Recent Activities

• Rd65 -

Replied to the thread Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed.

A lot of external Disks (via USB) use controllers (USB2SATA Bridges) which hide features of the disk and may use own (firmware depended) timeouts. its logic.. you use an usblink.. not sata... only the backend between controller and disk is…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Quote from Glider_bum: “For a home user this should be the most important feature of a Raid array - the redudancy gives one second chance to backup important data. Without redundancy will data (most likely) be lost when a drive dies. ” The thing is,…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Letsencrypt Docker error.

Its enough to connect them ... docker internal dns will do the rest
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

You should be able to pick out what you need by running: tree /dev/disk -a Or you can look at OMV's Storage | Disks page.
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Quote from henfri: “Go to my pre previous Post and digest it. Ask Questions until you have fully understood. ” What is the method to properly identify whether a drive is sdb or sdc or ??? What I have in there now is a spinning original 1TB drive with…
  • JayKay -

Thanks. Is it enough to connect it to the letsencrypt container or is there an ip needed?
  • Glider_bum -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Glider_bum: “It is still running! ” The purpose of your rant is what? Did you actually read the thread, obviously if a Raid option fits your purpose that's fine and the fact that you backup better still.The thread was…
  • shazster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Logitech Media Server Docker Install.

Thread
    Trying to muddle my way through an install of Logitech Media Server & Have chosen this Docker as it seems to be the most utilized...(therefore I ASSUME the least problematic): github.com/larsks/docker-image-logitech-media-server Has anyone managed to…
  • geaves -

Quote from Glider_bum: “It is still running! ” The purpose of your rant is what? Did you actually read the thread, obviously if a Raid option fits your purpose that's fine and the fact that you backup better still. The thread was about using a Raid…
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Samba password never works..

Very strange, I tried basically everything in the guide,even did run Windows system file checker. No change at the end I decided to install SSHFS for Windows since I was looking for a way to connect to OMV just after the install I recreated new map…
  • Glider_bum -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Scorpion3d: “Ok so the reason I want Raid 5 is I want some sense of recovery ” There is no 'sense of recovery' in a Raid 5 only one drive can fail so you have a failed drive, you get a new one, set it up add it to the…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Cronjob hinzufügen.

docker exec -it nextcloud bash und dort das ganze in cron einfügen ?! Wäre eine Idee, keine Ahnung ob es geht.
  • Mumbedeus -

Replied to the thread Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep mergerfs grep 33cac946b547 /proc/mounts ” Thank you for helping! :) This is the output: Source Code (2 lines)Source Code (2 lines)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS section in the Storage section?.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “ZFS in no basic component of OMV. The functionality is delivered by the ZFS plugin. Therefore new features have to be added to the plugin. The problem is that the original maintainer seems not to be available anymore for bigger…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected".

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep mergerfs grep 33cac946b547 /proc/mounts
  • Blackserver -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker Cronjob hinzufügen.

Thread
    Ich habe die Nextcloud in einem Docker-Image laufen. Jetzt habe ich die App 'Preview Generator' entdeckt. Damit können die Vorschaubilder genriert werden. Es gibt zwei Möglichkeiten das Generieren anzustossen: - manuell - per Cronjob. Manuell ist das…
  • Morlan -

The guide is outdated. Remove the --network my-net. Then attach the container manually to the my-net network in the network tab of the docker gui
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS section in the Storage section?.

Quote from warhawk8080: “Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly? ” ZFS in no basic component of OMV. The functionality is delivered by the…
  • kimbaz -

Replied to the thread Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed.

Hi Rd65, thanks for your reply. It looks like hdparm does not support my external hdd. When I execute it in the shell I get the 'bad/missing sense data'. Also the smart query returns that my disk does not support write cache; The strange thing is; when…
  • hoppel118 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Thanks guys! I do not plan to upgrade. :) Regards Hoppel