Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Posted the thread When you think of your server...?.

Thread
    When you think of your server, what do you think of? Security Fun Learning Helping Time saving ????????
  • Konsti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Windows 10 Build 1809 und OMV Shares sind in der Netzwerkumgebung verfügbar..

Hi everyone (and happy new year) sorry to come back to this issue, please your input is very appreciated. I am not proficient in Linux but a power MacOS user and know my way around CLI a little but not expert in Linux commands. I read the thread (that's…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Harddisk full!?.

You might be out of inodes. What is the output of: df -i
  • matkoh -

Here some additional information: I tested the harddisk with f3probe and it finds no problems: Source Code (20 lines) And here the output from fdisk: Source Code (25 lines)Matthias
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

if I get time tomorrow, I might spin up another instance of pihole on another ip and see if I have the same issue from OMV.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Quote from HannesJo: “Quote from raulfg3: “I use ZFS and for new disk is normal that do not show errors unless some hardware have problems ( I hava SATA cable errors and SATA enclosure errors), so you can expect years of none errors in normal…
  • dojrude -

All docker containers (including pihole) are already configured using Mac_vlan networking with dedicated ip addresses for each container. Is this what you mean? pihole is not using bridged networking and neither is OMV.
  • 5xeVo -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    Quote from HannesJo: “Rot bits actually occur astronomically rarely ” OK, first realize that "astronomically" large numbers apply to modern day hard drives. Where talking about "terra-bytes" these days where 1 terra-byte is a Trillon bytes or 8…
  • markus-fried@gmx.de -

Replied to the thread Please help with this partition layout and error.

thanks for your answer... since the drive has been in operation for quite a few years and if I remember correctly was used for a test install before, the partitions might me remnants of this. ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV inside of a container.

Quote from kze: “Is it doable? ” Nope. OMV doesn't work in a container. I fail to understand why you Ubuntu as the OS (and I am a big Ubuntu fan) if you intend to use it for a NAS? Quote from kze: “i understand how lightweight virtualization…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ISO to IMG.

Quote from burnin: “For some reason there are no special RasPi images right now. ” And there won't be. Raspbian Buster Lite is very good and the install script makes it easy to get OMV installed correctly and up to date.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Quote from motox22a: “Portainer needs a password or something..guess you have to signup? ” No. It wants you to create an initial username and password. This isn't signing up anywhere on the internet.
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Quote from raulfg3: “I use ZFS and for new disk is normal that do not show errors unless some hardware have problems ( I hava SATA cable errors and SATA enclosure errors), so you can expect years of none errors in normal conditions a month resilver is…
  • raulfg3 -

you need to move pihole to a new network that are the same that dockers use , eg: --network my-net on some examples. PD: Do not use default network: docs.docker.com/network/bridge/ or try trick: forum.openmediavault.org/index…1af563be31c026bf020b2c825
  • matkoh -

This is very strange... I deleted 2 directories, which are copied at last and had a normal behavior and much free space: Source Code (18 lines) I restart the syncthing-container, which I paused before because the empty space and it runs several minutes…
  • jfromeo -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

• jfromeo -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Like (Post)
    Yes,that is the way to go OMV4 > OMV5 currently.
  • jfromeo -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Like (Post)
    I sincerely doubt that.
  • jfromeo -

Like (Post)
    No, containers remain.
  • ja-ki -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Wake On Lan doesn't work after autoshutdown suspend.

thanks! I did exactly that and now it's working.