Recent Activities

• tbld -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NGINX config file for OMV webgui (using it with the linuxserver letsencrypt container).

I have attempted to do the same I have the LetsEncrypt docker container running with a reverse proxy setup to point back to the OMV webgui on the host machine. It nearly works in the access log I can see all the java script being returned but in the…
  • justtim -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Status failed Service mountpoint.

Thread
    Hi, After having some trouble removing shared folders and filesystems for a crashed external backup disk, I was able to clean everything up (partly manually from config.xml). The only issue I have left is monit complaining when booting the…
  • 188334911 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread How do I install OMV on Ubuntu?.

Like (Post)
    Is not supported. Is heavily tight to Debian packages. You can give it a try see how it goes, following the guides instructions on how to do it on top of Debian server
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System missing for omv 2.x created RAID 1 after clean install of omv 4.1.22.

This is sadly a known bug of blkid. It seems that it is sometimes not possible to identify the filesystems on a RAID that is created with previous Debian versions. You're not the first with this problem. Sadly there is no possibility to workaround this…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread How do I install OMV on Ubuntu?.

How to install OMV on Ubuntu: Install OMV, with Debian, as a VM under Ubuntu.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x cloudcmd do not run and always restarting.

Quote from marik9581: “i have a raspberry pi 2 b ” Cloud Commander nor Krusader are compatible with the Pi. Raid configuration has been disabled for USB devices (very bad idea) Given your other issues I would say that the SD card is failing or the…
  • davidh2k -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x core New User Guide - Getting Started with Openmediavault.

Like (Post)
    This guide is targeted toward new users with general knowledge of Windows and Mac PC's, and some understanding of their LAN. Intermediate users may find some topics useful, such as data and operating system backup concepts and techniques, and general…
  • JohnStiles -

Quote from 188334911: “How do I install OMV on Ubuntu? ” ...By installing Debian.
  • davidh2k -

Replied to the thread File System unable to be mounted after power outage.

It looks to me that you have a single HDD. mdadm is used for RAID configurations, you don't need it if that Filesystem is not on a RAID Setup. Try to check the filesystem with fsck first with fsck /dev/sda1 Greetings David
  • marik9581 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x cloudcmd do not run and always restarting.

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Samba not discoverable after OMV reboot.

Quote from emdea: “Does anyone know what is the problem here? ” In SMB/CIFS disable Local Master Browser -> Save -> Apply, that should resolve it :)
  • ahmedot -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x docker0: port 1(veth82ff609) entered disabled state.

Thread
    Hi i get this error (docker0: port 1(veth82ff609) entered disabled state) I was trying to fix this problem for 2 days now, and i need your help this is omv logs: Source Code (84 lines)
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System missing for omv 2.x created RAID 1 after clean install of omv 4.1.22.

There appears to be nothing specified in mdadm.conf run omv-mkconf mdadm from the cli
  • KM0201 -

Quote from 188334911: “I like omv It's great but How do I install OMV on Ubuntu? ” Don't expect any help when things are invariably screwed up (because they will be). Is there a particular reason you want to use Ubuntu vs Debian?
  • maciekelga -

Replied to the thread 502 bad gateway nginx OMV 4 Rock64.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from maciekelga: “which version of OMV release is the best for Rock64 ? Which is the most stable version? ” 4.x is the best for all supported devices including the rock64. This seems like a bad SD card. Is it new and…
  • sonofwatt -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread Docker won't load after changing docker base path.

Like (Post)
    On OMV you have one system drive for the OS and you have one or more data drives. The system drive is mounted exec capable because there are executable programs on it that have to have that mounting or they will not run. By default, OMV mounts data…
  • subzero79 -

Is not supported. Is heavily tight to Debian packages. You can give it a try see how it goes, following the guides instructions on how to do it on top of Debian server
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Where is URbackup?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output from the apt clean button in omv-extras? It is definitely in the repo (unless this is an arm64 system) - bintray.com/openmediavault-plu…ediavault-urbackup-server ” I think I got some kind or error, anyway …
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread New folders do not inherit permissions.

Starting from scratch: I don't have a usenet account so I couldn't fully test the Docker. In any case, the following is what I have for a configuration. (This is 3 captures of the run image dialog. Scroll through.)
  • 188334911 -

Posted the thread How do I install OMV on Ubuntu?.

Thread
    I like omv It's great but How do I install OMV on Ubuntu?