Recent Activities

• Visnah -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Make SabNZBd use VPN-tunnel of haugene/transmission-openvpn?.

VPN is the Name of my Transmision Container. You have to use the name of your container. For the WEB Interface from SABNZBN you must put the Port 8080 in the Transmission Docker Container. Like 8080:8080
  • balz333 -

Replied to the thread OMV Migration to a new boot device.

Quote from macom: “If the USB drive is smaller than the nvme drive you need to use the -icds switch in Clonezilla. ” Good hint. I would have forgotten thx again
  • phunksta -

Replied to the thread Borgbackup plugin UI error "Failed to execute Xpath Query".

Source Code (75 lines)Original message Source Code (1 line)
  • the-evil -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

Quote from crashtest: “In OMV, when you create a user, the user is added to the "users" group. ("Users" is the actual name of the group.) When you create a shared folder, the users group is given read and write access to it by default. ” that is…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Mergerfs guide.

You could read the documentation for starters. github.com/trapexit/mergerfs
  • macom -

If the USB drive is smaller than the nvme drive you need to use the -icds switch in Clonezilla. Amount of data on the nvme drive must be smaller than the available space on the USB drive.
  • macom -

During first boot you may have to enter the grub menu and change the boot device. Just try. If you can't get it to work you can still do a fresh installation.
  • crashtest -

Quote from the-evil: “i have no idea why, but my Network-ID is grey.... ” The Network-ID setting doesn't matter. The button below it ( Change ) will let you change the workgroup name. ____________________________________________________ You have…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainder usage.

Replied to the thread Borgbackup plugin UI error "Failed to execute Xpath Query".

Clear your browser cache. If that doesn't work, post the output of sudo omv-showkey borgbackup
  • Marx -

Posted the thread Mergerfs guide.

Thread
    Hi I want to use mergerfs. I've installed plugin from extras, but I'm not sure how to correctly use it. Is there some blog or guide I could read to see an example usage?
  • Blabla -

Liked Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?.

Like (Post)
    I would advise to also familiarize yourself with docker-compose files. You can deploy them via portainer and it helps you enormously if you want to move your existing docker configurations to another system or when you upgrade/wipe your existing system.
  • the-evil -

Hi... i have no idea why, but my Network-ID is grey.... :S D9gKGm2
  • balz333 -

Are you sure? In my opinion the GRUB doesn't know the boot partition because of the /dev/... changes
  • macom -

I would just clone the drive to the USB drive using Clonezilla. After a reboot everything should work as before (unless there is anything special due to nvme I am not aware of). if not, you can still do a fresh installation to the USB drive. The RAID…
  • happyreacer -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainder usage.

Thread
    Hi, Some users need instructions how can use Portainer. @TechnoDadLife can you make a video for using a container with sub-volumes and so on in porteiner? i think on a step by step tutorial. by the way, i like so much your videos :thumbsup:
  • balz333 -

You describe a lot of thing what I can do. But are this steps in the OMV GUI or on the native Linux shell? I think it is not a problem to unmount the RAID5 filesystem and install the OMV on the new USB stick. But how does recognize the "new" OMV, that…
  • balz333 -

Wrote a comment on KM0201’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Now I'm confused. I have two times posted my question? Then sorry, that was not my intention.
  • You could post the part of the file you changed. Then someone might be able to tell you where the issue is. If you want to reinstall this will not affect your data drives. Just disconnect the data drives to make sure you do not install on one of the…
  • wookash -

Replied to the thread MACVLAN Issues.

Quote from Ageassia: “Quote from wookash: “hi, I'm on omv 4, kernel 4.19.97. how do I upgrade to the newer kernel? ” Just type sudo rpi-update in the terminal. When it's done, sudo reboot to reboot the system. After that, the updated kernel should be…