Recent Activities

• filledk -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) if i install OMV 5, will i be get the stable OMV 5 when it is released?.

Thread
    my question is, if i wanted to install reinstall OMV and i choose OMV5 would i then be able to join the "stable releases updates" (dont know what to call it) when OMV 5 is released? also is UnionFS plugin avalible for OMV5 yet?? thanks :)
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Hardware error - really?.

I suggest that you backup your files. That way you can feel that your files are safe even if your NAS is glitchy.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you add Extra Arguments in Portainer?.

Quote from Agricola: “--network my-net ” That is set up in the video using docker network create from the command line, with portainer you don't have to do that you should just add a network under Networks, then you select that in your…
  • miamibits -

Replied to the thread What happened with my apt?.

Yesterday I upgraded OMV to 4.1.25-1 (kernel 4.14.144) and my Odroid HC2 went crazy, it appears that the board is rebooting continuously, just staying online for about 10 minutes. Any clues on how to fix it?
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you add Extra Arguments in Portainer?.

Quote from geaves: “Command and Logging -> Command, however, this is best guess can't see anywhere else to add it ” The container accepted it but it didn't work...I don't think. am trying to get Nextcloud/Letsencrypt up and running and i need the…
  • mira67 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Strange network behavior.

I tried to configure the network from the terminal directly from the server with omv-firstaid, but nothing to do I get the following message: a59631b65dd10c63426fe3b751926782.jpg
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Audio transcoding + dlna, rly?.

You can make an automatic re-encoder with OMV. I did it in this video. How to Use Handbrake to Automatically Convert Your Videos with Openmediavault and Docker
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex & Docker - Your home screen is currently empty.

TBH I don't use plex I use emby but should the config setting be read only? that's usually read/write as data gets written to that config + I assume you've set the ports according to the video.
  • bowser4 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex & Docker - Your home screen is currently empty.

Now, on the local IP, its 'looking for servers..' but not finding any.
  • bowser4 -

To explain - when i visit plex.tv online, it sees no server either, and prompts me to the download page.
  • bowser4 -

Thanks, i've made that change, but I can't see the server to populate it....basically no server is found it seems?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread UnionFS Stale File Handle.

It happens to me. I ended up switching to use the smb docker storage plugin for remote mounts just for downloaders for plex nfs should work fine. Most of this problems come usually I guess when sonarr is moving files across copying and server becomes…
  • geaves -

Your host path is correct your container path is wrong is should be /TV
  • Blebbens -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Migration.

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex & Docker - Your home screen is currently empty.

Thread
    Please excuse any stupid questions...i'm trying...! OK OMV4 installed on a standalone machine, added a drive, with a shared folder called Media. Under Media is TV, New films etc. Installed docker & linuxserver/plex (I have a lifetime plex pass).…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup - Backup doesn’t start automatically.

Quote from PimpMyNAS: “Maybe duplicati is what I need. I can schedule the backup of folders to run at a designated time every day from source folder to my external USB drive. ” You can do that with the rsync plugin. Have a look at the user guide…
  • macom -

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Audio transcoding + dlna, rly?.

You could re-encode the audio. Either replace the current audio or add a new audiotrack. If the video is just copied, it should be fast.
  • Blebbens -

Okay, now I installed a freshly OMV 4.1.2 from USB to my new SSD. This worked fine. But, now this error occurs and OMV does not start. Very frustrating... some help, please...
  • PimpMyNAS -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup - Backup doesn’t start automatically.

Quote from macom: “What is noatime supposed to do? I cannot find it on the man page or rsync. Why don't you use the GUI of OMV to setup the rsync job? You can also specify a dry-run so you can check what is happening without actually copying…