Recent Activities

• clueluzz -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread OMV 4.x VFS Objects.

Like (Post)
    Personally I made some changes of the SAMBA configuration in the past, also using VFS OBJECTS. But I did it on OMV 3. Maybe my advice also works for OMV 4. First you should not edit smb.conf manually. Your changes would be overwritten if you change the…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Problems With Docker.

I couldn't confirm how to remove Docker (and the plugin) safely on the CLI. Using some apt-get commands incorrectly, (with autoremove, --purge, etc.) may come with unintended consequences. ____________________________________________________ Tagging
  • a19901201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x FTP Transfer Logs - Time Wrong.

• doguibnu -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 How to Rsync two OMV-machines.

Hello all! How are you? I have 2 OMV First: still version 2.x working since 2015 Second: version 4.1 for backup files from first OMV Today I configured second OMV (version 4.1) as rsync server with LVM mode I did follow Guide and all seems ok but,…
  • Roca45 -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

I used the image transfer.sh/abKmQ/OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz and everything worked great for about 4 days. Now the web GUI will not load and anything i do in ssh i get Segmentation fault. The raid is still working. I can read and write to it…
  • Safidk -

Replied to the thread Ssd for config files..

Quote from Shinobi: “Its actually quite simple. Technodadlife made a video which i just followed... Simple process, but its up to you ” Hmm.. Can you give me the name of the video?
  • patman2097 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 x353a singleport 40gbe card help.

I have but the mellanox site is a bit of a mess to be honest. Found a link to mellanox linux drivers but couldnt quite figure out what to do and needed help. community.mellanox.com/s/artic…-install-mlnx-ofed-driver Do OMV users usually have to download…
  • niemer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Trouble with reverse proxy access to OMV WebUI with Traefik.

Is there something that needs to be enabled in OMV that could be causing the bad gateway? I've modified my servers.toml a few different ways with no luck.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 x353a singleport 40gbe card help.

Have you looked around on the maker's web site?
  • patman2097 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 x353a singleport 40gbe card help.

Thread
    Ive just purchased one of these cards and installed into my OMV. OMV didnt recognise the card in either web gui or CLI, Iv serached online but cant seem to find an answer i) if this card is compatiable at all in OMV ii) is there and sort of guide…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Containers updated with "volumes from" filled in are being lost by Watchtower.

Quote from inmyTEEPEE: “I was thinking about switching from v2tec/watchtower to containrrr/watchtower to see if it makes a difference. ” This got me thinking as v2tec was on github but no more, in the docker hub for v2tec click on the link Please report…
  • rosszx10r -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x another slow SMb question.

Thread
    im running OMV on exsi with a couple of drives, all works ok but my SMB tranfer speeds are crazy slow im taking 300kb what am i doing wrong? im bit of noob but know some basic linux. any help would be great bit of back ground SMB PC to PC over wirless…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Zyxel NAS 520 won't boot anymore.

- connect monitor, mouse and keyboard - login as root - type "omv-firstaid" - try to configure the network adapters and look for errors
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Trying to delete files, leads to read-only file system..??.

Quote from TheLostSwede: “This helps me how? ” If you have a drive going south, that would explain odd errors in SNAPRAID and the file system going read only. SMART stat's might give you an indicator of drive health.
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS system.

More external links, "explaining things" and deflecting for the simple reality of the "experimental" message in RED in dmeg. How typical and what a strange world to live in. (On the other hand, maybe it's a colorful place with pink elephants and…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hd-idle still with UUID use?.

• inmyTEEPEE -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Watchtower and panic.

Quote from Pentothal: “Hi everyone I installed, via docker, watchtower. Not knowing it, I panicked when I saw all my containers disappear, but after a while they reappeared, not all, three hours passed now and they are no longer visible sonarr and…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Read what I said. I didn't say it had anything to do with OMV 5.x. I said I don't want to do it. I mentioned OMV 5.x because it is more important for me to spend my time on it and I don't even want to do that. ” Sorry,…
  • davosian -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ekent: “Does that mean that the whole setup SBC and drives would be powered by the one power supply? If so, what would that power supply look like?Thanks :) ” I use one 12V 20A PSU, without a fan, to power 6 HC2, a Netgear GS316 GbE switch,…
  • davosian -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from sirleon: “It looks like the most users in this thread are happy with the HC2. Is this a sign of an reliable SATA-USB-Bridge implementation which i can use with btrfs? ” I'm not entirely sure. I'm using various devices with JMS578 (the…