Recent Activities

• Paladin Goo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Any news on OMV Extras for OMV 5?.

Quote from Agricola: “Use the wget command found at the omv-extras.org/guides page. ” Thanks! :)
  • Agricola -

Use the wget command found at the omv-extras.org/guides page.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dockers and file accessibility (newb question).

The answer to your question is in the documentation for the docker.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer/Docker.

Quote from @happyreacer: “but... it is difficould for me to manage nginx sides with a letsencrypt cert. ” Well now, I haven’t tried the remote side to Nextcloud yet. I know it was a bear in omv4. I’m waiting for omv5 to come out of beta and my…
  • Paladin Goo -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from dungeonseeker: “OMV 5 seems to be out now ” As far as I know it is just another beta release. Quote from dungeonseeker: “Any ideas when OMV Extras will drop for OMV 5? ” I pushed the first OMV 5.x version of…
  • Paladin Goo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Dockers and file accessibility (newb question).

Thread
    This is a bit of a newbie question, but how does file accessibility work with dockers? For example, I install the Plex Media Server docker. I want to migrate my Windows PMS data to OMV (which I know how to do without dockers. It's easy, just time…
  • flvinny521 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Schedule job works when run manually, fails at scheduled time.

Thank you, @Adoby. I was able to get the script working using your trick. At 3 AM, snapcript is run as root using this command: cd /usr/sbin && /bin/bash ratsscript.sh And then ratsscript.sh looks like this (may be overkill, but it works for…
  • savellm -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x ZFS to use more than 50% ram?.

Thread
    So I've got a fairly happy working setup, but noticed that ZFS will not use more than 50% ram. I have 128gb so plenty spare. Is there a way to safely allow ZFS to use more ram?
  • mira67 -

Quote from Agricola: “A week ago when I first saw Portainer and couldn’t find Docker, I was just like you, but after messing with it a bit I think it will be better in the long run. In a docker container, if you missed a leading slash in your config…
  • happyreacer -

in my case i have no problems with the containers there i use in omv4, but... it is difficould for me to manage nginx sides with a letsencrypt cert. ;(
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x What is the best way to back-up OMV and to keep it healthy?.

Quote from @KM0201: “I've not cloned or otherwise backed up my OS drive since I started using OMV in 2011. ” I just love reading through the forums. You learn so much. I laugh and then think about it and realize “that’s right” for certain…
  • GuyFromMars -

Replied to the thread Local DNS, DHCP.

• raulfg3 -

• GuyFromMars -

Ya, I have a lot of options on my Router, but the DHCP has me assign static IP's via Mac, without giving me the Hostname. So, I have to keep a separate list of MAC addresses to figure out how I'm assigning IP's, which I don't like. Also, I want to be…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins for Deluge container.

Make sure that the drive pointed to by the container's /config Volume or Bind mount is mounted exec capable.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rsync push from OMV to remote Synology NAS - permission denied.

Take a look at this thread, for setting up remote mount and an Rsync job. The only difference between a push or a pull is the source and destination.
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x FTP sessions from foreign IPs.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Firewall rules are generally a very complex issue and only view users are familiar with it. ” Yes and no. A few simple rules for the average user at home I would rather not call complicated. And no matter what fw or operating…
  • Agricola -

A week ago when I first saw Portainer and couldn’t find Docker, I was just like you, but after messing with it a bit I think it will be better in the long run. In a docker container, if you missed a leading slash in your config path or something…
  • eseelke -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install plugins for Deluge container.

I'm having the same issue. I am trying to install the AutoRemove plugin. forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=47243
  • Shinobi -

Liked JohnStiles’s post in the thread OMV 4.x FTP sessions from foreign IPs.

Like (Post)
    220.132.255.239 CHTD, Chunghwa Telecom Co.,Ltd. Taipei, Taiwan, 100 119.177.160.27 China Unicom Shandong Province Network No.21,Jin-Rong Street Beijing,100033 P.R.China You exposed the service to the touch of the world, various strange things will…