Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

Quote from Gst: “I have to leave now (looking for the kids), but if there is anything more I can do at the weekend i`d be lucky to hear about. ” Leave it until the weekend, the fact that it won't stop makes no sense, it's something I have not come across.
  • Alok -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Upgrading to Raspberry Pi 4.

Like (Post)
    No, you should be able to reuse the data drives. just mount them, create shared folders and point them to the existing folders on the drives.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrading to Raspberry Pi 4.

No, you should be able to reuse the data drives. just mount them, create shared folders and point them to the existing folders on the drives.
  • Gst -

I stoped all services (samba, plex....) but the result is the same. I have to leave now (looking for the Kids), but if there is anything more I can do at the weekend i`d be lucky to hear about. Thanks so far.
  • Alok -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrading to Raspberry Pi 4.

I have open media vault 4 installed on a raspberry pi 3b. i use it for nas. It has 2 hard drive connected. Both of the hard drives format are ext4. I just bought raspberry pi 4b. Now i want to use the omv on pi 4. My question is if i shutdown the pi 3b…
  • geaves -

I'm sorry we losing this in the translation, I didn't want you to execute anything I was simply informing you that why that error busy -skipping happened. You must perform both commands from post 12 for this to work! If the array cannot stop something…
  • Gst -

root@OMVneu:~# / dev / sda is busy - skipping mdadm -bash: /: Ist ein Verzeichnis
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “root @ OMVneu: ~ # mdadm / dev / md127 ” You have to stop the array! mdadm --assemble will fail if the array is not stopped hence this : / dev / sda is busy - skipping mdadm
  • Gst -

tried shutdown... received this after re-trying root@OMVneu:~# mdadm /dev/md127 /dev/md127: 5588.79GiB raid5 3 devices, 0 spares. Use mdadm --detail for more detail. root@OMVneu:~# mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abd] mdadm:…
  • Spy Alelo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5 new behavior.

• Spy Alelo -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 5 new behavior.

Like (Post)
    I'll have to install a fresh VM to see if I can test this on a VM.
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “Does copy and paste not work with putty ” Yes, it's what most users use but I ssh from W10 cmd. Quote from Gst: “: Cannot get exclusive access to / dev / md127: Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x [HowTo] WireGuard with OMV Super-Easy.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ozboss: “Reinstalling the plugin on the main server gives the same error. I don't know what it means, is it a clue for something? ” I wouldn't count on the plugin doing everything correctly. That is why it is in…
  • Gst -

root@OMVneu:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md127:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group? how can I find out if there is another process running? Or what else should I do ? (Does copy…
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “as if it is possible, ” If the drive is OK then it's possible, from the command line run these two and it should come back up, mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abd] just copy and paste each…
  • Gst -

correct. as if it is possible, else to put in a new one...
  • geaves -

Quote from Gst: “Dear geaves, I really understund nothing.... ” The output from the above shows 3 drives which are part of your raid 5 /dev/sd[abd] whilst your raid is active it is a clean/degraded state as your first image shows, the drive /dev/sdd…
  • wepee -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from thedarkness: “ Quote from wepee: “I am trying to learn as much about the little known SNAPRAID technology from its FAQ: snapraid.it/faq#whatisit But I could not find an answer......to my questions below 1) What happen, if you accidentally…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Wrote a comment on TheGuyWhoLoveIT’s wall.

Wall Comment
    This is a maybe person.
  • TheSidewinder -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

If you are running Plex in Docker, in the "Extra Arguments" section, add the value: -e VERSION=latest as below. Save and restart Plex. That should update it automatically to the latest version available (for the Docker Image named "linuxserver/plex"…