Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 OMV 5 build for banana pi? OMV 4 unstable.

Have you tried the OMV4 image from here? sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ngle%20Board%20Computers/ sourceforge.net/projects/openm…Banana_Pi.img.xz/download Strictly follow the instructions on the download page. Works on my Bananapi. A bit slow,…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x The PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.

in the config folder find -name php.ini Hope so, did not try ;)
  • macom -

Replied to the thread impossible to install OMV from debian.

How to install omv-extras: omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides
  • uaytac -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Network DNS/ping problem.

I did not change any settings on OVM. Maybe there is a gost playing with my settings :) if this is the case then I can change OVM's ip and see the result.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “There is no OMV5 for Raspberry Pi until Debian updates the kernal. ” Why is that? (Hidden Content)
  • terencefaul -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox with docker.

Is there a performance hit on the omv vm. Is it not better to run radarr etc in containers on proxmox Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Configuring BitTorrent results in "bad variable name".

Users who use transmission will suggest using Docker rather than the plugin, there are videos in the guides section on how to do this.
  • oberfragger -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10.

So you prefer OMV4 for RPI4 (4GB)? I have the PoE-Hat installed. Active cooling... Class10 32GB Samsung SD-Card
  • iamskanob -

Replied to the thread Seeking Guidance, First-Time NAS project.

Quote from Adoby: “Some prefer one or few big NAS boxes, each with many small drives. I prefer many tiny NAS boxes with one or few big drives each. I prefer one tiny HC2 with one expensive big 12TB drive to a big NAS box with 4X4TB cheap drives in…
  • iamskanob -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Seeking Guidance, First-Time NAS project.

Like (Post)
    Some prefer one or few big NAS boxes, each with many small drives. I prefer many tiny NAS boxes with one or few big drives each. I prefer one tiny HC2 with one expensive big 12TB drive to a big NAS box with 4X4TB cheap drives in RAID5. I just ordered…
  • crashtest -

flashmemory is a plugin for OMV. If you want to use flash media as a boot drive, the flashmemory plugin needs to be installed after OMV is up and running. If it's not installed, thumbdrives and SD-cards die early. They won't last long. Installing…
  • RPMan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox with docker.

Hi, You can run OMV in a VM and use docker to run Plex Radarr etc into that VM. It's easy and you can backup and manage users permissions easily. That works for me.
  • TechnoDadLife -

There is no OMV5 for Raspberry Pi until Debian updates the kernal. The most common problems with raspberry Pi installs: Old, slow or corrupt sd card. Under powered power supply. These can cause all sorts of strange errors. Check those first. Once you…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “I made this exact post on the freenas forums and they have quite snobby and just dismissive/unhelpful "oh you dont have ECC memory dont bother" its actually quite off putting. ” :D You're not the first and I'm sure not the last to…
  • terencefaul -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox with docker.

Thread
    Hi Hope all can help. I am thinking of reviving my OMV4 box and am considering a couple of options which I was going the clever people on the forum can assist with. Change OMV4 box to a Proxmox 6 box and running a omv in a VM passing through the data…
  • oberfragger -

Quote from Huberer: “Thanks, I found in the meantime another post here in the forum. I had problems with the installation of the keyring but could solve it. Now installation process of OMV5 is going on :thumbsup: ” How about to post it here? I have all the time…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Quote from crackjack: “I made this exact post on the freenas forums and they have quite snobby and just dismissive/unhelpful "oh you dont have ECC memory dont bother" its actually quite off putting. ” :D You're not the first and I'm sure not the last to…
  • .H. -

@crashtest, i used this kind of installation since few month ( before i installed only omv ) but i never installed flashmemory plugin it's a plugin for my NAS hardware ? , debian, or Omv ? thanks
  • crackjack -

Replied to the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Quote from Adoby: “Why do you need redundancy? ” Who doesnt need redundancy? Serious answer, I just want some extra file security/safty/peace of mind, I have 1.9tb of music which I have been collecting for nearly 10 years 500gb of it is flac the rest…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Quote from Dyfcom: “I mean two of this raidsonic.de/de/index.php?we_objectID=3876 , its like a external Harddrive-case. ” :thumbsup: