Recent Activities

• table681 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake keeps crashing.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “So, it is properly installed now. Does handbrake still fail? The system may need a reboot. ” Still getting the same problem however I haven't rebooted. I am going to reboot in the morning however as I am not currently able…
  • ryecoaaron -

So, it is properly installed now. Does handbrake still fail? The system may need a reboot.
  • table681 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “You did or you will? ” my bad for the poor english I have done it here is the result i also did dpkg -l | grep dbus forum.openmediavault.org/index…4d892cdb356746c35d560bd3b
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from table681: “I SSH in using terminal on my mac ” You did or you will?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV vs Cockpit.

Quote from jollyrogr: “I don't currently have another disk to add. I can add another disk image via virtmanager and then mount that in proxmox and utilize that storage. ” That is what I meant.
  • table681 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “There is something very wrong with how it is parsing that command. Can you login with putty or something not shellinabox? ” I SSH in using terminal on my mac
  • ryecoaaron -

There is something very wrong with how it is parsing that command. Can you login with putty or something not shellinabox?
  • table681 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Maybe installing dbus-x11 needs to be installed on the host?? apt-get install dbus-x11 ” I tried to do that but it doesn't workforum.openmediavault.org/index…4d892cdb356746c35d560bd3b
  • roison -

Liked Virgil.A’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Like (Post)
    The plugin has been release in the wild. Follow this thread to find it: OMV-Theme plugin, theme changer and UI customisation NEW RELEASE 3.0.0 - bug fixes - adapted code to work both with plugin interface and terminal menu interface - dracula theme…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV vs Cockpit.

I don't currently have another disk to add. I can add another disk image via virtmanager and then mount that in proxmox and utilize that storage.
  • siryounger -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OpenVPN stopped working recently.

Thread
    My OpenVPN installation on OMV 4.1.23-1 Arrakis stopped working a few weeks ago, and I have tried to troubleshoot by searching through forums and digging through client/server settings. Still not working. This evening, I uninstalled and reinstalled,…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

Looking at the tag, you're using 3.0... that's your issue. The repositories have closed because the OS has been EOL for over a year. You have 2 options. 1. Clean install 4.0 2. There are multiple threads on the forum about this issue and getting…
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Graphics issue when starting install.

Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull. Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also…
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Graphics issue when starting install.

Just for infirmation, for those who are interested: after setting BIOS > Advanced > PCI Subsystem Settings > "Above 4G Decoding" to Disabled booting the OMV 4.1.22 installation stick was successfull. Booting OMV 5.05 installation stick was also…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Quote from Wumpus: “Didn't try proxmox yet ... it is 4.15, while I currently have 4.19 (with OMV 5.05) which is long-term maintenance. However lets see when I've got some time I might test that. ” The proxmox kernel on OMV 5.x is 5.0 (from proxmox 6.x).
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem installing on a AMD G-T56n machine.

If the screen or display doesn't work, but the OMV web GUI is OK, then you don't need a display. In fact I have six OMV servers running and none of them even have anything to plug a display to. Instead I use the web GUI and ssh to login remotely. OMV…
  • boozedawg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt, nextcloud, duckdns with TDL video tutorial.

It should be but I'm not able to convert it to the nextcloud. I realize that I shouldn't be having this much trouble with it. I'm gonna have a friend go over everything with me today step by step and be a second pair of eyes and hopefully he can catch…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

/etc/passwd is not a command. Perhaps you are doing something wrong if you are having problems upgrading or getting updates? That is my thought. Why are you messing about with putty and ssh? What is it that you can't do in the web GUI? Do just one…
  • drewgost -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Permission denied.

Thread
    Hi everyone this started and cant resolve it. simple command like /etc/passwd I get Permission denied logged in as root on PuTTY Also can't upgrade or get any Updates Thoughts? Thanks Drew
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The following should fix it. ” :thumbsup: Thanx, that did it. :D . Just spent a like... Didn't try proxmox yet ... it is 4.15, while I currently have 4.19 (with OMV 5.05) which is long-term maintenance. However lets see when I've got some…