Recent Activities

• crackjack -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “OMV lacks the documentation on the sorta things I am looking for though I could of just missed it. ” Between the guide forum forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Board/29-Guides/, the info in the forum itself, and the readthedocs…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x New build will not boot post install.

Take a look at your manual and see what the beep you heard means. asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450%20Pro4/#Manual
  • cabrio_leo -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x How to re-add a drive that didnt show when omv first started up.

Like (Post)
    Quote from rnutter: “that is what I am looking for help with. ” TBH without appearing condescending you won't get any, using a raid option with usb drives is a bad idea, creating one on a Pi even more so, using a powered usb hub does not negate the…
  • Huberer -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10.

Thread
    Hello, I normally install OMV via command line after installation of Debian. I need it because during installation of Debian I can format my big system-drive in several partitions. According to this how-to I did it with OMV4 Source Code (10 lines)But…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Network DNS/ping problem.

Like (Post)
    Two possibilities, as I see it: 1. Some hardware problem. The NIC is bad? The port in the switch is bad? Network cabel is bad? 2. IP clash. The OMV box has the same IP as some other device. Or possibly, some other device has the same IP as the OMV…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS plugin is present for OVM5?.

Like (Post)
    Or use the proxmox kernel.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Dyfcom: “And for my plan, the Rpi4 is the way to go. ” The Pi4 has improved and caught up with other SBC's, there is a Pi4 image for OMV, but some are experiencing mixed results, this channel has been doing some testing regarding the Pi4's…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “OMV lacks the documentation on the sorta things I am looking for though I could of just missed it. ” Between the guide forum forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Board/29-Guides/, the info in the forum itself, and the readthedocs…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flex TV (Phlex) for Plex Media Server.

Did you look at the github. You don't have to host it. github.com/d8ahazard/FlexTV WEB-ONLY VERSION What's that? You wish someone would just host Flex TV for you? You don't feel like messing around with webservers and port forwarding and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

I have my RPi4 in a flirc case and it helps the temps but I don't think the RPi4 should be the first choice for a NAS. I have a lot of SBC boards and I would still pick the Nano Pi M4 with sata hat over all the others.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

• crackjack -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from crackjack: “use ZFS but doesnt use it natively ” If you use the Debian kernel, a zfs kernel module will be built using dkms. This module is just as native as any other Linux filesystem. If you use the Proxmox…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Like (Post)
    Quote from crackjack: “use ZFS but doesnt use it natively ” If you use the Debian kernel, a zfs kernel module will be built using dkms. This module is just as native as any other Linux filesystem. If you use the Proxmox kernel (install with…
  • geaves -

Quote from Dyfcom: “And for my plan, the Rpi4 is the way to go. ” The Pi4 has improved and caught up with other SBC's, there is a Pi4 image for OMV, but some are experiencing mixed results, this channel has been doing some testing regarding the Pi4's…
  • uaytac -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Network DNS/ping problem.

My network consist 1 pc, 1 omv and 3 android phone. if OVM is online or connected to router, then problem starts. I tried all combination, and found only problem caused by OMV. I changed 3 different router/modem, a few cable, changed ip. Nothing was…
  • Dyfcom -

Quote from geaves: “ :) The answer is in my signature, but setting up a raid on usb is simply a bad idea. ” you got me ;) Quote from geaves: “ Use 2 USB3 powered drives, use one for your data and the other to run rsync to copy your data from the first…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from crackjack: “use ZFS but doesnt use it natively ” If you use the Debian kernel, a zfs kernel module will be built using dkms. This module is just as native as any other Linux filesystem. If you use the Proxmox kernel (install with…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS plugin is present for OVM5?.

• geaves -

Quote from Dyfcom: “To back up my data automatically? ” :) The answer is in my signature, but setting up a raid on usb is simply a bad idea. Use 2 USB3 powered drives, use one for your data and the other to run rsync to copy your data from the first…
  • Adoby -

A nice first step could be to get a 4GB RPi4, a GbE switch and a good BIG external HDD for backups. Don't use RAID. RAID is nice if you REALLY need >99.99% uptime on a web site or big corporate server and have staff that can quickly fix broken drives.…