Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Replied to the thread Raspberry 3b+ Wlan.

Quote from @daschmidt94: “but now my plexmediaserver doesn't work anymore... ” I just assumed you were wanting to set up a backup server out in the chicken coop.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud -- Mass Data Migration (file permissions problem).

have you tried to chown the folder to the user you specified via puid/pgid when setting up the nextcloud docker? did you set puid/pgid? Cause TDL forgot this in his guide.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [Energy Savings] sheduled ON/OFF.

Quote from @gilles_aurejac: “all disks inserted in a OMV setup should have their advanced power management mode set to 127.. ” Could you please explain your reasoning for these three settings in Physical disk properties? I have always wondered what…
  • TheBadFrag -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) FTP won't start/buggy start.

Ok I just did a fresh reboot. Now the FTP is on "red" again and not started. I attached the syslog. I also attached the full errorcode after the first start.(by hand)
  • TheBadFrag -

What should I look for in the syslog? This here is the whole syslog: Source Code (27 lines)I attached the omv-salt as .txt because is was over 10000 :D
  • wonderbiscut -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [Energy Savings] sheduled ON/OFF.

I have been looking to do something similar but on a daily basis. Shutting down was the easy bit, but thanks to your hard work and easy to follow guide, I now can get the server started again. Thank you.
  • wonderbiscut -

Liked gilles_aurejac’s post in the thread OMV 4.x [Energy Savings] sheduled ON/OFF.

Like (Post)
    Hello OMV community, I'm sorry, I'm a long time user of Openmediavault and never took the time to register before now. I own a little repair shop in france. I use OMV for years and really love it. I also tried others NAS alternatives including…
  • HannesJo -

Posted the thread OMV Failed to execute command.

Thread
    Tried to change privileges of a folder and got the following error. HDD is still mounted and okay. All the shared folders on it are accessible. Any ideas? Source Code (19 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10.

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I had to use Sudo Su, when I used logged in from Putty. ” Which changes you to root and that is mandatory. You could also do: wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | sudo bash Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Are you running OM…
  • votdev -

Quote from TheBadFrag: “When I start it by hand it still gives me the same error on the first try. On the second try it starts. ” Can not reproduce this. Can you provide more information, e.g. syslog output or something else that might help to…
  • TheBadFrag -

I use the FTP server to share data with all my friends so I need to be able to set permissions for each user differently. I need to control bandwidth usage as well. When I can find a tutorial about that SFTP on SSH I give it a try and see if I can make…
  • gderf -

Well, you aren't going to see anything about it in the SSH tab. You can configure SFTP by hand in the SSH tab under Extra options, this is how I do it, but it takes some experience or to be willing to learn this. Since the SFTP server is running…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Is OMV extras working for the raspberry pi? ” Yep. It works on all systems.Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Got Extras installed by sudo su. ” What command did you try first? I assume it isn't the…
  • TheBadFrag -

?( :D My SSH tab doesn't say anything about a FTP server and gives me no options. Sorry if I sound dumb but this is my very first time with Linux and OMV. :/ ...I used SSH to connect with PuTTY and I installed OMV-Extras so SSH works at least. :D
  • PimpMyNAS -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup - Backup doesn’t start automatically.

I was under the impression that usbbackup would continuously keep my shared folders synced with my external drive. It works fine manually, but that's it. If I keep the drive attached I it doesn't sync automatically. Am I doing something wrong? (I don't…
  • gderf -

I'm not talking about using the FTP server. An SFTP server is already built into OMV via the SSH service.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread What happened with my apt?.

Remove insserv with apt-get purge insserv Quote from DHGE: “you could force this via dpkg (although the error message sounds weird to me looking at the version numbers) ” No. Don't do this.
  • TheBadFrag -

What do you mean by that? The encryption works just fine when the server is running. The problem is that the whole FTP server doesn't even start after a OMV reboot. It doesn't matter if I turn any encryption on or off.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe.

Quote from HannesJo: “Sorry but could you explain that? I would think it should be at least 200...250 MB/s/Disc ” Explain what? That is how fast spinning hard drives are. Definitely not 200-250 MB unless they are a 15k rpm sas drive. Where did you…
  • gderf -

Is there some reason you can not use SFTP instead?