Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread All folders are read-only.

Edit, misunderstood.. It sounds like a service is turning the folder read only.. or is this happening to every single folder no matter what service.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread Portainer/Docker issues.

All you really need to do is reinstall Portainer from the sounds of it. This won't hurt anything, the new install will pick up your current docker containers (assuming you didn't do something to them as well). As long as you haven't customized ports,…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Is it actually enough if collectd is running or does monit also need to be started? I have some issue with the monitoring, so usually i disable it I can still see the state of the drives in drivemon, but the graphs in services are not working anymore
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from rhinkhaus: “I don't know how long the other versions had beta status but >10 months for OMV5 beta are a long time. ” Being a plugin dev, I guess I understand the development cycle better than most. While 10…
  • vishnumrao -

Liked Indoorser’s post in the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Like (Post)
    Hi guys. Since noone can help a noob but another noob, I do :) OMV 4.1.22, slightly wrong sequence: 1. Install LUKS plugin. If you don't have one in the list of plugins, first install omvextras plugin (manual upload of .deb file and activate the…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Never shows up in Windows network explorer until name is entered, then fine.

Is your OMV server running DHCP or a static address? Also does your client firewall "trust" the local network? ___________________________________________________________ Try running through some of the network settings in this guide.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Compatible HBA SAS cards for x399 motherboards?.

I've had good luck with a Dell H200 that I bought used and flashed to JBOD. If you're interested in going this route, this -> thread might be useful. If you shop around, acquiring a card and breakout cables is relatively inexpensive.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

Quote from BozzArc: “Waited 2-3 hrs more and then my PC has a access to. Now everything seems like working. ” Thanks for sharing that. What platform are you using? PC or an SBC?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Running pishrink as scheduled task doesn't run..

but again I see no necessity of using sudo in scheduled task.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Running pishrink as scheduled task doesn't run..

Why sudo and not just plain root ? I can’t see the scheduled task sending you an email and waiting for you to enter password to run the task. Is the command explicitly allowed no password prompt in sudoers?
  • Ageassia -

Replied to the thread MACVLAN Issues.

You saved me ! Thank you OMV community :) Indeed, upgrading the firmware solved the issue. I didn't understand what was wrong, I was making a lot of tests before putting all of this in the RPI, so i was very confused !
  • vishnumrao -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved HDD won't spin down.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from vishnumrao: “I finally got around to trying your tip on the RPI NAS. Installed hd_idle and the disks now spind down completely. ” :thumbsup: Quote from vishnumrao: “does hd_idle only spindown the disks when they are idle or…
  • thedarkness -

Replied to the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

Quote from pvnnpavan: “min receivefile size = 16384 write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536 log level = 1 read raw = yes write raw = yes max xmit = 65535 dead time =…
  • Kreavan -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Compatible HBA SAS cards for x399 motherboards?.

Like (Post)
    I have an LSI 9200-8E adapter in my OMV box.
  • Kreavan -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Compatible HBA SAS cards for x399 motherboards?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kreavan: “Anyone able to recommend a good, compatible HBA SAS card that will work with this motherboard on OMV? ” The LSI 9211-8i (or one the oem branded versions) is solid choice for just about any motherboard.
  • draddy -

Replied to the thread Sharedfolders.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from draddy: “yeah in cli, but i mean on the web UI - or you just plan to remove it from cli? just for cli i'm also fine with symlinks - but web UI it looks (for me) we need to set smb, ftp, and other services? so you…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread Sharedfolders.

Quote from votdev: “We can disable it by default ” My 2 cents I use OMV for about a year, so let me explain my evolution and why I think disbling /sharedfolders is not good idea. - Start with turorials how to install and configure OMV. Every single…
  • Adoby -

Liked draddy’s post in the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

Like (Post)
    you can also just download iperf3 for windows on iperf.fr/iperf-download.php just extract it, and on windows commandline run <pathtoiperffolder>\iperf3.exe -s for server or <pathtoiperffolder>\iperf3.exe -c <ipofserver> for client its way faster than…
  • draddy -

Replied to the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

you can also just download iperf3 for windows on iperf.fr/iperf-download.php just extract it, and on windows commandline run <pathtoiperffolder>\iperf3.exe -s for server or <pathtoiperffolder>\iperf3.exe -c <ipofserver> for client its way faster than…
  • Frenk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

I don't think that incorrectly set ACL would give you an "incorrect username/password" error. Something else is wrong here. Do you have a Linux desktop machine available? If so, could you open a file manager and type this at the address bar (of course,…