Recent Activities

• mcconkeyb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Monitoring: missing disk IO statistic values since update 4.19.0-0.bpo.1.

I've this same problem. The 'Disk IO' graphs stopped working back in 2018, and I've ignored it for a long time. Today, I've executed all of the solutions provided here and on another thread in this forum. But now that I've got the updates done, all of…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV ejects(?) volume.

I think the problem is that the RPi4 doesn't have enough power to support the HDD. This is a very common problem with the RPi4. That and using NTFS. Get a powered HDD or a powered USB hub.
  • David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot Restart FTP Server.

I'm just going to poke @ryecoaaron since he's a master at fixing things like this.
  • Togna Balogna -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Pi Password Automatically Changes After Installing OMV on Raspberry Pi 4B.

Sweet. Adding the pi user to the SSH group was super easy. I appreciate the advice from both of you. If I would have read the guide you posted, I wouldn't have even had this problem. Generally, I'm a bit better with software like this, but most of Linux…
  • thedarkness -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) [How to] Set an email sender for OMV emails.

Quote from votdev: “As said and shown, postfix is already configured to handle such situations. The question now is why it does not work. ” Hey, just wanted to let you know the issue does not occur any more. Cron jobs are now received with the sender
  • Revers62 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) best way for update portainer to version 1.23.1 ?.

Thread
    Hello All ! I want to know how you updated portainer to version 1.23.1?
  • Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Way to migrate a drive from ext4 to btrfs in OMV?.

Thread
    Hi btrfs-convert can convert an ext4 drive into a btrfs one, but on an unmounted drive. What's the best way to proceed with OMV? With OMV running, to force unmount from a shell (umount -force), call btrfs-convert then change drive type in…
  • Nas-turally -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x btrfs (and zfs) slow?.

Thread
    Hi I'm using btrfs on a dedicated drive holding lxd containers, and I am today thinking to also migrate my data and backup drives from ext4 to btrfs. Yet, I read several benchmarks notably those of phoronix.com (
  • vaultluke -

Replied to the thread Shared folder passwords forgotten.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “As @macom has written log out / log in or a reboot are proven methods in Windows to solve a lot of strange problems. Did you have done this already? If this doesn´t work you can connect with a SSH client e.g. WinSCP to the…
  • Raistlin666 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV ejects(?) volume.

Thread
    Hey guys, I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB) with OMV 4.1.34-1 I have a Seagate Expansion 2,5" HDD connected via USB 3.0 After setting up a file system and copying the files back on the HDD (from my Windows PC), the system worked a few days. Now the Pi…
  • kapsel2105 -

Replied to the thread Problem after web login....

Yes. Login and password are fine. Another password causes an incorrect password message. after logging in does not go further, this should be the OMV control panel.
  • hrseldon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Pihole Web interface doesn't load anymore.

Thread
    I'm running OWM4 on Raspbery Pi3b+ . I installed Pihole docker "Techno Dad Life"'s setup guide a few months ago and it was working fine. All of a sudden web interface doesn't load anymore. I didn't make any changes on the docker image. I deleted the…
  • LynnReid -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Copying fromexternal drive to ovm share.

Thread
    Hi...I want to copy around 200Gb from an external drive to a share, which is also on a USB external drive. When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive. I would like to know how to set these permissions to copy…
  • ette -

Replied to the thread TimeMachine wie?.

Hi WastlJ, könntest du mal erzählen, wie man das stabil einrichtet?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Problem after web login....

Make sure you login with the user name: admin Default password is: openmediavault
  • kapsel2105 -

Posted the thread Problem after web login....

Thread
    Hello. After logging in to the www panel, I receive something like this: Error #5004: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid user' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:167 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(31):…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Pi Password Automatically Changes After Installing OMV on Raspberry Pi 4B.

• crashtest -

Do you follow the -> R-PI build guide ? I built the latest Raspbian Buster lite image (02/05/20), according to this guide, with no issues. Did you check your router to see if the IP address for the R-PI changed? It can happen, during the build, after a…
  • Togna Balogna -

Ahhh ok. I would be creating that user within the OMV web interface then, yeah? I don't remember this happening when I installed on my Pi 3, so this totally threw me off.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Can't extract (restore) Borg Backup.

Have you rebooted your system? There seems to be an issue with omv-engined.