Recent Activities

• Mike52a -

Replied to the thread OMV auf einem Raspberry Pi 4.

Hurra, es hat geklappt. Hatte gestern alles soweit fertig bekommen, das ich von meinem Windows Rechner auf die Festplatte rauf komme. Jetzt habe ich noch mal eine Frage wenn ich einen neuen Benutzer anlegen will. Ich habe 4 Hauptordner und etliche…
  • magarity -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Never shows up in Windows network explorer until name is entered, then fine.

OK, I finally got the OMV server to show up instantly on all the Windows clients by ignoring the advice (and default setting) of not allowing the OMV to participate in browser master elections. Enabling this resulted in the server showing up instantly…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Make a subdomain for Accessing OpenMediaVault Web GUI.

Access the web ui of traefik 8080 see if any errors show for routers and services. Or at least if they are registered.
  • WackJall -

Posted the thread Help.

Thread
    Hey guys, I am pretty new to the Linux echo system and was wondering if I could have some help. I did everything in the guide to instal OMV 5 on the R-pi 4 but I can not seem to log into it through my browser. On the monitor connected to the pi, it gives…
  • Meguinness -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transmission and RSS feed.

• b0n3z -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Lost webui after update.

finally got Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from b0n3z: “Anybody having this problem? Got a fix for it? ” Nope. This is something specific to your system. You are going to have to plug a keyboard and monitor in to see what it is doing. Maybe the…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) rrdcached error messages after reboot.

Maybe collectd is started before rrdcached at startup. A Systemd unit file can be customized, maybe that is the way to go. Need to check that.
  • becksworth -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Quote from becksworth: “Hey all, I followed TechnoDadsLife video to a T on youtube. The problem I am having is that when I start up the container. I am getting a continual loop of "starting plex media server" in the log. I have attached a picture…
  • EasyRhino -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Installing LSI MegaRaid Storage Manager on OMV 5.33.4 (Debian 10).

I was about to feel pretty dumb, because I'm a noob and there's nothing on site the hw-raid site that really indicates what megamgr is for. when I download the .deb and look at it.. it looks like it's for older SCSSI and SATA cards from 2004.
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved BTRFS no space left - kernel 5.4 bug.

You must install OMV Extras Plugin. There you find a Kernel TAB. Just click "Install Proxmox Kernel", select a Kernel, set as default, reboot.
  • daveb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Why I'm going to use btrfs.

Synology doesn't use BTRFS RAID but layers MDRAID (and some of their own code, I believe) underneath BTRFS, so they don't worry about the earlier BTRFS RAID issues. See: synology.com/en-global/knowled…ile_System_on_SynologyNAS In my opinion, I would…
  • becksworth -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Hey all, I followed TechnoDadsLife video to a T on youtube. The problem I am having is that when I start up the container. I am getting a continual loop of "starting plex media server" in the log. I have attached a picture below. The web ui is not…
  • mirada -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x guter Rat ....

So, die "5" scheint nun fertig zu sein. Habe aber noch ein paar Fragen: Das einzige was nicht über Plugin geht (was ich allerdings brauche) ist nach wie vor cups. Ich muss cups doch eigentlich nicht über ein Docker-Image laufen lassen - da blicke ich…
  • patman2097 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved BTRFS no space left - kernel 5.4 bug.

Quote from HannesJo: “@patman2097 are you on Kernel 5.4? If yes, just reboot on kernel 5.3 or 4.x. That worked for me. I cant help about your firstaid check error. Have never used that. ” how do i just reboot on kernel 5.3 or 4.x.? sorry not sure of…
  • draddy -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) remote mount a windows share problems if host is down.

my case is just a pull from the windows share - and write to one of the internal omv disks. current setup: Remotemount to windows share lets call "PCDATA" Shared Folder "PCDATA" will use that Remotemount Shared Folder "BackupPC" on 2nd OMV Disk Rsync…
  • T-Dawg -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x Upgrading to OMV 5.0 issues with Salt monit config (I think...).

I finally cracked it! I was running the salt-call straight from the script and completely missed the >dev/null Removing the pipe, I then got: Source Code (26 lines) One step closer... so let's run get_root_filesystem: Source Code (3…
  • nick2k3 -

Replied to the thread Make a subdomain for Accessing OpenMediaVault Web GUI.

Hi Thanks, I have done almost everything you said and have my compose file like this: Source Code (19 lines)Source Code (26 lines) but I still cannot manage to connect to netdata.mars.fritz.box I am quite struggling at this point..
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) remote mount a windows share problems if host is down.

It will fail. Not write to the mountpoint. No danger of "shadow filled" mountpoints. I don't create the mountpoints, only the base for the mountpoints. Autofs creates the mount points and mount them if they remote server is available. Almost…
  • toppi -

Liked hoenjet’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) IPv6 - Not running.

Like (Post)
    I tried to turn it on. It is not even receiving a ipv6 address. Anyone else has been able to work with IPv6 support in OMV 5? If I do grep "disable_ipv6" /etc/sysctl.conf /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf, it…
  • draddy -

have you try what happens if you setup a rsync using one of your shares and the host is offline? can you access the omv web gui shared folder section and thinks like that? get me right, without that issue (like it was on omv3) I wouldn't care about it …