Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASRock H370M pro4 ethernet not recognized.

You could try to install Debian 9 w/o desktop environment and then OMV4 on top. Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch) Or try OMV5 ISO.
  • thermo -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Shared Folders all empty after reboot.

Installed the update to 4.1.25-1 today. Same strange behaviour. After restart and decryption of the luks encrypted storage all shares under /sharedfolders/<share> are empty. Data is untouched and everything is still mounted under /srv/dev[...]/. SMB does…
  • ontorugs -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASRock H370M pro4 ethernet not recognized.

I updated my bios to the latest version. I've made sure that ethernet is enabled in the bios. Still same message...
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex - Hardware transcode with Nvidia.

Have you tried to add it to "extra arguments" in the docker-gui plugin?
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5 release imminent?.

Quote from Antioch: “always result in random errors ” Have you tried if OMV5 is ok? Than you could as well use OMV5.
  • Thormir84 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex - Hardware transcode with Nvidia.

Thread
    Hi all! I'm new here, and i have a problem with the configuration of hardware transcode with a Nvidia GPU. I have a Plex server inside a container on Docker Plugin (Thanks to Technodad's tutorials!). I have read the instructions here:
  • Antioch -

Several components on my board do not have drivers in the OMV4 kernel, thus I cannot complete the standard OMV4 install and need to do frankenbuilds which seem to always result in random errors after installing OMV on top. So, no, I haven't tried…
  • ness1602 -

Did you try installing newer ubuntu kernels with OMV 4?
  • geaves -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you add Extra Arguments in Portainer?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from geaves: “at the Portainer GUI in the add container under capabilities there is an option NET_ADMIN which is disabled, could that be the answer. ” Seems so. In the Container I created with the docker-compose file the NET_ADMIN switch is…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you add Extra Arguments in Portainer?.

Quote from geaves: “at the Portainer GUI in the add container under capabilities there is an option NET_ADMIN which is disabled, could that be the answer. ” Seems so. In the Container I created with the docker-compose file the NET_ADMIN switch is…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread SMB shares not working on Armbian after update.

Quote from LogicalUnit: “My current theory is that because I had never set up a user in OMV, none of my credentials were going to work. ” That's correct, you need to add a user to OMV to authenticate a login, that same user can be added to shares you…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you add Extra Arguments in Portainer?.

Quote from Agricola: “I just discovered that has also changed in omv4. ” There is a guide for Nextcloud/Letsencrypt created by @macom this is where the use of docker compose will be necessary as the only way to add options like cap add is in a docker…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex & Docker - Your home screen is currently empty.

Check the log file of the container. And add /transcode in the container path. Without R/O.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread What happened with my apt?.

Try to check the log files. If the time is not enough you can read the SD card with another Linux system.
  • LogicalUnit -

Replied to the thread SMB shares not working on Armbian after update.

Okay, I have made progress on this one. I changed the privileges on my shared folder to give all users read/write/execute permissions, and then set public to Guests Allowed in the CIFS/SMB settings. This means I can access my shares without…
  • BobbyS -

Replied to the thread UnionFS Stale File Handle.

Thanks for the assistance, @subzero79. Switching to SMB/CIFS seems to be a good interim fix. I've been running it all day with no issues. This issue had me tearing my hair out thinking it was a Docker issue but who knew it'd be such a simple fix. I'm…
  • BobbyS -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread UnionFS Stale File Handle.

Like (Post)
    It happens to me. I ended up switching to use the smb docker storage plugin for remote mounts just for downloaders for plex nfs should work fine. Most of this problems come usually I guess when sonarr is moving files across copying and server becomes…
  • shockwave -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Moving Photos from Google to OMV Nextcloud.

When downloading photos from Google, has anyone noticed that many of the files seem to be missing. I downloaded 150GB of google Takeout, but many of them are .jpg.json. Is there something else I need to do?
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Active Directory / LDAP Revisited.

I was able to run the on OMV 5.0.9-1 and connect to my 2012 server. There is a chicken and egg situation going on. When you save the smb extra settings you will get an error because it is not joined to the AD. Ignore it and run the script. Reboot and hit…
  • Agricola -

Quote from geaves: “--cap-add=NET_ADMIN this I'm not sure of, but wasn't there something on here that this was no longer required. ” From the docker hub: Quote: “--cap-add=NET_ADMIN is required for fail2ban to modify iptables ”