Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by TechnoDadLife on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
  • NoBoots -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Nanopi crashes on file transfers.

I've been using the NanoPi m4 v2. I used forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/ as a guide and downloaded "Armbian_19.11.5_Nanopim4v2_buster_current_5.4.7.img" to start. I've found some posts that could explain some strange behavior…
  • gett -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gett: “Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” have to check did -v 2 works for 2.0 ” Passing -v 2 gets you a version 3 file :(
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Quote from gett: “Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” have to check did -v 2 works for 2.0 ” Passing -v 2 gets you a version 3 file :(
  • gett -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    I use autocompose occasionally. Below is the output when it was run against my running plex-linuxserver container. But I don't think Portainer will accept the default v3 output. Not sure if Portainer will accept v1 output which autocompose can be…
  • gett -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Like (Post)
    github.com/Red5d/docker-autocompose Never tried it. Would be nice if you would share your experiences.
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Quote from macom: “Would be nice if you would share your experiences ” Sure. BTW, nice tool, thanks to pointing to it. First, it's working. Second, I think that it will be useful to share the process of installation for n00bs like me. 1. Install git
  • ohmaxx -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Is it possible to change Plugin install path.

Hello thanks for your answer so for docker i know i can change the config path and i did it but for example i have installed plex and plex install a lot of thing in /var/lib so its in my os drive i would like to change that but i don't know how. I use…
  • Agricola -

Will a v.3 yml file run correctly from the command line?
  • geaves -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

Like (Post)
    Raid 1 is just foolish except in a very limited set of circumstances(USB not withstanding). Format the drives independently, Set up an automatic rsync job that runs 1, 2, 10, 20x a day.. however often you want. I've been doing this for years w/o…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raid 6 Not showing up after a Drive Swap.

Quote from Kyle_Beke: “Thanks so much. I think its working, at least it shows up now and rebuilding but can't see my shared folders yet. ” You won't until it's rebuilt and active :) Quote from Kyle_Beke: “I have a few questions first what happens if a…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ohmaxx: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from ohmaxx: “Hello all, Im a newbie in openmediavault, i know a little bit linux. I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i…
  • ohmaxx -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

Raid 1 is just foolish except in a very limited set of circumstances(USB not withstanding). Format the drives independently, Set up an automatic rsync job that runs 1, 2, 10, 20x a day.. however often you want. I've been doing this for years w/o…
  • Kyle_Beke -

Replied to the thread Raid 6 Not showing up after a Drive Swap.

Quote from geaves: “Re-assemble it, but to add to what you have discovered OMV (mdadm) is not hot swap you have to tell it or use the gui to make changes, mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcdfg] hopefully…
  • hemertje -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

Want to use the PineNas with PineCase as Internal file and mediaserver for my personal files and photos. Until now I use a Sinology 713+ for this, but runs 24/7 at 40-55 Watts ;( One drive can crash which leads to loss of files and photos, therefore a…
  • Kyle_Beke -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Raid 6 Not showing up after a Drive Swap.

Like (Post)
    Re-assemble it, but to add to what you have discovered OMV (mdadm) is not hot swap you have to tell it or use the gui to make changes, mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abcdfg] hopefully I've got all the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from ohmaxx: “I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change that because my usb is full ” The plugins aren't…
  • ohmaxx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Is it possible to change Plugin install path.

Thread
    Hello all, Im a newbie in openmediavault, i know a little bit linux. I have install and Run my OMV on a USB DISK, the problem is inside my tittle my usb disk is obly 16Gb and the plugin are install on it by default i think and i would like to change…