Recent Activities

• ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox On OMV 4.

If you install proxmox, you can then make OMV VM with passthrough disk.
  • kirkdis -

Posted the thread NanoPi M4 Diskstation NAS.

Thread
    I wanted to share my build with you guys. It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board. find more information on my website www.scheisser.net and the model files at thingiverse.com
  • reagle -

Replied to the thread Hardware RAID1 and system+data on a single drive for easy maintanence?.

Thanks for the response! Is there anything that would let me make a bootable clone without having to take the system down? I don't care about mistakenly deleted files, snapshots, etc. When a disk fails, I want to fall-back to clone, replace fail,…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Proxmox On OMV 4.

thanks for your return But if I install Proxmox (or Vpshere) I find myself with the incapacity to access my local data from my machine from my VMs is currently the problem that I encounter :/
  • michalhainc -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

So I take it back... it disconnected again... but its happening way less..
  • diego -

Replied to the thread ZFS with Proxmox and OMV.

Replied to the thread OMV create raid5 without partitions - bad or good practice ?.

@Methy, I don't really see the point of using LVM+RAID+{your filesystem of choice} instead of ZFS. Have you considered it?
  • diego -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x DuckDNS docker, or a simple cron to update?.

IMHO using docker for running a simple task like updating a dynamic dns is overkill. I've used dyndns several years ago, and ran the updates via cron job.
  • danzirulez -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x General concept around shares and samba.

Quote from subzero79: “Quote from danzirulez: “oh, ok, I see. I will use one big folder then per drive :) /sharedfolders/ |-- ShareONE | `-- AppData | |-- Emby | |-- Jackett | |-- Radarr | |-- Sonarr | `-- Transmission `-- ShareTWO |--…
  • Coxeroni -

Replied to the thread Easiest upgrade path for new containers?.

For piwigo I might be able to help further, since I already employed it on my VPS using docker-compose, at least for testing. So if you run into trouble, just let me/us know.
  • MightyMo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Accessing sharedfolders.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Through a combination of your responses I came to realize that I configured my setup incorrectly and really needed to back up and regroup. I'm guessing I could have done that with the current install, but decided to…
  • Gretchen -

Replied to the thread Easiest upgrade path for new containers?.

Thank you all. I will go with your suggestions to stay with OMV 4 and use docker-compose for Piwigo. If I encounter anything worth noting I will update you here.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

NO, DLNA only works on local LAN, not in internet.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive very slow while writing, very fast while reading?.

There are huge differences between different USB/SATA interfaces. Some work fine with windows but are very bad with Linux. Things like cables or USB hubs sometimes can also have a big influence. The fact that one HDD is OK, but the other isn't, seem to…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

I suspect you need to hack it yourself. As far as I know there is no method published. Most likely because there is very little purpose in doing this. Get a high quality SD card instead and make sure not to install anything that do a lot of writes to the…
  • rutenrudi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive very slow while writing, very fast while reading?.

Thread
    Hi there, I have an OMV running on a Raspberry Pi 4, it's hooked up with two USB3 harddrives, both LaCie d2 Quadra, one 4TB and the other 6TB. On the 6TB, it's very slow to copy data onto it. I'm using my Win 10 PC and get a speed of around 2-3 MB/s.…
  • matefon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x GParted doesn't launch.

Ok then. I'll do that just for a try and then try to reinstall Debian with minimal programs.
  • djpollum -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Reinstall command will loose my settings?.

Yeah, you're right... Long story short: My OMV 4 on a ODROID XU4 gave to much notices that the load average was too high. By looking at the processes I saw around an 4500 sleeping processes (most of them were 'cron'). A 'helpful friend' ran the command…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from matefon: “I can't try it now, but I think I will: wiki.debian.org/IInstallOpenMediaVaultOnDebian Write you if it works or not. ” Says page doesn't exist. The guide instructions should work just fine (I tested them about an hour ago in…
  • matefon -

I can't try it now, but I think I will: wiki.debian.org/IInstallOpenMediaVaultOnDebian Write you if it works or not.