Recent Activities

• dodi71 -

Posted the thread connect Nvidia 2080ti egpu to omv.

Thread
    Hello community, I have purchased Nvidia 2080 ti connected to an External GPU box that has a thunderbolt and lan ports. I would like to connect the egpu to my Nvidia and use it with ember Transcoding. I have searched the forum for a solution with no…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Error applying configuration.

Could you please run # file /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/populate.d/20hostname.sh
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x System Log - Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.

A cron job (with the funny PID 1234) is the cause. But I can not say which job is the root.
  • koby -

Replied to the thread Error issues on omv docker Mariadb and Nextcloud.

Finally it works, after a lot of trials. My conclusion:The last slot of localhost can't be filled by IP address, the only correct should be "nextclouddb". Don't understand this, in my thought IP address should rightly be filled as localhost.
  • Agricola -

I am sorry. Maybe you aren’t using the right user or need to just type admin in the first slot. But if you get a setup screen you can’t be far off.
  • henkall -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV Qemu-KVM.

Hi there. I would like to add that if your using cockpit to controll your vm's on omv 5 you could via a docker containing virt manager get almost the same experience as with VirtualBox. I would actually say that it is a little more advanced than…
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

• curious1 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Like (Post)
    Quote from curious1: “(or exhausted all possibilities, short of sending the drives to a data recovery service ) ” BTW: Since I didn't want to interrupt this tread, I PM'ed you with a set of measures to prevent something like this from happening…
  • koby -

Quote from Morlan: “Sorry I don't have an answer to this problem. ” I try to use a directory in the system disk as data volumes again, this time can't go through the the first page ,the same freeze after click "finish setup" and "504 Gateway…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Error adding Unionfs.

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Quote from curious1: “(or exhausted all possibilities, short of sending the drives to a data recovery service ) ” BTW: Since I didn't want to interrupt this tread, I PM'ed you with a set of measures to prevent something like this from happening…
  • curious1 -

Liked henfri’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Like (Post)
    Can can you please post the output of the first log file, the exact command you used when you successfully used ddrescue and also the output of the other logs I requested? The Error you get is not caused by the logfile. --force should be used, but only…
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    Hello, I hope your recovery is going well. Feel free to do another copy. Source Code (1 line) And to see the log file it would be Source Code (5 lines) The logfiles are on the root filesystem, that is the file-system you are booting from. You forgot…
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    Type Source Code (1 line) The copy will Most likely be No better than the original and we so Not want to damage it by a Beta Windows Driver. No. Lets keep this as our Life insurance. The mountpoint is not sda but /srv/dev-by-label-data3…
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    Hello, sorry, but I did not see your edit, as I did not get any notification for thouse. Regarding the module removal: askubuntu.com/questions/521222…el-module-which-is-in-use (I found that quite easily:
  • curious1 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Like (Post)
    Storage | Filesystems press Create button, select device......................
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    Hello, I was now able to have a more indepth look at your log. Please provide the output of Source Code (1 line) and the same for the other drive that also showed errors. Then Source Code (1 line)(sorry, I should have written this in the first place.…
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    No... Please show the output of Source Code (1 line)Anyway anyway that clearly seems like the disk has a Hardware Problem. We should not further Stress it. I would now take this Disk out of the system. And work with the copy.
  • curious1 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Like (Post)
    Quote from curious1: “Quote from henfri: “dmesg > /dmesg.txt ” Nothing ” You won't see any screen output for this. It was redirected to the file /dmesg.txt
  • curious1 -

Like (Post)
    Dmesg should Take No longer than 10s.independent of the Drive size. Try dmesg |head or dmesg or dmesg > /dmesg.txt