Recent Activities

• pug_ster -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker on SD card.

Before doing this, you might want to put a delay to startup your docker by 30 seconds. forum.openmediavault.org/index…V5-Pi4-This-might-fix-it/ Afterwards, you can move your contents to your usb drive. I created a share and dump the data into…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

Quote from Gst: “I just have made a Backup. ” :thumbsup: Well there are 2 options, because at present I can't find why the raid will not stop; 1. From Storage -> Disks wipe /dev/sdd, then File Systems and format that drive the same as the raid which is ext4,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Update OMV4 or OMV5.

Quote from draddy: “ut omv5 is "beta" how far away from stable? ” I consider it at the release candidate stage. Quote from draddy: “'m right with omv5 will just go "final" from the beta without reinstall when final is released? ” Yes I would…
  • montrey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Quote from KM0201: “If you can't even update libraries, then something else is going on. My first thought is a permission issue somewhere, but as I said I do not use Plex, so I can't be much help here ” My mistake. i just removed a folder out of a…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

There are a few good scripts out there and I strongly suggest using one after carefully configuring it. The part of these scripts that will keep you out of trouble is the one that will refuse to run a sync if the number of missing files exceeds a user…
  • Gst -

• geaves -

Quote from Gst: “no.. ” Worth a try, which is odd considering the drive shows up in blkid. Can you backup what's on that raid, or do you have a backup?
  • draddy -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Update OMV4 or OMV5.

Thread
    hi all, still using omv3 on my nas, but more and more updates fail and problems get more. i'm not a friend of "upgrading" so i plan a fresh install of debian + omv. the big question: omv4 is stable - but - i don't want to install omv4 and in summer it…
  • Trickytea -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Cant connect to OpenVpn.

Thread
    Hi I have built a Pi 4 with OMV 5. I cant get openvpn to connect dont know if i am doing it properly. I have port forwarded on my router 1194 to 10.8.0.0 the default address, is this correct? Or do i use the ip address of the raspberry pi. I have been…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved OMV5 Environment Variables.

Quote from macom: “Seems the GOVERNOR variable is being ignored ” Nope. Just not a perfect grep on my part. /srv/salt/omv/deploy/cpufrequtils/files/cpufrequtils.j2 has this line in it: GOVERNOR="{{ governor }}"
  • Gst -

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved OMV5 Environment Variables.

Something strange with CPUFREQUTILS: grep -r 'default:OMV_CPU' /srv/salt/omv/* | cut -d ":" -f3 | cut -d')' -f1 | sort | uniq gives Source Code (2 lines)/etc/default/openmediavault contains on my system Source Code (3 lines)Seems the GOVERNOR…
  • Some people read the Wall Street Journal over their breakfast coffee. I read the forum. It’s mildly hugely entertaining. :D I have to pay for the WSJ. This is free.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Denied admin access after fail update.

• geaves -

Well that's a start, and it tells us that a drive has been removed, which must be /dev/sdd So back to the GUI, leave Putty alone, Raid Management click recover on the menu bar, does a dialog come up? and does it display /dev/sdd?
  • apveening -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Denied admin access after fail update.

Quote from macom: “You can put the SD card in a Linux laptop/desktop and enable root ssh login. You can use startpage, yahoo or google to find how to to this. After that you can reboot the odroid and login as root. ” And if you don't have a Linux…
  • Gst -

ok I`ll stay on Putty. root@OMVneu:~# mdadm --detail /dev/md127 /dev/md127: Version : 1.2 Creation Time : Fri Sep 16 05:50:43 2016 Raid Level : raid5 Array Size : 5860270080 (5588.79 GiB 6000.92 GB) Used Dev Size : 2930135040…
  • geaves -

what's the output of mdadm --detail /dev/md127
  • Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.
  • Thank you for the comments that you are annoyed. They are very helpful. apt-get purge dhcpcd5 will fix the issue. The install script has been updated.