Recent Activities

• Josephz -

Replied to the thread DIY NAS - VPN Torrent Streaming Camera.

Quote from Bandey: “Quote from BAOZHAI: “Going with the NAS build is very optimistic of you and I just want to congratulate you with the project. However the internet is no more a safe place to be as in recent times the copyright trolls are coming…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Quote from phrogpilot73: “is there any downside to moving over to the standard kernel ” Depending on your hardware, it might not have drivers you need. It could be less power efficient. Hard to say. The backports kernel will still be supported for…
  • Mumbedeus -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Like (Post)
    Quote from Mumbedeus: “Does anyone know if there are known bugs with the plugin? ” No, I have been using it successfully since dropping my raid 5. Quote from Mumbedeus: “The SD cards are connected via two different USB-ports on my Rock64. ” I am…
  • Quote from trapexit: “More likely there is some bug in mergerfs that for some reason is manifesting itself on that platform but not others or it's a bad build. But if I can't reproduce it or have any sort of errors I'm stuck. ” I have a rock64 and…
  • Mumbedeus -

Replied to the thread Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I have a rock64 and can try to reproduce this later. I will update after I test. ” Cool! I just followed this mergerfs -f -o <youroptions> <branches> <mountpoint>, but typed wrong variables :rolleyes: Now my system is dead. I am going to…
  • njinco -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Possible Problem with OMV5 install with failed samba error.

ok, will try another one then do a fresh, this whole setup is already 6hrs if im not mistaken so i was avoiding a fresh start
  • phrogpilot73 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from phrogpilot73: “How can you tell if you're using the backports, standard or promox kernel? ” You would know if you were using the proxmox kernel because you have to manually install it. The backports kernel is the…
  • DesertPilot -

Replied to the thread How to get data off my RAID.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from DesertPilot: “I have a Linux laptop and I can’t get it to mount to it ether. ” Is that just using one drive? Much to my better judgement as the drives already have a raid signature on them try; mdadm --assemble…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Possible Problem with OMV5 install with failed samba error.

Quote from njinco: “is it ok to turn off pi when im halfway done? im just missing this steps. ” Your previous steps didn't really complete successfully. Quote from njinco: “rerun script and hope for the best? ” The script doesn't perform…
  • njinco -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That physical network setup sounds pretty terrible and likely the cause. Just from your second screenshot, the system can't connect to the ubuntu keyserver. I doubt internet speed would affect this since it is very low…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from phrogpilot73: “How can you tell if you're using the backports, standard or promox kernel? ” You would know if you were using the proxmox kernel because you have to manually install it. The backports kernel is the default in OMV. …
  • phrogpilot73 -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ness1602: “The main problem for me now in omv4 when using proxmox kernel, is that the proxmox team doesn't deliver anymore kernel update, that is pretty much all reserved for pve6, so this could potentially be…
  • Quote from trapexit: “More likely there is some bug in mergerfs that for some reason is manifesting itself on that platform but not others or it's a bad build. But if I can't reproduce it or have any sort of errors I'm stuck. ” I have a rock64 and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Quote from trapexit: “More likely there is some bug in mergerfs that for some reason is manifesting itself on that platform but not others or it's a bad build. But if I can't reproduce it or have any sort of errors I'm stuck. ” I have a rock64 and…
  • ryecoaaron -

That physical network setup sounds pretty terrible and likely the cause. Just from your second screenshot, the system can't connect to the ubuntu keyserver. I doubt internet speed would affect this since it is very low bandwidth. Hard to say what is…
  • njinco -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Your network setup is preventing adding of repo keys. So, you aren't getting packages properly. ” could it be my physical network setup? dsl>router (1st floor) which is wirelessly connected to another router (bridge mode)…
  • trapexit -

Quote from geaves: “I am wondering if this is the problem, you say you are using SD cards via USB, are these SD cards in USB card readers? ” I'm not going to say it's impossible but the underlying filesystem or device shouldn't matter. More likely…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from trapexit: “I don't know what the plugin does so I really can't comment on what it may or maynot contribute to the issue. ” All it really does is create an fstab entry (which he posted above) for selected filesystems and mount that entry. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Quote from nicovon: “Now that I've created the repository, I have to create and configure the host (the site) that will respond to HTTP calls made by our SVN clients. how? ” Why do your svn clients have to use http? tortoisesvn supports svn protocol…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from ness1602: “The main problem for me now in omv4 when using proxmox kernel, is that the proxmox team doesn't deliver anymore kernel update, that is pretty much all reserved for pve6, so this could potentially be security problem in the future…