Recent Activities

• Majorpayne -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Installed OMV updates - Dockers Missing.

Thread
    I installed all the updates recently and now my dockers are gone. Docker is not installed and I'm unable to reinstall docker.
  • omvmax -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Does OMV work better on Armbian or Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4B?.

Thread
    I used this image for my Raspberry Pi 4B and I notice it uses Armbian which I never heard of. All my other Pis use Raspbian and I'd like to keep it the same so it can be consistent w/ updates and packages as I'd like to eventually use Ansible to manage…
  • crashtest -

Liked seed’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 4 to OMV 5.

Like (Post)
    I just wanted to share that a migration I did from OMV 4 to OMV 5 went very well. I have an external array attached to a Xeon pc. I had an i5 CPU around so decided to build a mitx setup for testing. I installed OMV 5 from USB, launched the GUI, rebooted…
  • Gretchen -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV 4 to OMV 5.

Where would you rate the experience? ;) repairs.png
  • seed -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) RAID Array Disappeared.

So I was able to get the array back but with only 5 drives. mdadm says it's clean but that isnt true as it should be 6 drives in the array. This was a major blow up and almost catastrophic as I was moving drives from the NAS to the new OMV arrays, where…
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) RAID Array Disappeared.

Thread
    Hello, I had a RAID 6 array with 6 drives sd[bcdefg] I added 3 drives and tried to create a new stripe to temporarily move the data too. When I tried to create a shared folder on the new striped array I got a huge error in the UI and everything took a…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Yep, In my case I have a backup server with the same settings, users, permissions, etc., regularly replicating the primary server. If the primary fails, I move to the backup where a second copy of all data resides. There's zero down time.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BD/DVD Drive in Docker.

Add them to the Extra Arguments line with a space in between each argument. Here's an example line with a few arguments. forum.openmediavault.org/index…1569bb0fd5f4f93cba178f62d
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Yes, most certainly. I have several, in pairs, like that. Works great! I recommend it! (Hidden Content)
  • Currymunster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Thread
    Not sure if this is in the right place but here goes. Can I have two separate omv installs on two separate storage servers so one can be synced to back up to the other? James
  • Akrilove -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cant get Docker to install OMV 4.1.26-1.

Thread
    Hello everyone, I for the life of me cant get Docker to install on my OMV system. I have gotten plex to install just fine but with docker there are dependency errors. I have tried using apt-clean and also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread Device identification in case of same SN.

Thanks for the clarification! Quote from gderf: “The identical serial numbers belong to the SATA to USB physical adapters, not the file systems on the plugged in and formatted disks. ” That would mean, that the drive and the USB-to-Sata-adapter is a…
  • XbmcPlexer -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BD/DVD Drive in Docker.

Thread
    Hi, I'd like to be able to access my OMV's BD Drive in a new docker image I'm setting up. I've used this guide to set up the typical docker images - forum.openmediavault.org/index…ic-NZBGet-ruTorrent-Sona/ and wondering if there are any environmental…
  • kirkdis -

Replied to the thread NanoPi M4 3-bay NAS 7.7TB RAID compact and low consumption.

measures of the case are 134*129*89mm find attached photos of the setup with a new top cover I printed today...
  • gderf -

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Two different devices with the same serial number ?( Curious Normally different disks have unique UUIDs. Did you have cloned the drives with a tool before? You should do a full wipe of both drives. ” File systems are assigned…
  • Basil -

Liked CreativeThings’s post in the thread OMV 3.x [rsnapshot] Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder.

Like (Post)
    That however removes all existing config as well :( A real workarond that retains your existing config is to: 1) create a new Shared Folder e.g "MyNewFolder" 2) take the UUID from the error ('cc78b5f3-cc6b-42ff-ad68-422917ccaa04' in the above post) 3)…
  • Jozi -

Posted the thread Docker doesn't seem to work any longer.

Thread
    I don't use my server (OMV 4) very often, it spends most of it's time shutdown, earlier today I noticed I no longer had my shortcuts on the splash pages (I forget what this was called but it ran in docker). I've only now had time to have a look into it,…
  • ShaunBlake -

Replied to the thread NanoPi M4 3-bay NAS 7.7TB RAID compact and low consumption.

• Quote from Adoby: “Quote from stephane: “I think we have here the lowest PC electric consumption of the OMV forum ? ” No. I think we have the most inaccurate power measurement of the OMV forum. ;) A AC power supply and a simple AC power meter can give…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from andgi: “Have two SATA to USB adapters (Orico 27UTS) Their SN and ID is the same, ” Two different devices with the same serial number ?( Curious Normally different disks have unique UUIDs. Did you have cloned the drives with a tool before? You…