Recent Activities

• Cmdywrtr27 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

i'm not sure if this is the ONLY issue but i think you have to be apart of the 'samba share' group also. and u can try to set open permissions so u don't need to log in every time unless u need it set like that to block other people in your home from…
  • no can do, I spent 1/2 a day trying to get Internet Connection Sharing to work with that thing, I don't have any hair left to pull out. if it isn't going to work without downloading a few gigabytes off the internet, it isn't going to work and that's the…
  • Quote from draddy: “and, thats my last post to you, i don't like the way you talk to the community, ” yeah, well I do. I'm not going to take crap from anybody. if you think I should that's just too f'in bad now isn't it. does that jerk represent…
  • I'm done with you already after 2 responses, I know that
  • nexusle -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

The user have permission to access the share? edit: yes, I see in the hidden picture
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from molnart: “Quote from gderf: “The seemingly never changing answer about release date questions is "It will be released when it is released." ” just putting this here as a potential source of inspiration:
  • Nick0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nick0: “I get that this isn't rocket science but I thought I might learn a bit more about how it actually works. ” I can answer questions you have but writing up everything I know about the plugin is not going to…
  • Nick0 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Nick0: “I get that this isn't rocket science but I thought I might learn a bit more about how it actually works. ” I can answer questions you have but writing up everything I know about the plugin is not going to happen :)
  • Nick0 -

Quote from HannesJo: “Quote from Nick0: “I am not sure who tou're trying to convince here. Everybody in this thread seems to agree with you regarding the importance of backing up data. ” lol. Totally missed my point. ” Oh, apologies - I thought…
  • the-evil -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

Thread
    This is my 5th and last try to get OMV run.... I have : - installed OVM - updated via ovm-update - installed the extra package - installed snapraid & union filesystem ( originally i only wanted to try snapraid ) same…
  • HannesJo -

Quote from Nick0: “I am not sure who tou're trying to convince here. Everybody in this thread seems to agree with you regarding the importance of backing up data. ” lol. Totally missed my point.
  • molnart -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from gderf: “The seemingly never changing answer about release date questions is "It will be released when it is released." ” just putting this here as a potential source of inspiration: doublecmd.sourceforge.io/mantisbt/roadmap_page.php open…
  • nexusle -

Replied to the thread TimeMachine wie?.

das tgt Plugin legt ein iSCSI-TarGeT an. iSCSI stellt Blockdevices über das Netzwerk bereit (Google erklärt Dir da mehr) mit dem Plugin stellt Dir OMV eine Festplatte für dem Mac bereit (Zusatzsoftware notwendig). Ich erklär's morgen mal etwas genauer.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?.

Quote from numsi: “Since I cannot get my hands on Mellanox ” Mine came from ebay. Quote from numsi: “do you have any info on the Intel NICs, more specifically X550-T1 intel? ” A review on Amazon says it worked with Debian without any extra work.…
  • youtu.be/Tz8WpzsMXsQ Back up all your files either to a local disk or to another server with Rsync.
  • parshivets -

Replied to the thread Remote mount plugin issue.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That I can't fix. It is failing to mount your nfs mount. Maybe a reboot to clean up the cruft from previous attempts? ” hm. strange. Will try to fix this. root@openmediavault:/var/log# mount -t nfs…
  • gderf -

Since OMV is based on Debian Linux, you should consult their published EOL schedules. OMV4 is based on Debian 9 (Stretch), EOL ~2020, LTS ends ~2022. The seemingly never changing answer about release date questions is "It will be released when it is
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Clueless.....

Learn how to clone the rootfs. Then if something goes wrong, just restore the rootfs and try something else. And you will not have to reinstall from scratch ever again. Hopefully... It is common that new users of OMV make mistakes and have to start…
  • numsi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ASUS XG-C100C on OMV?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from numsi: “Will these cards work right out of the box, or do I need to do some manual installing of drivers or such to be recognized? ” Out of the box. I don't remember the last time I compiled a driver for…