Recent Activities

• table681 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Slow speeds.

Quote from crashtest: “@table681 he's giving you good advice. Provider "required" equipment covers a very wide range. It can be quite good, like a fritz!box, or it's a piece of "low bidder" heavily locked down junk, like the ADSL router I have. With…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Jackett downloads/blackhole directory not working.

no feedback or ideas? i realized that I'm actually missing the "save to server blackhole" button. It is an upwards arrow and it only shows, when i go to jackett web UI, scroll down to "manual download to blackhole directory" and input something there.…
  • crashtest -

Quote from geaves: “I have been a BT customer for longer than I can remember. ” And that is a very l-o-n-g time. Sorry @geaves , I couldn't resist. :D ________________________________________ @table681 he's giving you good advice. Provider "required"…
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?.

I haven't looked at the forum in a few days and missed your question. I agree with everything crashtest said. Snapraid provides parity and bitrot protection, so EXT4 is really the way to go with Snapraid. I didn't know about the recommended command…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transmission-openvpn changes the IP for the whole server.

Forward the ports for transmission-vpn? I've used haugene/transmission-vpn a while and have never had that problem.. but I rarely use host and almost always customize my ports.
  • KM0201 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Alternatives to RAID 1 for redundancy with mixed drive pool?.

Like (Post)
    How about using Rsync for a disk-to-disk copy and getting some actual backup. RAID1 does nothing for backup. A data disaster or other issue is replicated instantly to the second disk. That's the nature of RAID1 - lose one disk and there's a good chance…
  • esteid -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Transmission-openvpn changes the IP for the whole server.

Thread
    Hi, I used Techno Dad's tutorial on setting up OpenVPN and Transmission. When I use host networking to set it up and start the container the whole server then has the network change and then I loose all of my port forwards for this machine. For example…
  • geaves -

Quote from table681: “Like I said is there anyway I can test the speed by plugging the NAS into my computer ” Not worth the effort! I'm guessing you are in the UK as you are using a Plusnet Hub One, this is nothing more than a rebadged BT Home Hub…
  • table681 -

It says Speed: 1000Mb/s And the other device I have connected is an Imac 2019 so I highly doubt this is the problem. On top of this I have also tried a windows computer and that output similar speeds. Like I said is there anyway I can test the speed by…
  • Chikorita -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “Unfortunately @crashtest loves to sabotage development work ” You must be a complete freaking idiot - incapable of being able to distinguishing between reality and these pitiful little fantasies. :) How do I sabotage "development"…
  • geaves -

Quote from table681: “As far as I understand all it does it test the maximum speed between the two devices ” It tests the maximum available bandwidth, your output is less than 100Mb so something is wrong, in the GUI of OMV go to Diagnostics -> System…
  • table681 -

Quote from geaves: “Do you understand the output of the test? ” As far as I understand all it does it test the maximum speed between the two devices I had previously done this test and that was why I was asking the forums for help. Is there anyway I…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Keine Möglichkeit autoshutdown zu installieren.

Jetzt habe ich mir soviel Mühe mit meiner Signatur gemacht .... openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/plugins.html :)
  • Nefertiti -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x DNLA give me empty folder on the server.

Like (Post)
    service minidlna restart But please revise owner & permission, I have simmilar problem, and dissapear when use "users" as default group Source Code (13 lines)
  • diyprojectz -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Alternatives to RAID 1 for redundancy with mixed drive pool?.

Like (Post)
    How about using Rsync for a disk-to-disk copy and getting some actual backup. RAID1 does nothing for backup. A data disaster or other issue is replicated instantly to the second disk. That's the nature of RAID1 - lose one disk and there's a good chance…
  • diyprojectz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Alternatives to RAID 1 for redundancy with mixed drive pool?.

@crashtest you're right, rsync might be a better solution for me, allowing more flexibility and space in my particular scenario where I don't really need to provide redundancy for part of the data - and I definitely will be satisfied by speeds of single…
  • ottoking -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Docker update and all broken :(.

Like (Post)
    Quote from ottoking: “Cannot install version 4.1.5. What now? ” Try the apt clean button in omv-extras. You have old packages in your lists.
  • ottoking -

Replied to the thread Docker update and all broken :(.

That did the trick, now it's fixed, docker-gui running. Thx aaron
  • andhii07 -

Replied to the thread Power Saving - audio disable.

There are no Options to disable the sound in the bios. What are other possiblities to reduce the power consumption?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread RK3399 cron job issue at reboot.

Quote from peguerosdc: “/sharedfolders/sys/activate_fan.sh ” Sharedfolders are not mounted executable. Either put the script somewhere that is executable (like /usr/local/bin/) or change your sharedfolder to be executable (search the forum for that).