Recent Activities

• rcruz -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help Please! Error after installing OMV to flashdrive "no arrays found in config file".

Thank you KM0201. I detached my data HDD's and then booted OMV. I did this, and it booted to where I could log in to OMV through the root directory. I logged in as root, and then typed the command update-grub. Update-grub command successfully…
  • rcruz -

Replied to the thread OMV using a USB drive.

I was directed to another thread, where it was suggested that I detach my data HDD's and then boot OMV. I did this, and it booted to where I could log in to OMV through the root directory. I logged in, and then (as suggested) typed the command…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

I made several attempts with installed PiHole, but it failed. Some crap permissions issue that I can't figure it out.
  • ckorodenis -

Replied to the thread Virtualbox plugin : virtualised OS graphic interface.

Hi, I've been trying to solve the same problem for a long time, I've read many forums and posts. But nowhere I found a solution, do you know anyone about any other way to achieve GUI displaying on HDMI server output? The best option seems to be VMware…
  • ontorugs -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved change system drive from SSD to USB?.

• RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

I may have gotten it now. It is loading my TV shows right now so I don't know if it will work on my Apple TV yet. Just in case anything is wrong I want to clear up some confusion: You have - /path/to/tvseries:/tv …
  • crashtest -

Quote from tinh_x7: “I'm try to set up PiHole to use as a pxe/dhcp server. I don't need it to block ads. Is the MacVlan require for this ? ” No. The MacVlan is to give pi-hole exclusive access to ports 80 and 443, on another IP address, to be able…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved change system drive from SSD to USB?.

Quote from ontorugs: “Another question though. Should I install the flash memory plug in? I usually see this mentioned in relation to USB installations, but since SSD is flash memory, does it apply as well? ” Yes, install the flash memory plugin.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [Solved]SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly?).

yeah the first time you experience a failure can be pretty nerve wrecking. Being prepared and knowing what to do would be ideal, even though I didn't. I had a couple drives fail sooner than I had anticipated. I say 'fail' but they were only in a…
  • ontorugs -

Thanks for the advise. This only applies to a full reinstall and not an upgrade to a newer version in the future for example, right? I guess I'll keep my SSD in there. Not sure what I'm gonna use it for though. I bet I'll find something. Another…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with Static IP.

It seems Chrome sometimes cache a bit too aggressively. I very much prefer FireFox.
  • KM0201 -

Quote from macom: “I think there is nothing wrong with running OMV from a SSD. I have created another partition on my SSD so that I can use the space also for data. ” Agreed. If the OP is happy with the SSD as his OS drive, just fire up a Live…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved [SOLVED] Airsonic 502 Bad Gateway error.

Quote from Morlan: “I just saw that airsonic's web gui runs on port 4040. ” Don't work. Never mind, I deleted airsonic. Thank you for your help and time. I will look for another audio streamer. Or maybe start all thing from scratch. :)
  • gett -

Liked Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved [SOLVED] Airsonic 502 Bad Gateway error.

Like (Post)
    I just saw that airsonic's web gui runs on port 4040. Try this port in the conf. proxy_pass http://$upstream_airsonic:4040;
  • macom -

I think there is nothing wrong with running OMV from a SSD. I have created another partition on my SSD so that I can use the space also for data.
  • ontorugs -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved change system drive from SSD to USB?.

Thread
    Hi all, My system disk currently is a 250GB M.2 SSD, I thought it would be a good idea to have the OS on a fast SSD and 250GB was the smallest I could find. But I read online that it's actually not the best idea and see people recommending running OMV…
  • tinh_x7 -

Hi, I'm try to set up PiHole to use as a pxe/dhcp server. I don't need it to block ads. Is the MacVlan require for this ?
  • kirkdis -

Liked lusteri’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) New NAS (NanoPi M4v2) with lvmcache some question.

Like (Post)
    Some progress here. I was running watch lvs monitoring cache activity, i didn't remark that lvs every time it runs makes a disk access. Now the disks go to standby mode. I'm now able to browse the file system without spinning up the hdd. At the moment i…
  • Scorp21 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with Static IP.

Thanks for all your rewarding reply... I'm testing this evening to cleared the browser cache...and it's OK I don't understand the link...but it's OK
  • Knuddeman -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Cannot connect to shared folder (SMB/CIFS).

Hi. I had the same problem until i found out that i missed to ad the shared folder in the SMB/CIFS meny. Hope it works out 4u forum.openmediavault.org/index…9a64380d67eb2a8004d450b81