Recent Activities

• HannesJo -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread SMART Error, but where?.

Like (Post)
    The SMART assessment is checking this: github.com/openmediavault/open…smartinformation.inc#L240 I assume that the bad sectors are the reason for the final assessment of your disc. The tooltip of the red dot should show you the reason.
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread SMART Error, but where?.

Oh there is a tooltip, nice! Yes, it says Bad Sectors. Unfortunately reallocation fails. So is there anything else I could do or just change the disk? Data loss would be just a bit annoying but no real problem here.
  • votdev -

The SMART assessment is checking this: github.com/openmediavault/open…smartinformation.inc#L240 I assume that the bad sectors are the reason for the final assessment of your disc. The tooltip of the red dot should show you the reason.
  • 4kristof6 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled.

Quote from subzero79: “Well you need to fix the rootfs permissions at top level. chmod 755 / ” Thank you very much, fix permissions solve this issue. Have a nice day ;)
  • 4kristof6 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved ssh pka connection failed if password auth is disabled.

Like (Post)
    Well you need to fix the rootfs permissions at top level. chmod 755 /
  • aoprea -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) My "story" with J5005-ITX.

i dont understand... on this motherboard exist 4 sata port and 1 pcie-express slot i want to put 4 hdd on motherboard 4 sata port (make software raid) and a ssd (with omv S.O.) on pci-express adapter to boot from this
  • jimmy_cr -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) My "story" with J5005-ITX.

@aoprea - I'm booting using integrated (probably intel) controller. There are 2 onboard, one is ASMEDIA. I bought second ASMEDIA, so all 4 disks I want to buy to RAID are using same controller (2 onboard + 2 expansion card).
  • 4kristof6 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically.

Hello, I've experienced the same issue after a clean install (on an external 2.5" usb hdd, uefi) The solution is "simple" : when the system is up to date and ready to go, shutdown the server, replug all raid hdd, reboot but go in the boot menu options…
  • HannesJo -

Source Code (74 lines) EDIT Ok there are definitely unreadable files. Tried to copy some with rsync and it says Source Code (7 lines) Syslog says Source Code (22 lines) I think it is no cable issue or so, since it is always the same sectors. Guess…
  • ness1602 -

Can you run: wget hdsentinel.com/hdslin/hdsentinel-018-x64.gz gunzip hdsentinel-018-x64.gz chmod +x hdsentinel-018-x64 ./hdsentinel-018-x64 And report output here.
  • HannesJo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

That sounds good. Think I will give it a try. Thanks!
  • HannesJo -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    It is same as with older systems, i have few OMV boxes with zfs and 2 or 4 GB Ram, and it works okay. If you use it for backup,and let's say not more than two docker containers(regular containers, not oRacle 12c EE :) ), you should be fine.
  • HannesJo -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    For two users I'm running an i3 with 12GB (not necessary - 8GB would be fine) with a Zmirror. While I'm using it for a backup, I'm running a second Zmirror with 4TB drives, using 4GB RAM and an Atom processor. As ryecoarron says, without dedup, hardware…
  • HannesJo -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    It would work fine as long as you don't enable deduplication. zfs will use ram as cache if available. Just remember that if you create a three drive raid z1 (equivalent of mdadm raid 5) pool, that you will have to add three more drives to expand it.
  • Enable SSH with Public Key Authentication (Securing remote webUI access to OMV) Intro This guide covers how to enable ssh access in omv with PKA, this will secure access to the text console to allow only the person who has the private key to access…
  • kattivius -

Replied to the thread urbackup client-server issue - raspberry pi 4b.

Quote from Morlan: “The configs of the image changed since I gave you the stack to be more aligned with the original docker image. Sorry for the confusion the image was WIP at that point. Try this new stack: Source Code (20 lines)” Later on today I…
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

It is same as with older systems, i have few OMV boxes with zfs and 2 or 4 GB Ram, and it works okay. If you use it for backup,and let's say not more than two docker containers(regular containers, not oRacle 12c EE :) ), you should be fine.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread urbackup client-server issue - raspberry pi 4b.

The configs of the image changed since I gave you the stack to be more aligned with the original docker image. Sorry for the confusion the image was WIP at that point. Try this new stack: Source Code (20 lines)
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) CLAMAV startet nicht.

Das Problem nach dem ersten starten ist dass es wohl sehr lange gedauert hat die Virendatenbank herunterzuladen. Warum clam keine Dateien scannt kann ich leider nicht sagen. Ob er läuft kannst Du mit Shell-Script (1 line) prüfen.
  • gett -

Liked Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) How do you use other docker apps to use letsencrypt's certs?.

Like (Post)
    Thats how I understand it.