Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Rockpro64 hard drives are not seen by omv until reboot.

Quote from vecnar: “rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: PCIe link training gen1 imeout! ” This means that the PCIe connection between RK3399 and your PCIe card is already failing. ayufan reported recently he found an underpowering issue for PCIe which will be…
  • vecnar -

Quote from Nefertiti: “Quote from vecnar: “Do you know if anyone is using rockpro64 wih 2 x 3.5 inch drives and psu 12v 5A successfully and if yes what sata controller card? ” I am using this card Marvell 9235
  • tkaiser -

Liked getName()’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved FTP down regularly, I wish a script who monitor his health and restart if needed.

Like (Post)
    Right, icinga is overkill in this case, I agree. But those cron jobs that autorestart services are stuff from my nightmares as they just dont fit into the concepts that exist and make multi admin systems a pain.
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved FTP down regularly, I wish a script who monitor his health and restart if needed.

Right, icinga is overkill in this case, I agree. But those cron jobs that autorestart services are stuff from my nightmares as they just dont fit into the concepts that exist and make multi admin systems a pain.
  • wgmcg -

Replied to the thread OMV virtualbox hell.

Where is the plugin log stored? I can't even re-install virtualbox and all I see in the useless little window is: welll I can't even cut and paste from the useless little window, but it's just something about Bad Gateway followed…
  • wgmcg -

Posted the thread OMV virtualbox hell.

Thread
    My OMV virtualbox install has gone to sh*t. It kept complaining that it couldn't log in to vboxweb something or other, so I uninstalled the plugin hoping to reinstall, but now I get: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/virtualbox'. It's…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Backing up Windows to OMV.

I agree with all above. I've looked at more than a couple packages. UrBackUp is the best I've found and that includes commercial products. I've done bare metal restorations with it, and they're both easy and fast. If you're thinking about giving it a…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved FTP down regularly, I wish a script who monitor his health and restart if needed.

Quote from getName(): “If you need to monitor services, do it with existing frameworks (e. g. Icinga) ” IMO a bit overkill especially when it's about only one single host where you want to monitor services. Also overkill but pretty straightforward:…
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread he is mdadm in omv ?.

I did not quite understand the question. If you asked if omv supports mdadm raids the answer is yes.
  • getName() -

Actually this is a very ugly solution. If you need to monitor services, do it with existing frameworks (e. g. Icinga) but more importantly: fix the crashes instead!
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot apply configuration changes.

I have now lazy-unmounted the drive (umount -l) and then applied the changes. Greetings, Hendrik
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Asrock J4105 + SSD + 2*8TB HDD.

Quote from DiN0: “ an after 5 Minutes: it's working...but only if i set it by this command, not by using OMV settings ... my OMV-Setting (checked file) Shell-Script (11 lines)the guide says: Shell-Script (5 lines)” I am having the same…
  • macom -

I also use UrBachup. Runs with little impact to client performance. Urbackup.org
  • phrogpilot73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x The Piwigo Challenge.

So I ran the command: id -nu 99, and it returns "no such user" Who is user UID 99 in your instances where piwigo is working? I think that might be my problem...
  • rodrigue7973 -

Posted the thread he is mdadm in omv ?.

Thread
    HiI'm back a bit that I see a bit of a forumsay, omv is a mdadm? Yes or no ?thank youroro
  • geaves -

UrBackUP that's what I use, install the urbackup-server plugin and install the client on W10, you'll also need to create a restore CD for the W10 machine. Use it on all my Windows machines and have tested a restore to a Netbook.
  • phrogpilot73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x The Piwigo Challenge.

I have one MariaDB for Nextcloud, so I created a new one for piwigo. Changed the port from 3306 to 3307. I get stuck at this step Source Code (2 lines)Then, nothing. Just sits there. Any ideas?
  • ras07 -

Posted the thread Backing up Windows to OMV.

Thread
    What's the consensus best practice for backing up a Windows box to OMV? I've used Crashplan in the past, but for a lot of reasons I'd like to find a lower-friction alternative.
  • Jxck -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when trying to login to webgui.

/etc/hostname was an ipv6 ip thats it I changed it to just a different name IMG-3170-1.jpgetc/hosts Im accessing the web GUI with IP not hostname and its not working
  • Nefertiti -

Quote from vecnar: “Do you know if anyone is using rockpro64 wih 2 x 3.5 inch drives and psu 12v 5A successfully and if yes what sata controller card? ” I am using this card Marvell 9235