Recent Activities

• ralph99 -

Posted the thread encryption/decryption of a partition on demand (e.g. with 2FA token).

Thread
    Hello forum To my knowledge an encrypted partition is decrypted on boot. For the most cases that's perfect, but for some scenarios, i would like to be able to decrypt a partition only on demand e.g. after authentication with a 2FA token (e.g. on a…
  • Logpin -

Replied to the thread LetsEncrypt is not connected to my Nextcloud within the php file.

I do not know why, but for some reason the "nextcloud.subdomains.conf" has disappeared from the folder. There was only the "sample" file available. I re-created the file and lo and behold: my cloud is back up. In addition, the "linuxserver /…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Unable to Mount External Drive.

Quote from liv: “I cannot mount anymore ” So it worked before? If that's the case most probably silent bit rot on the rootfs. You might want to check package integrity.
  • crashtest -

Liked Virgil.A’s post in the thread OMV-Theme plugin, theme changer and UI customisation.

Like (Post)
    There is no update since the release, there are a lot of things happening in my life and I don't have time to invest in more features for the time being, I will still maintain it and fix bugs. Also if you press the update button from the plugin update…
  • macom -

Only now realized that you posted your kernel version. Looks like the first boot was successful
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem to access the interphase web.

In case you used the image from SF, make sure to follow the instructions on the download page. Especially the part about internet connection during first boot and about the patience.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud, Mariadb in docker, Nextcloud loads SQLITE on second logon..

Are you sure the docker can save its config data? Did you specify the PUID and PGID when setting up the docker?
  • LeConcepteur -

Liked djismgaming’s post in the thread My OMVNUC Nas.

Like (Post)
    This is my current build! Running good for a time now. Software: - OMV 4.1.22-1 Arrakis - Windows 10 (1809) VM @ VirtualBox plug-in and manual start - 2GB RAM - 2 CPU CORES - Bridge Network (to have own IP on the VM from the router via DHCP, easier RDP…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread LetsEncrypt is not connected to my Nextcloud within the php file.

The config.php looks fine on the first glance. The message can also mean that the reverse proxy (nginx) inside the letsencrypt conainter does not point correctly to your Nextcloud docker. Can you post your nextcloud.subdomains.conf in the…
  • Doc44 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Problem to access the interphase web.

Thread
    Hello I try to make an OMV NAS with a raspberry pi 3 B + installation is done, I think, of course the Rasp Pi but when I write the address on my web browser it can not access. What can I do? thank you in advance Doc PJ screen photo
  • hafnix -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Flex TV (Phlex) for Plex Media Server.

Thread
    Hi @ll I'd like to install Phlex or Flex TV to control my Plex Media Server via Google Assistant There is a Docker image available at github.com/d8ahazard/Phlex/wiki/Using-Docker :whistling: Anyone tried this before ? Any experiences ? Regards T.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Backup strategy from mac to OMV NAS.

Quote from jata1: “My key question is really about handling incremental backups from my Mac to the NAS ” TimeMachine (on OMV4 using Netatalk/AFP, later with OMV5 using Samba/CIFS) - Create a new OMV user called whatever with a password (that's…
  • ttan98 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cannot download and Install Syncthing.

Thread
    Try to install Syncthing, got this error message. 1. Docker works ok 2. Go to docker try to install Syncthing got this message instead: Error #0:OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatus6Wh8qT' (size=0). in…
  • Catorze -

Liked HackitZ’s post in the thread transmission create torrent.

Like (Post)
    ok sorted it out. to create a torrent you use transmission-create -n full path to source file -t https:// your tracker url -r full path to source file.torrent the first -t is so transmission knows your using you tracker announce url. not sure what the…
  • LeConcepteur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved FTP down regularly, I wish a script who monitor his health and restart if needed.

So after doing some research I found a simple but effective way to achieve this action.I was inspired by the tutorial here that I adaptedFor those who do not have the knowledge here are some explanations: 1) One creates a script which checks the state…
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved FTP down regularly, I wish a script who monitor his health and restart if needed.

In the first place, it would be better to check why this is happening because it is not normal. You can write a simple script that will check if the process is present. Or do it in the style of the Middle Ages. Every hour, do the cron task. In this…
  • liv -

Yes it was connected. Do you know if I can check if it completed execution or not?
  • wltdbetter -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud, Mariadb in docker, Nextcloud loads SQLITE on second logon..

Thread
    Hi This is the second time this has happened to me, I used TechnoDadLife's method to install Mariadb and Nextcloud docker. When it was running, I installed a couple of apps, added new folders and all looked good, so I shut the server down to come back…
  • rlh003 -

Replied to the thread SFTP setup.

Cool. Uninstalled the plugin and it connected right to my home directory which is what I wanted to begin with ... Thanks for the help. /bob