Recent Activities

• mrandygets -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Lets Encrypt.

Thread
    Hello all. I am very new at OMV. And am having issues with lets encrypt with docker. It says its running. But my emby server says it is not secure. Can someone help me please.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Cannot login to WebGUI after setting up two systems.

Quote from irafone: “I can see the webgui login page, but no way to login ” That means engined is not running and/or the system disk is full. omv-engined -df from the command line will show errors.
  • geaves -

Liked Lif3styl3’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Raid missing after restart.

Like (Post)
    all my critical files are backed up to another raid system. the other raid system is additionally cloud synced.
  • Lif3styl3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Raid missing after restart.

all my critical files are backed up to another raid system. the other raid system is additionally cloud synced.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.2 add hard disk.

Two ways to do this create a second raid 1 array from the 2x6Tb drives or use 1 for data (working drive) then have the second drive as a backup to the first using rsync.
  • geaves -

Quote from Lif3styl3: “it's the most dangerous part within rebuilding of an raid5 due to the chance of an additional disk failure,.... ” :D hence my sig, you need a backup of the files that are important to you.
  • Lif3styl3 -

ok. will be some time after raid is rebuilded. there are still 400minutes left. it's the most dangerous part within rebuilding of an raid5 due to the chance of an additional disk failure,.... i think tomorrom morning i can check if evrything is still ok…
  • vshaulsk -

Replied to the thread OMV, proxmox and Green IT.

I run a proxmox 3 node cluster with several OMV vm's and one freenas VM. My nodes are all dell: one R720xd and two R620's (All my OS disks and disks used for VM's on the hosts are SSD's / NVMe) My systems run 24x7, but I am also a little concerned…
  • geaves -

Quote from Lif3styl3: “hopefully the raid is already there after next reboot without any entry within that file. ” Don't reboot yet, wait for the rebuild then run the following omv-salt deploy run mdadm wait for it to complete there appears to be a delay…
  • Lif3styl3 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Raid missing after restart.

Like (Post)
    mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sde mdadm --add /dev/md127 /dev/sde
  • Lif3styl3 -

currently there is no entry within that file. I've checked that file after i've moved from omv4 to omv5. At this time there was an entry. hopefully the raid is already there after next reboot without any entry within that file.
  • oberfragger -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Installing OMV 5 on Debian 10 minimal install problem.

Thank you KM0201. I got a lot further with you help. So i did the following (in that order: login as su copy & paste Box 1 Source Code (4 lines) copy & paste Box 2 Then i got some warnings and errors. no IPv6 possible and the following:
  • jumpman -

Posted the thread OMV 0.2 add hard disk.

Thread
    Hi and sorry for my bad english. Actually I have 2 Hard disk raid 1 (2 x 3To). If I install 2 others hard disk (2 x 6To), I will have the maximum capacity (2 x 3To + 2 x 6 To) or not (as 2 x 3To + 2 x 3To)? Thanks for yours answers.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry 3b+ Wlan.

OMV doesn't include the drivers/kernel modules for wifi. A OMV NAS over wifi is pretty bad/slow... You can add the drivers with some command line mojo. I recently did this for RPi4, the procedure is similar. Just do a search for something like "OMV…
  • geaves -

Quote from Lif3styl3: “Do u have any clou how the raid is lost? ” None as 5 is beta it could be anything, I'm still not sure why mdadm.conf contains no raid arrays, but neither does mine and my 5 set up is just a test. Ok I've just run a command on…
  • Lif3styl3 -

You are Right. It Changed between the First Execution and the Second one of that command. As u Said its rebuilding now. Thx for your help. Do u have any clou how the raid is lost?
  • geaves -

Quote from Lif3styl3: “sde is my boot disk ” Not according to your first fdisk -l sda is only 465GB drive references can change if a reboot takes place, but it's now rebuilding so all's well.
  • crackjack -

Replied to the thread Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution.

Quote from Adoby: “Quote from crackjack: “If that doesnt make sense to you then all I can say is try put your self in my shoes I cant afford 16tb data center drives that aint happening for a long time. ” The hardware you listed in your first post…
  • Lif3styl3 -

Hi, i've used the mentioned command with sda instead of sde. sde is my boot disk. Error while doing first command. Thought the reason is because its missing anyway. so i've done the the second command and it seems to be working. (Hidden…
  • MarcS -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x motioneye not working.

Hi Technodad, I now switched to Zoneminder - thank you for the great video instructions. I have the Problem that Zoneminder inside Docker takes 2.5 hours (!) to launch but most of the time is spent doing Docker loading I think. Please see my docker log…