IP.

Quote from Scorp21: “I write the hostname of my NAS in the adresse bar or my browser? ” write openmediavault.local, if the hostname is openmediavault
  • Erinox -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) System logs - Date & Time column gone?.

Like (Post)
    They are sorted by rownum until you click the sort column. I think the column should have it sortable flag turned off. If you want the sorting backing, just Reset the UI like I mentioned earlier.
  • Erinox -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) System logs - Date & Time column gone?.

Alright on the second try resetting the UI worked. Thank you. And yes, turning the sortable flag off would work as well. Like I said, I don't see the need for it to be sorted alphabetically.
  • Scorp21 -

Thank for your reply ...i will test this this afternoon.. But i'm not really understanding..sorry.. How Can i connect to OMV with my browser? I write the hostname of my NAS in the adresse bar or my browser? Thanks
  • macom -

Quote from Scorp21: “If i'm trying to connect OMV since my computer with "ssh root@myIP" it's not good to ans I can't connect and this message appear. ” You just need to remove the first line in the known-hosts file on your windows computer. The path…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread RAID 5 not available 2 of 3 HDDs missing.

Quote from mafi: “Does 'resync=PENDING' mean that the resync is now running in the background, or do I have to do something else to start the resync? ” :D I could say it's going into nuclear melt down but that's me being sarcastic :D Do me one favour…
  • ozboss -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi 4 (OMV5) installation - Why is my NAS getting two IP addresses?.

I also have two IP addresses assigned to eth0 after installing OMV on my Raspberry Pi... Mildly annoying :D
  • Scorp21 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Problem with Static IP.

Thread
    Hello, it's my first thread on this forum. I'm French, so sorry for my english wich is not fluent... I'm new in linux environment and i want to creat my own NAS with OMV. The installation and the first connection are ok. My problem appear when i want to…
  • mafi -

Replied to the thread RAID 5 not available 2 of 3 HDDs missing.

Hi geaves, after fighting some time with myself, I decided to give it a try: root@OpenMediaVault:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md0 mdadm: stopped /dev/md0 root@OpenMediaVault:~# mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md0 /dev/sd[dcb] mdadm: looking for…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Files Getting Corrupted Often.

Quote from vinayakgoyal: “OMV5 doesn't allow RAID on flashdrives ” It doesn't allow to create RAID on USB drives.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

Found a 3 year thread on here post the output of lsof /dev/md127
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Again : bad disk, changed, no raid anymore.

Quote from hubertes: “sda was bad, changed it with a new one. Now Raid is inactive. ” Did you just pull the drive and add a new one?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Some help with installing mariadb with protrainer.

Make sure your internet connection is working. You could try to setup the container from CLI or with docker-compose instead: [How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer You can use the docker-compose file from here, just remove the parts related to…
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “what else can I do? ” Look in Diagnostics -> Processes Something is accessing that raid array that is preventing it from being stopped.
  • macom -

I tried it once again, without Putty, direct an after a reboot. for mdadm --stop /dev/md127 i receeved: mdadm: Canno get exclusive access to /dev/md127: Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group? gui shows (as all services…
  • macom -

Are these drives connected by USB? If so, I remember there is some speciality to use btrfs on USB connected drives. I will try to find it. You could also try to use ext4 instead.
  • vinayakgoyal -

Quote from macom: “Quote from vinayakgoyal: “I've installed OMV5 on an OrangePi Win Plus with 2 Flash Drives 128 GBs each ” Are those independent drives or did you set up a RAID? ” Independent Drives ( OMV5 doesn't allow RAID on flashdrives )
  • Kishan -

Replied to the thread Reconfigure the Nas drives.

Quote from gderf: “What you should be doing is having a way to recover from an OMV boot drive crash.” Can we use nts by having drive in basic state ? Or will it be in dynamic state ? Sent from my SM-M107F using Tapatalk
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is it possible to change Plugin install path.

Your best option is to move Plex to docker as well. There will be no Plex plugin in OMV5 anyway.