Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Quote from henfri: “Guys, calm down. ” Full disclosure - he's been warned repeatedly.
  • crashtest -

Liked exitcode0’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “I won't fix since too annoyed by several forum members ” Awww. Too bad, so sad, you little mamma's boy. You still don't get it. No idea of what manners are. Like a stupid dog, you shxt in your own back yard and you get angry …
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

• Stallern -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH drivers (Debian).

Thread
    hey i were wondering about what drivers and kernels i would need to install to get my Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH up and running since i don't seem to get it working a 100% properly (installing on top of debian) cheers
  • crashtest -

Liked Griffo’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How often and which self test should I schedule?.

Like (Post)
    I lost a drive the other day, it simply "disappeared". Obviously I tested it, changed drive slots etc to prove that it was the drive. Funnily enough, using Seatools, it would fail a short test but pass a long test every time. I'd started with long-tests…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How often and which self test should I schedule?.

@tkaiser Your "context" is from a data center, which has next to no applicability to the average home user. Setting up E-mail notifications and simply enabling SMART works, it's hands off, and is enough for the average home user. Now, if you want to…
  • Griffo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How often and which self test should I schedule?.

I lost a drive the other day, it simply "disappeared". Obviously I tested it, changed drive slots etc to prove that it was the drive. Funnily enough, using Seatools, it would fail a short test but pass a long test every time. I'd started with long-tests…
  • pwepwe973 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Custom Changes to PHP.ini with Nginx Plugin?.

Why do I feel that php.ini is a taboo subject? :( as soon as you ask to modify it for x reason, do not answer it, or be asked why do you want to modify it ...
  • electrosam -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPI4 OMV WiFi.

Another update- I followed steps in this thread and the driver/firmware seems to work- linuxquestions.org/questions/s…nic-not-found-4175627137/ Now the output of dmesg is- root@raspberrypi:/usr/src# dmesg | grep brcm [ 0.217743] brcm-pcie…
  • diyprojectz -

Replied to the thread NAS based on NanoPi M4 and SATA hat.

@ryecoaaron thank you very much, for this and all the previous help you provided!
  • diyprojectz -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread NAS based on NanoPi M4 and SATA hat.

Like (Post)
    Quote from diyprojectz: “Thus I need to know the height from outer edge of heatsink to USB3.0 connector, not to top of SATA hat. ” About 34mm
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from diyprojectz: “Thus I need to know the height from outer edge of heatsink to USB3.0 connector, not to top of SATA hat. ” About 34mm
  • flummoxer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x too many Inodes on 80TB filesystem creation.

Great to know, my work is so tight with inodes they only gave me 12M for an 80TiB quota, maybe gpfs is more annoying. That settles me on sticking with one big fs, thanks.
  • diyprojectz -

@ryecoaaron thank you! I already figured that I won't be able to use SATA hat attached directly to M4, I will lose 3rd HDD slot if I try. Thus I need to know the height from outer edge of heatsink to USB3.0 connector, not to top of SATA hat.
  • diyprojectz -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread NAS based on NanoPi M4 and SATA hat.

Like (Post)
    Quote from diyprojectz: “would either of you please kindly measure the height of your NanoPi M4 from bottom of heatsink to top of usb3.0 connector? ” It is about 47mm to the highest point on the sata hat.
  • phillipzan -

Replied to the thread Can't install plex docker after deleting..

• ryecoaaron -

Quote from diyprojectz: “would either of you please kindly measure the height of your NanoPi M4 from bottom of heatsink to top of usb3.0 connector? ” It is about 47mm to the highest point on the sata hat.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x too many Inodes on 80TB filesystem creation.

Quote from flummoxer: “Is there a way to lower the inode count for creation? ” Yes, The -N flag of mkfs.ext4 allows you specify the number of inodes. You can't change the number on an existing filesystem though as far as I know. Quote from…
  • electrosam -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RPI4 OMV WiFi.

Upon further debug- 1. Tried to boot from a clean SD card (new etcher install, etcher reported success) 2. Added a user as sudo 3. ssh with this user, and did dmesg | grep brcm. It shows- $ dmesg | grep brcm [ 0.217768] brcm-pcie fd500000.pcie:…
  • flummoxer -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x too many Inodes on 80TB filesystem creation.

Thread
    Hi, I'm switching from old data disk raid, to new bigger disks on a hardware raid, omv is installed on debian. The old raid disk was 15TB, the new is 81TB, when I use the web interface to format the filesystem ext4 it assigns 1.3 billion Inodes, which…