Recent Activities

• Gst -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

ok I`ll stay on Putty. root@OMVneu:~# mdadm --detail /dev/md127 /dev/md127: Version : 1.2 Creation Time : Fri Sep 16 05:50:43 2016 Raid Level : raid5 Array Size : 5860270080 (5588.79 GiB 6000.92 GB) Used Dev Size : 2930135040…
  • geaves -

what's the output of mdadm --detail /dev/md127
  • Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.
  • Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.
  • ozboss -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi 4 (OMV5) installation - Why is my NAS getting two IP addresses?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. ” Sorry :) Quote from ryecoaaron: “apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated. ” Thank you for the easy fix. You are…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from wepee: “Should I bother about implementing script that @thedarkness suggested? Or just stick with manual way of doing SYNC and SCRUB? ” In this area, others like @gderf and @thedarkness may have better advice. In my use case, SNAPRAID is on…
  • geaves -

This still doesn't help as to why the array will not stop.
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “I can also put the commands in on the omv line, if nessessary. ” Do everything via putty from your windows pc leave omv alone that's the idea of using putty.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from wepee: “ I am not familiar with linux commands, I have no idea about how to run script within OMV after doing Google search for 1-2 hours. ” I took this piece from your post, "run script within OMV" and googled it. Source Code (1…
  • Gst -

to copy the results to post it to you I again changed to putty (on my windows pc). I can also put the commands in on the omv line, if nessessary. I´ve just to switch the keyboard.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from montrey: “Quote from KM0201: “I don't use Plex, but if you do what you were told earlier and looked at the docker info, you would know your pic shows where you went wrong. First, fix what you messed up. Where put "-e VERSION=latest" as…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker issue installing Handbrake on RPI.

You really want to encode video on an RPi? github.com/jlesage/docker-handbrake/issues/48 If you don't want to wait, you could create a simple dockerfile based of debian buster that just installs handbrake from the debian repos.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Nanopi crashes on file transfers.

It is possible it is a kernel issue. I don't have a v2 but my v1 has been ultra stable. Maybe try the 4.4 kernel instead of the 5.4 kernel?
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “could for this be the problem that Putty is running ? ” Putty should be on the remote machine, how are you running these commands are you using ssh via putt from another machine or are you typing directly on omv via it's own command line?
  • Gst -

root@OMVneu:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md127 -- force mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md127:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group? could for this be the problem that Putty is running ?
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “mdadm: No devices given. ” That makes no sense Lets try another way round mdadm --stop /dev/md127 -- force
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

You did not try to mount (which I wrote) and scrub (which I did not write). Can you try that please? What do you mean by SnapRaid drive? There are two types: Data and Parity. Are we working on the Parity or Data? In any case, we can also try the other…
  • Edvin-89 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Unable to mount raid after new installation..

Like (Post)
    I've found an old thread with a similar problem so we'll have a look at another option wipefs --no-act /dev/md127 EDIT: The above would be the better option, as the zfs signatures appear to be the same on both drives, as to why they are there I can only…
  • Edvin-89 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Unable to mount raid after new installation..

Like (Post)
    Quote from Edvin-89: “Thought it would be a more time consuming process than it was, almost a little disappointed that it went so fast ” :thumbup: Ok because it seems to be omv raid error week :D where are we up to?