Recent Activities

• Erikk -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) omv-confdbadm: command not found.

Quote from GuyFromMars: “@Erikk This is what I got: Shell-Script (3 lines)” Well, seems it still wants to know the path to omv-stuff... Ok, try to add '/usr/sbin' into your PATH environment variable Shell-Script (1 line)Then run 'omv-confdbadm…
  • HannesJo -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Folder permissions, ACL, again.

Like (Post)
    None of your examples seem to need any use of ACLs, just the old traditional mechanisms for access rights. Just assign the right ownerships, group memberships and access rights, and you are done. But then I don't use Windows or CIFS, so I could be…
  • HannesJo -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Folder permissions, ACL, again.

Like (Post)
    I use the OMV GUI to add or modify users and groups and group memberships. I use the command line or Midnight Commander to set owner and access rights on files and folders, other than the OMV defaults. If I really need to. I very rarely need to. I have…
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Folder permissions, ACL, again.

Quote from macom: “Shared folders have owner "root" and group "users" when created in the GUI of OMV. Users are members of the group "users" when created in the GUI of OMV. So for SMB and other services it is enough to use privileges, to give the…
  • IhorPr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update No gui (error 500) after update.

dpkg -l | grep openm ii openmediavault 4.1.23-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 …
  • Adoby -

I use the OMV GUI to add or modify users and groups and group memberships. I use the command line or Midnight Commander to set owner and access rights on files and folders, other than the OMV defaults. If I really need to. I very rarely need to. I have…
  • macom -

Shared folders have owner "root" and group "users" when created in the GUI of OMV. Users are members of the group "users" when created in the GUI of OMV. So for SMB and other services it is enough to use privileges, to give the users read/write or only…
  • macom -

I assume you have seen this thread: No gui (error 500) after upgrade From the mentioned steps in that thread: which have you done and what was the result?
  • HannesJo -

Quote from Adoby: “None of your examples seem to need any use of ACLs, just the old traditional mechanisms for access rights. Just assign the right ownerships, group memberships and access rights, and you are done. But then I don't use Windows or…
  • IhorPr -

I did it, also I used safari and chrome, but it's did not help me
  • Blebbens -

Replied to the thread OMV not starting.

• Adoby -

None of your examples seem to need any use of ACLs, just the old traditional mechanisms for access rights. Just assign the right ownerships, group memberships and access rights, and you are done. But then I don't use Windows or CIFS, so I could be…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x motioneye not working.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x urBackup wrong backup storage path (to the SD card).

• GuyFromMars -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) omv-confdbadm: command not found.

@Erikk This is what I got: Shell-Script (14 lines)
  • Slavek -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x urBackup wrong backup storage path (to the SD card).

Hi macom. It's not this case. Session closed after typing login + Enter. My root account was working via ssh. Tried also other account, no success.
  • MarcS -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x motioneye not working.

Thread
    Hello all - can anyone help me troubleshoot motioneye on docker please: I have installed motioneye as per Technodad's installation. All seems fine but I cannot reach the login screen via port 8765. I have installed other docker images in the same…
  • KM0201 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV Problem with startup..

Like (Post)
    Boot your server in the same configuration as you installed it. I.E if the data drives were not connected during installation, boot without data drive. That should work. Then execute update-grub Shutdown, connect data drives, boot.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV Problem with startup..

Quote from IamBartjuuh: “Quote from KM0201: “Man.. it's been forever since I've seen an IDE port...lol. Nostalgic. Did you actually manage to get installed, and this is happening on the install, or are you getting that while booting the install…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to tell if disk is (truly) empty (and/or repair it)?.

For TestDisk and PhotoRec there is no need to boot a live distro. Just copy the files to the OS drive and run from there. cgsecurity.org/wiki/Main_Page