Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Asus Tinkerboard Image.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installation behind firewall - doesnt work.

normally we have no problems with linux/debian installations, normal http requests and usual ports are not blocked. I dont know, on which point of install it stopped, would have to repeat it to find it out, but dont really want to do it again. Outside…
  • stsinc -

Replied to the thread Asus Tinkerboard Image.

Thank you very much for the response, even if it sounds a bit like a warning ;o)) Overall, within a reasonable price range ($100 and under), what is the hardware you would recommend to build a steady NAS? Maybe you may direct me to a thread in the…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Not Able to Configure Remote Nextcloud.

Well..... The first thing I did was attempt to change the omv port to 5454 in the general -> web admin panel. “Simple enough.” I say to myself. When I saved I got an error message, and it froze up. Had to ssh in with “shutdown -h +0”. Good thing…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID Creation Fails Every Time With Failed to Execute Command On New Installation.

Quote from votdev: “I think the best will be that devices connected via USB are not displayed in the RAID creation dialog anymore. This is very easy to implement. ” This would handle the entire issue completely since, if the problem is distilled down to…
  • pangit99 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x OMV not working after upgrade 3>4.

I checked and I thought they were. How do I remove them now? Is there a way of doing it from the command line?
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

FINALLY!!! All parts are on order and should be here between 12/20 and 12/24/2018 . . . including the 2 each 16gb Samsung drives suggested by gderf plus other advised components from the forum. Gettin' excited now! Thanks everyone. You're all my buddies…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pci-e sata ata card.

While I can't recommend one specifically, LSI usually has a pretty solid reputation for Linux support (they can also get pretty pricey)
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unofficial OMV Theme Changer tool, css themes and UI manipulation.

Quote from macom: “Would be nice to be able to switch for each theme between "condensed" and "normal". ” Not sure what condensed mean to be honest, there is an option that removes the header altogether, probably you are referring to something else…
  • Kai -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Now ready for OS drive choice; M2 - - overkill?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Kai: “Also forum, I hate to throw this into the mix but it came to my mind last night. What if I wanted to get acquainted with Linux - could I install the Linux OS also and have it running with OMV4?…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from Kai: “Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Kai: “Also forum, I hate to throw this into the mix but it came to my mind last night. What if I wanted to get acquainted with Linux - could I install the Linux OS also and have it running with OMV4?…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder.

Quote from M0rpheus: “Just like here now ” That is a browser cache issue. Quote from M0rpheus: “What about the openssh server, what's the best way to choose it? ” Pick the default option.
  • M0rpheus -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x OMV-Remote Desktop-lag-disorder.

Like (Post)
    Quote from M0rpheus: “maybe I installed something wrong or did something wrong / forgotten? ” First of all, use this image as it already has OMV installed - github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux…-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img.xz Then update the system from the updates…
  • M0rpheus -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Then update the system from the updates tab. Then install the remotedesktop plugin from the plugins tab. ” Thank you for your prompt reply Otherwise, everything must be right as I do!?! It has always been like this, when I search…
  • Kai -

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Kai: “Also forum, I hate to throw this into the mix but it came to my mind last night. What if I wanted to get acquainted with Linux - could I install the Linux OS also and have it running with OMV4? Would the Linux OS…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from M0rpheus: “maybe I installed something wrong or did something wrong / forgotten? ” First of all, use this image as it already has OMV installed - github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux…-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img.xz Then update the system from the updates…
  • Adoby -

Liked andrew’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

Like (Post)
    I tried to edit the boot menu, it had vga=788 so I entered a random number and enter key. It then said unknown mode but listed all the modes, I picked 322 as it looked really basic resolution and now I can see the install screens. yay.
  • andrew -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

I tried to edit the boot menu, it had vga=788 so I entered a random number and enter key. It then said unknown mode but listed all the modes, I picked 322 as it looked really basic resolution and now I can see the install screens. yay.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled.

The kernel in the OMV version you install may not support the APU. It is common that kernels in Linux lag behind new hardware a few months. Try to install using SSH as if your computer is headless. Then update at once and reboot. I don't know if an…
  • M0rpheus -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? ” I am failing in this mistake for days. I am desperate and do not trust myself anymore. Please tell me step by step how to install it. To avoid errors. I've just completely…