Recent Activities

• Kreavan -

Posted the thread Compatible HBA SAS cards for x399 motherboards?.

Thread
    I'm going to be upgrading my server build and looking to add an HBA SAS card. I'm looking at the ASRock Taichi x399 motherboard. Anyone able to recommend a good, compatible HBA SAS card that will work with this motherboard on OMV?
  • jata1 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Mounted drive / file system not removed cleanly from OMV 5.

Thread
    Hi, I added a usb drive to my OMV server and was planning to copy data to it from another drive in the same OMV server (rock64). I changed my mind so unmounted the file system un the OMV GUI and removed it. then rebooted the server Now my system is…
  • Agricola -

Liked plonger’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Notification working but not sending updates.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Agricola: “I wish I could help but I have already exhausted my "vast" storehouse of knowledge. Hopefully someone will be able to point you to the solution. Someone is always saying "Clear your browser's cache" but I don't know if that would…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Newbie build on Raspberry PI4.

Quote from scottjcpp: “I see apparently I can NOT use RAID 1 (or any RAID for that matter) with a USB interface. True under all circumstances? ” Sorry but this has been talked about so many times. OMV no longer allows you to use usb drives in a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SFTP Plugin Problem.

Quote from threehappypenguins: “Do you by any chance know why I'm seeing a dev folder when I log in? I see the other folders that I enabled and wanted to see, but I also see dev. How do I remove it from the folder that is being seen when logged in…
  • gderf -

I don't use the sftp plugin, I set up sftp by hand ages ago long before I started to use OMV so this practice was carried over. In my setups, the /dev folder contains a log socket. It is required to be within the chroot environment or it will not…
  • kirkdis -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Can't enable Wifi on Nanopi M4.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “Most probably wlan0 is still referenced in /etc/network/interfaces. Each interface that is listed there won't be available to NetworkManager. ” Have checked this? tkaiser was referring to /etc/network/interfaces, not the GUI of OMV.
  • kirkdis -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't enable Wifi on Nanopi M4.

Thanks for pointing out. Checked /etc/network/interfaces and deleted every entry there - reboot and every thing seems working fine now. The wifi is establishing a connection without having the ethernet port connected. Super community here and big kudos…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.0.5 updates errors.

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

• aSa -

Posted the thread OMV 5.0.5 updates errors.

Thread
    Hello, I have just reinstalled OMV 5.0.5 and the first thing after changing pwd I tried to update it using Update Management. But after clicking "install" for selected updates I get error message: Error #0:OMV\HttpErrorException: The method 'install'
  • BozzArc -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

But then again pihole will be using host os port 53. The how I supposed to have another docker image for host os port 53? also in the portainer-> create container->network i do not have option for selecting macvlan. How did you get that?
  • LeleLeRigolo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Trop de problèmes.

Thread
    Je n'avais plus l'interface réseau qui marchait donc j'ai réinstallé omv proprement. - je ne retrouve plus mes dossiers - et l'interface réseau ne marche toujours pas - la commande ifconfig ne marche plus et je ne sais pas pourquoi auriez vu une…
  • threehappypenguins -

Quote from HannesJo: “and therefore I checked the permissions. I found that my / was set as root:root 775 and not root:root 755. I backed up my system and changed the permissions with "chmod 755 /". ” chmod 755 / fixed it for me! Thanks! Do you by…
  • threehappypenguins -

Liked HannesJo’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SFTP Plugin Problem.

Like (Post)
    Did some more tests but whatever I do. I can only connect as long as user is not in group sftp-access, but whole root tree is displayed then. Adding the user to sftp-access, I cannot login anymore due to "connection abort". Turning On "Allow Groups"…
  • scottjcpp -

Posted the thread Newbie build on Raspberry PI4.

Thread
    Have two WD 4TB NAS drives Have two USB 3.0 powered adapter trays. Have Raspberry PI 4 running OMV (5.3.2-1) OMV only seeing one of the 4TB NAS drives (sdb) on the USB 3.0 ports. Again newbie so my apologies but I see apparently I can NOT use RAID 1…
  • Night Hawke -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex Plugins Help.

Thread
    I'm having trouble finding a guide on how to install Plex Plugins for Plex on OMV. Ive got the plex plugin from OMV extras up and running great, but id like to add some add ins. ive got them downloaded an saved to a folder plex has access to on OMV…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?.

Quote from numsi: “what is the most commonly used 10GBe NIC for debian? ” My four cards at home are all Mellanox. At work, Emulex cards are about all we use on VMware and Linux.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?.

• Blabla -

Liked Berti’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How do I get CPU temp, hdd Temps and Fan speeds, preferably in netdata container.

Like (Post)
    Netdata Docker: Source Code (8 lines)