Recent Activities

• Rd65 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Zugriff auf Multimedia / Receiver.

Bei mir läuft eine Gigablue quadplus auf OpenATV (es geht aber auch jede andere Distribution) incl. Platte mit nfs und samba Fileserver Diensten, in omv nutze ich das omv remote-mount plugin um mir das Share vom Receiver erst im Nas einzubinden, um es…
  • mac4rfree85 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Unable to find docker-gui in plugins.

Thanks bro. I installed portrainer and started transmission.. but when i installed piehole in another container, my OMV ip is getting replaced as pihole for some reason. Do i need to create a separate thread? Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x nextcloud error updating.

Update instructions: docs.nextcloud.com/server/16/a…/maintenance/upgrade.html How to use the Nextcloud command line interface (occ) inside docker: github.com/nextcloud/docker Hope that helps
  • macom -

Replied to the thread How to get data off my RAID.

RAID with drives connected via USB is disabled in OMV. You have to mount the RAID using the CLI.
  • Cori -

Replied to the thread How to get data off my RAID.

So the Raspi doesn't have enough power to power those external drives. You will need to use a powered USB hub. Raspi has some issues with loading the drivers late on the USB hub so you should wait until after it boots and gets network before you plug in…
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

Yes,you will be,if the kernel has support for your network card(as here it should).
  • Cori -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Deleting Shared Folder wiped all my data!!.

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Cori: “You didn't manually move your mount point, before doing all that. Give that a shot? ” Why would I do that, the system works as it is, you change something like the mount point you not only have to change OMV's…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Unable to find docker-gui in plugins.

There will be not docker-gui plugin for OMV5. Now portainer is used to manage docker on OMV. Portainer is a docker itself and can be installed from omv-extras in OMV5
  • Rd65 -

Replied to the thread OMV server stop responding on network while copying.

use debian netinstall (stretch with backport or buster) in all subscriptions (main non-free contrib), then add omv repo to sources list, install and update omv. ready, steady, go. its documeted here openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…stallation/on_debian.html
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x plex enabled but not showing in services.

Check you system date and time. Also enable NTP and add a server e.g. pool.ntp.org
  • mac4rfree85 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Unable to find docker-gui in plugins.

Thread
    Hi, I have installed OMV and installed docker via OMV-extras. I can see the docker is installed and running. But i am not able to find the docker-gui in OMV-Extras. I still downloaded .deb file and uploaded but it is throwing error. Can you guys…
  • djres79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter.

Quick question, will I be able to access my system remotely after switching to proxmox kernel? I'm currently out of state, but definitely want to get this working so others can find the right answer
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Is it possible to update plex (Not docker) ?.

@macom wrote this [How-To] on Plex. You will hurt his feelings if you don’t try it. forum.openmediavault.org/index…g-OMV-and-docker-compose/ There are several other related guides In the Guides section of this forum. They go together and should be read…
  • leonid -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x I can't use personal network on webGUI (--network my-net).

Like (Post)
    NO. you need to create the container without --network my-net and once is created and working , then you can change on the network tab. PD: Is annoying but developers do not want to correct because docker pluging do not exist on upcoming OMV5.
  • WindyHill -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Getting NUT to work with Tripp lite UPS.

Thread
    I installed OMV and like what I see! Was able to get shares up and running as well as the FTP server. However, I choked on the UPS support. Unfortunately, I purchased a Tripp Lite SMART1300LCDT UPS, which does not seem to be directly supported by NUT. …
  • dddddddddddddddd -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x plex enabled but not showing in services.

@macom ok so, omv-firstaid helped. Back on the web interface and also resolved the previous "could not resolve host" issues. got another error for you though... :) Err:36 download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch/stable amd64 Packages server…
  • warhawk8080 -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer.

Like (Post)
    Now the media share is setup and should be showing on your Windows Network. This last part applies to Windows machines. If someone wants to add information for other operating systems they can do that. 8 ) Before you get on your Windows machine make…
  • warhawk8080 -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer.

Like (Post)
    OK, now how to do it the right way.... 1) Go to Access Rights Managment then Shared Folders (Pic4) 2) Click on Add (Pic5) 3) Put "media" in the Name field and press TAB. This will automatically populate the Path field. Then select the volume (data…
  • warhawk8080 -

Like (Post)
    The first thing I am going to show here is something that has caused a lot problems for users. This is not how you want to make a media share. Many users have shared the root of their data drives. This really is stupid. When you create a share at the…
  • warhawk8080 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved Plex can't see folders.