Recent Activities

• mr.G -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Initializing OMV at boot Debian.

Quote from Rd65: “# ls -la /usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d ls: cannot access '/usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d': No such file or directory whatever you mean... this path is wrong. ” I took this path from the documentation. And you are right, there is no…
  • mr.G -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Initializing OMV at boot Debian.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mr.G: “How does boot occur at system startup. It interests me to understand the order of launching systemd services and scripts from /usr/share/mkconf/iptables.d. ” There is a service that start openmediavault-engined. The mkconf scripts…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

First thing I would look at are the power cables - do the disks spin up and get warm? Unionfs (mergerfs) just presents a pool of disks. It doesn't alter the data on them - each disk stands alone so you can look at them individually.
  • curious1 -

[I don't know why, but every time I submit a Reply, I get an Error Occurred. But the Reply goes through anyway.] Quote from gderf: “Boot into the BIOS and see if the all the disks show there. If not, find out why. ” You're right @gderf. In BIOS,…
  • Am I able to just backup the data in the appdata folders rather than entering maintenance mode through entering the container? I'm looking to automate this with a cron job say once a week or so.
  • curious1 -

You guys are funny! Because I DEFINITELY feel like I'm stuck in that roundabout. Or like the one Chevy Chase was stuck in in National Lampoon's European Vacation. At any rate ... Quote from crashtest: “Once you get into the GUI, shutdown and reinsert…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help: Just did apt purge php7.0*.

I would try this from the console or shell: apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
  • crashtest -

Even with the two disks showing, something "appears" to be going on with them. I'm not sure which attributes trigger the red light, but it's not good. You'd need to go into SMART, the DEVICES tab, click on a disk, then the INFORMATION button, and look…
  • crashtest -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Like (Post)
    Boot into the BIOS and see if the all the disks show there. If not, find out why.
  • floppy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Help: Just did apt purge php7.0*.

Thread
    Pastebin TextHello, for Nextcloud I had to install php 7.2. Everything worked fine. Then I purged php 7.0 with following command: Source Code (1 line) OMV is no more available, it's gone. nginx: 403 Forbidden How can I restore my OMV installation? ?(
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Even with RAID you still need full backups if you don't want to loose data. I would suggest that backups are much more important than RAID. RAID ensures that program errors or user errors wipes data on all drives. Instantaneously. Redundancy gives no…
  • kimbaz -

Replied to the thread Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed.

I just got installed github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/tag/0.9.14 armhf and it looks like I can get up to 80MB/s Hopefully it will stay this way once I'll enable SMB
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Ironwolf click sound in HC2.

There is one above. The "standard" fw. But the one you used should work. It is the one I used. I assume that you really power cycled afterwards (pulled the power plug) and you haven't touched the physical properties of the disk in OMV? I'm out of…
  • gderf -

SnapRAID would probably be a better choice for you.
  • Scorpion3d -

Ok so the reason I want Raid 5 is I want some sense of recovery so if a hard drive decided to stop working I dont loose almost 3TB of data which I will somehow have to manage to get back. But at the same time I dont want to loose half of my storage to 1…
  • MartinPC -

Replied to the thread FreeFileSync / RealTimeSync in OpenMediaVault?.

@Adoby: I've really appreciated your replies but have been super-busy since my original post. When I'm over the crunch, I'm going to try to find out more about rsync snapshots* -- and again, I know next to nothing about rsync -- and will follow up with…
  • Rd65 -

Replied to the thread OMV server stop responding on network while copying.

Hu? why you insert things in /etc/apt/sources.list? i never told that. strange... and why sid? buster is stable and strech oldstable.... verry strange... do you use sid as your nas-os? one more time... STRANGE! thats the way not to do...
  • djres79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

Will try asap, I don't currently have my port for omv web control open to the outside world... Will have to have my friend go into my router and open it up for me because I'm now out of town (trucker)
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

Ok so Debian kernel doesn’t include-build the module. You have to install the proxmox one using omv extras.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread installation ... openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb ... does not work.

Quote from SaviorCalabro: “Many thanks, where do I find a tutorial or a guide, that makes me understand all the steps I have to do to install OMV4? I apologize very much for the trouble ” You really need to learn how to use search engines. Install OMV4