Recent Activities

• nicovon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Must be a dns issue. Does svn info svn://localhost/vbrepo/ work? ” Source Code (4 lines)
  • nicovon -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from nicovon: “to me, it doesn't even work from the same system! ” Must be a dns issue. Does svn info svn://localhost/vbrepo/ work?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer.

Quote from Tamalou: “With a install tutorial or other. ” There is no tutorial, this is a plugin, the status output shows active (exited) without any error code in this instance simply restarting the service resolves it. I have just installed this on…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread External Hard drive shows only part of the Capacity....

Quote from manojOpenmediavault: “How can I use USB/hard drive normal way to be visible in local pc ?? Sorry if this is very basic. ” What OS uses the PC you have connected the USB drive to? If it is Windows there may be situations you can´t see the…
  • KVL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Knocking - possible?.

I got it working as I wanted. Here you are, if anyone else wanna do similar. iptables -F iptables -X iptables -Z iptables -N STATE0 iptables -A STATE0 -j LOG --log-prefix '*** ' -m limit --limit 5/m iptables -A STATE0 -p udp --dport 1010…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread DIY a 4 bays SBC NAS.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to clone data disk to new disk? CloneZilla, DD, other?.

Thanks, I ended up mounting the old drives as external and copied the data over.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Need help to install Nextcloud with Docker and Portainer.

You have to use the https://192.168.......:450
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Hello, sorry regarding the unclear instructions. The "to be restored" drive needed to be unmounted. The "to be restored" drive should not be the broken drive but it's copy, as we do not want to further stress it. The target (on which you restore)…
  • Tamalou -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer.

I don't find anything and i re install all an the same problem on the service. Is there someone who he can help me ? With a install tutorial or other.
  • aldrick -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Another plex + docker problem.

Quote from Klemens: “Found the solution here: youtube.com/watch?v=f1aOiFtBG3Q Plex is now working like a charm, thanks guys. ” Wow! This video saved me too! Well done.
  • aldrick -

Liked Klemens’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Another plex + docker problem.

Like (Post)
    Found the solution here: youtube.com/watch?v=f1aOiFtBG3Q Plex is now working like a charm, thanks guys.
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “To now restore your data: The scrub I would not do on the damaged drive, but on the copy that you did. Please shutdown, remove the broken drive. Put in another drive on which you can store the data we are going to restore. Can be…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Where to log in as a user?.

Quote from RUsum1: “My problem was solved by changing stuff to allow any and everyone to read/write/execute. ” This is a common "solution" that is a terrible idea. Your problem wasn't solved, only masked by completely circumventing filesystem…
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “To now restore your data: The scrub I would not do on the damaged drive, but on the copy that you did. Please shutdown, remove the broken drive. Put in another drive on which you can store the data we are going to restore. Can be…
  • gderf -

SnapRAID didn't damage your files or your drives. From what I have read here you have one or more physically failing hard drives.
  • curious1 -

Quote from gderf: “Unless this really is a SnapRAID disaster, I suggest that you re-title the first post to more properly describe what happened. ” Uh, what would you suggest. I was running SnapRAID and then couldn't get to any of my files. I'm open…
  • RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Where to log in as a user?.

I dug through a lot of threads and videos. Found the TechnoDad video about common issues (which did help partially solve my issue). I was finally able to send files from my HTPC to my OMV server. However it didn't help me figure out my initial issue. My…
  • jmcker -

Liked maximd8’s post in the thread OMV 3.x OMV / FreeIPA Integration.

Like (Post)
    I achieved a positive result in this question (OVM & FreeIPA) with a little another approach. What steps should be reproduced to achieve this result: 1) Install clean Debian 10 Buster: Update/upgrade all packages Shell-Script (2 lines)2) On the top