Recent Activities

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?.

hdd sentinel for linux is a binary, you download it and execute.
  • thedarkness -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?.

Like (Post)
    I always recommend adding hddsentinel to your box,and regularly executing it and monitoring disks.
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

• Joe Chip -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problem booting up with LUKS and UnionFileSystem.

I'll answer to myself and all others intrested in using OMV with LUKS and unionfs, I can mount now all from from gui or shell Just created simple script for a little automation, it's easier to explain that way ;) Shell-Script (16 lines)
  • thedarkness -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRAID SMART HDD test = Reliable?.

Quote from ness1602: “I always recommend adding hddsentinel to your box,and regularly executing it and monitoring disks. ” I use hddsentinel on Windows, can it work on Linux too? Is it a daemon and sends regular reports, or you have to access it via…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled.

Can not reproduce that on an origin Debian 10. Source Code (11 lines)Source Code (3 lines)
  • Morlan -

Liked mousemat’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved docker breaks internet connection.

Like (Post)
    Fixed this by giving the default bridge network a seperate IP range. It seems docker was conflicting with my network and blocking the internet after it started up. I wanted to post the solution here incase any one else suffers the same problem: This is…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b.

which errors are you getting? EDIT: The name got changed from uroni/urbackup-server-multiarch to uroni/urbackup-server. So you are good.
  • Joe Chip -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problem booting up with LUKS and UnionFileSystem.

I'm almost done :) So it's not raspi problem after few plugins updates, there's progress NFS works, /export is mapped properly on 240:480 on /export/union type fuse.mergerfs (rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other) for now just…
  • mousemat -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved docker breaks internet connection.

Fixed this by giving the default bridge network a seperate IP range. It seems docker was conflicting with my network and blocking the internet after it started up. I wanted to post the solution here incase any one else suffers the same problem: This is…
  • JalaL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid5/BTRFS recovered/claimed almost 900 Gb of freespace by itself !!!.

After reading TFM, it looks like the "wasted" space was internally allocated by BTRFS, so before this magical thing happened, I was seeing the "unallocated" space (see at the very bottom) which was equal to free space I was initially seeing with the…
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid5/BTRFS recovered/claimed almost 900 Gb of freespace by itself !!!.

Guess I would compare the storage with last backup
  • jfromeo -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

And will it be a "cleaner" way to proceed in the future?
  • 4kristof6 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled.

Thread
    Hello omv world, How to avoid password authentication for a single user when pka is set up ? What I do in web gui : - create a user and add it in ssh group, shell is /bin/sh - copy/paste my rsa pub key - disable root auth and password auth - connect to…
  • kattivius -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b.

Quote from Morlan: “Repo is updated. The official image also got updated yesterday. Generally I would advise you to switch to the official image uroni/urbackup-server-multiarch. As is it basically the same image under the hood you can keep all your…
  • Gozo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) I cant install OMV Extras.

@macom I'm sure I was blind, or went outside for a coffee, didn't pay enough attention.... In this house the problem is always between the chair and the keyboard..
  • ness1602 -

Yes,that is the way to go OMV4 > OMV5 currently.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Constant need to restart OMV.

Have you ever considered to check if there is a error thrown by the browser? Just press F12 and check if there is an error.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) CLAMAV startet nicht.

Please post the output of Shell-Script (1 line)
  • jfromeo -

First of all, thanks for the support. I am on latest offical OMV 4 branch. Whenever OMV 5 will be officially available, would it be enough to update via the web GUI? (dirty flash). I guess we should uninstall all plugins (and maybe docker images?)…