Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Plex issues with UnionFS.

Like (Post)
    Quote from schulcz: “I'm trying to use UnionFS, but I still have issues in PMS by UnionFS shares. ” You need to use /srv/<fuse mount point> in Volumes and Bind mounts and not /sharedfolders
  • schulcz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex issues with UnionFS.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from schulcz: “I'm trying to use UnionFS, but I still have issues in PMS by UnionFS shares. ” You need to use /srv/<fuse mount point> in Volumes and Bind mounts and not /sharedfolders ” Big thanks for You, now it works…
  • Troox -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN - can't log in.

Thanks for the Link! Its working, but slow like hell -.- Server with OMV 4.1.22 is a Intel G4400 @3.30GHz - Internet Speed 1000/50, connected with OpenVPN (Android) Speedtest.net throws 3,94 mbps down and 13,5 Mbps upload at me *cry* G4400 CPU Usage ~5%
  • Unfortunately OMV allows to share the same data with both SMB and AFP at the same time which is not a great idea: redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/5904 This is not an issue if your server is OS X 10.8 or later since Apple does all the 'translation' stuff in…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Controlling OMV though the command line.

Quote from da_guy2: “I'm setting up my snapraid sync script and would like to disable some services (SAMBA, SFTP, etc) while the sync is happening to ensure that no data gets modified mid sync ” You can rely on Debian basics here. Stop the respective…
  • RomainD2 -

Replied to the thread Reverse Proxy - Nginx, Traefik, LetsEncrypt, DuckDNS, ... I am lost!.

Quote from Morlan: “Yes, because it updates your ip for the dyndns if it should change due to a reconnect.In your config files try changing the server_name to hassio.*; instead of hassio.mysubdomain.*;. Also is your homeassistant docker in the same…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread SBC NAS: NanoPi M4? RockPro64? Other?.

Just some opinions/thoughts My personal take on the SBC NAS topic is: - 1 SBC combined with 1 HDD. With this setup I even consider using USB storage with USB-to-SATA bridges known to work well - When it's about to attach 2-4 HDD to a host and comparing…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/2TTVzZVMeCE We will use docker to install NzBGet and then show how to properly configure it. My Usenetserver : Usenetserver
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread When do SMB permission changes take effect?.

Quote from jay: “It seems if I disable / enable the specific share again after making a change to permissions, then when the share comes back online is when the permissions will change. If I don't do the above, where is the delay coming…
  • jay -

Replied to the thread When do SMB permission changes take effect?.

It seems if I disable / enable the specific share again after making a change to permissions, then when the share comes back online is when the permissions will change. If I don't do the above, where is the delay coming from?
  • jay -

Posted the thread When do SMB permission changes take effect?.

Thread
    I have a share whose SMB access is based off of group membership. Membership to the group grants R/W access. I've removed a user from the group, but the user can still create files/folders within the share. The (test) user has window open to the share…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x i want to log in with credentials. How can i do that?.

I missed this post. Did you ever get this straightened out?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex issues with UnionFS.

Quote from schulcz: “I'm trying to use UnionFS, but I still have issues in PMS by UnionFS shares. ” You need to use /srv/<fuse mount point> in Volumes and Bind mounts and not /sharedfolders
  • muddy9069 -

Replied to the thread Raid Management and File systems missing from GUI.

I fixed it on my own. For anyone interested.. I reset the web control panel cache in omv-firstaid Thanks Scott
  • muddy9069 -

Posted the thread Raid Management and File systems missing from GUI.

Thread
    Hello All, I have searched and cant seem to find anything.. I had OMV 4 (latest version) up and running with 2 external sas bays connected with 2 raid 6 arrays built. I moved the larger array to a supermicro 24bay server and connected the external sas…
  • mopedfahrer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Performance decrease after patches....

Thank you for that fast responses... My efforts so far: - first, I have learned a new command: armbianmonitor, very useful - second, I have checked the Temperature problem. What can I say: the Fan is broken; even if it is quit loud, it was not loud…
  • Rider -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Network Credentials.

Like (Post)
    A lot of information is missing - like how your shares are set up, the OS used at the client you're connecting from (I'm going to assume it's Windows), etc. (In any case) Assuming you already have network shares set up, have you created a user in…
  • EifelT -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Shares not showing up in Windows 10.

Hi, i had the same Problem with Windows 10 and some Applications like XNView. No Network Drives showed up. I add this to the registry and it work now. Source Code (4 lines)If the Key doesn´t exists import above as .reg file.
  • da_guy2 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Controlling OMV though the command line.

Thread
    I'm sure this is probably documented somewhere but my google-fu skills are failing me. I'm setting up my snapraid sync script and would like to disable some services (SAMBA, SFTP, etc) while the sync is happening to ensure that no data gets modified mid…