Recent Activities

• grokov -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Purpose of adding network interface.

Cheeky. :P Some motherboards have the ability to restore old/default settings after unsuccessful modifications/overclocks. I wondered if OMV might have a similar functionality. That would be a cool feature! Technically, an inaccessible device isn't a…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Agricola: “..........but I think it would be much simpler to have all of your media on one disk. ” Some of us have large collections that span many disks. I have 6 disks that contain media - 27TB and growing. But it did start with one…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Plex is very sensitive to permissions. If your media's ownership and permissions are not consistent with Plex's requirements, you will never be able to create libraries.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SMB icon is empty on the MAC OS.

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV don't shows up in windows 10 explorer.

As a start, this might help -> How-To Whether it works for you or not, please post again (one way or the other). The Windows dev's may be up to something new.
  • RedpaX -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SMB icon is empty on the MAC OS.

Quote from votdev: “Quote from RedpaX: “yes! its work! OMV5 should not use model = MacSamba in new versions, this is not correct! Correct TimeCapsule or Xserve ” But this is the default that is Samba also using. I can not test it because i do not…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Best Image for Raspberry Pi 4.

I use the "official" RPi4 image for OMV 4 and I have had no problems at all. Very stable. But I don't use it for anything demanding either. Just backups. I don't use a USB hub. I do use a FLIRC case for cooling. I use a 32GB SanDisk A1 SD card. I don't…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Please wait ... Apply configuration changes.

I am using 4.1.27-1 according to the system information page. My system shouldn't be too slow. I'm running 2x e5-2670. imgur.com/a/y5m6XhB On another note, should I be upgrading to 5.x?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HDD's not mounting in OMV.

I run RPi4 with the standard 4 OMV image, a dual bay Startech powered external hard drive enclosure with two 8TB drives in mergerfs configuration. Extremely stable and boring. As I like it. Just works. Very happy with it. Flirc case. I turn it on when I…
  • moreje -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV don't shows up in windows 10 explorer.

Thread
    Hi, I'm running Windows 10 insiders...so it is up to date. I noticed that wsdd is more and more buggy since few weeks, don' t know if it's OMV or Windows related... in OMV 4... it has been fixed, and all went fine.. but now I have several issues: -Acces…
  • joemcnierney -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HDD's not mounting in OMV.

I cannot get any HDDs or flashdrives, no matter the file system to mount. Im on a pi-3 and i have noticed some errors at boot related to mounting. Ive also made sure that im up to date. 5.46 Experimental. Had the same problem on the stable release the…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 2.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 2.x -> 4.x failed (502 Bad Gateway).

Quote from pinkhyori: “How can I do a fresh install in the current state? Will I lose any data in doing so? ” Surely you made multiple backups before you started to mess with the NAS? If not, then sure. You can lose all your data. Easy. I'd just…
  • RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

I think I'm understanding it more now. I'll come back to this if/when I need to Bind another volume. I have a Plex Lifetime Pass and I'm signed into my account on my laptop. I also tried on my AppleTV 4k but it won't show anything in the libraries yet…
  • gderf -

Quote from Agricola: “..........but I think it would be much simpler to have all of your media on one disk. ” Some of us have large collections that span many disks. I have 6 disks that contain media - 27TB and growing. But it did start with one…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Folder Backups.

I mean I’m just a dumb old retired truck driver. If the OP can’t do it then he’s ... Well, let’s stop there. :whistling:
  • Agricola -

You can have all of your media folders be subfolders under one shared folder (Media) on just one disk, say a 4Tb disk. You may have a special situation where you want different media types each on its own separate disk (or I may have misunderstood your…
  • ofh -

Replied to the thread dpkg-deb: error:.

Thanks for reply Here is the output: root@openmediavault:~# du -d1 -h -x / 12M /etc 12K /media 344K /root 160K /opt 16K /lost+found 4.0K /lib64 4.0K /sharedfolders 13M /bin 613M /var 4.0K /mnt 446M /boot 16K …
  • Quote from kirkdis: “I would choose V4 over 5 ” Hi kirkdis, At last I have succeeded installing omv5 on Nanopim4v2 with 2 sata hdds using armbian 5.99 minimal image developed by remarkable gurus from here on an Armbian forum. Others who have purchased…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Recycle bin auto-delete not working.

Quote from votdev: “The SMB recycle bin cleanup issue in OMV5 is fixed in openmediavault 5.1.3, see github.com/openmediavault/open…a51e03235f3dcd30013ed4fe6. ” Thanks for this.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread NOOB question for PLEX users.

I am not worried about saving money so I do not spin down drives. My OMV machine runs 24/7/365. I would think the lag due to spinning up could be on the order of ten seconds. My belief is that spinning up and down frequently adds more wear than leaving…