Recent Activities

• BugBug -

Replied to the thread PXE networking setup errors in Dnsmasq.

• ttan98 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Best way to Retain Existing Data.

Thread
    Just Install Openmediavault on a PC with SSD boot drive plus another 2TB there. I have a Drive A from another NAS, the data from this Drive A there I like to retain. I like to port this Drive A to my new PC(ie NAS). What do I have to do and not to do in…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to erase filesystem from WebGUI after removing of HDD.

Quote from bvrulez: “Probably because I still refernce the path in shares. ” That's it.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

A two SATA SBC NAS with a slot for nvme ssd would be great. But for me to buy one it would also need more RAM than 4GB and really good software support. Otherwise I might just as well keep using my HC2s like now. 16-32 GB RAM, or even more, would be…
  • Adoby -

Quote from tkaiser: “IOnce there's data corruption on either OMV host you need to copy data over from the other instance. ” I don't like the manual task of copying over data. The combined automated bitrot detection AND silent/automatic correction is…
  • bvrulez -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Permanently mount a remote windows share in OMV?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bvrulez: “Where is such a mount mounted if it is configured via WebGUI? ” The actual cifs mount is in /srv. Any sharedfolder you create on the remote mount will be in /sharedfolders just like any other sharedfolder.
  • Hopsakee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Erase encryption from HDD, keypass available.

Of course. Thanks for taking the effort to explain the obvious to me. (might sound cynical, but I'm serious). For some reason I really thought erasing and formatting would be locked by the encryption procedure.
  • Hopsakee -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Erase encryption from HDD, keypass available.

Like (Post)
    As you have no data, just wipe the drive and create a new filesystem.
  • Hopsakee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved S.M.A.R.T. Read Device Identity failed.

Horay. It worked. I still needed some things to figure out, but I managed thanks to your advice. If anyone want to know what I had to do. 1. read the above post, so you understand what the problem is 2. don't try this on anything else than a Seagate…
  • m4tt0 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Installation of Emby on new and pretty clean OMV system fails.

Like (Post)
    The problem with Dockers running from a UnionFS drive is that both use versions of overlayFS which may result in very long and complex file paths. For the same reasons, I won't store UrBackup client backups on a UnionFS drive or even on a ZFS array…
  • m4tt0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation of Emby on new and pretty clean OMV system fails.

Thanks, guys. I understand. I did not have Snapraid on my radar at all, until someone at kodinerds mentioned it favorably. I got the idea immediately, which is why I tried it. I may revisit it, but probably just in years from now: I have 8 hot-swap bays…
  • KVL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Devices numbers are changed at new disk installation..

Thread
    Good evening, I have an odd issue with a new installed OMV. Latest release - 4.1.22. I use a CD as installation media, and install OMV on a USB. Working fine, and the machine is booting perfectly up, and / is mounted on /dev/sda1. Afterwards a SATA disk…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from tkaiser: “what do you think of forum.khadas.com/t/vims-propos…-nas-server-variant/4287/ ” I would buy one or more. Love the idea of getting rid of non-NAS features.
  • kbnguy -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Resolved Adding Intel Pro1000 NIC to OMV.

Like (Post)
    Your driver is supported under the e1000 module. Try delete this file rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules Reboot, in the text console bring it up with ifconfig eth0 up Then assign ip address ifconfig eth0 IP_ADDRESS Access the webui from…
  • AndrewZ -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved rsync multiple shares at once.

Like (Post)
    Quote from AndrewZ: “ut is there a solution to backup all of them at once? ” If they are all on the same storage, you could create a shared folder at the root of the storage. You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create…
  • AndrewZ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved rsync multiple shares at once.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “You could create a mergerfs pool of all storage devices and then create the root folder sharedfolder ” As soon as I already have UnionFS in place that will be the best option for me. Just created a new share as suggested and…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Adoby: “you could use a single big HDD and use half as redundant duplicate storage for btrfs. ... use another HC2 in the same way for backups in several versions ” IMO this doesn't make that much sense. While you theoretically can make a…
  • Chrisjay -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rock64pro fan control.

Hello waqas Maybe I am asking stupid question, and I am sorry I am fairly new. 1: did you remember to reboot after the kernel update? 2: when you install the ats, are you log in as root in ssh ? (I also failed installing that part many times but it…
  • Adoby -

If you want full bitrot protection on one HC2, with automatic bitrot correction, you could use a single big HDD and use half as redundant duplicate storage for btrfs. Btrfs can then use this duplicate data to automatically and transparently fix any…
  • bvrulez -

Replied to the thread Permanently mount a remote windows share in OMV?.

Yes thanks. I had found /srv but it was not accessible. So I will create a shared folder.