Recent Activities

• tinnick -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Why Proxmox VE for zfs?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tinnick: “I've run some tests with "AJA System Test" and "BlackMagic Disk Speed Test" to measure SMB throughput on a 10Gbps NIC and get some unstable performance with the proxmox kernel so I thought I'd try out the…
  • chaosiii -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x External hard drive not showing up in RAID.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from table681: “So just to clarify there is no way I can use external hard drives in a raid array. ” There is no way to create an array from the web interface using usb drives. Quote from table681: “Can I ask why? (I…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Quote from curious1: “Quote from henfri: “dmesg > /dmesg.txt ” Nothing ” You won't see any screen output for this. It was redirected to the file /dmesg.txt
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “dmesg |head ” [ 0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x27, date = 2019-02-26 [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian…
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “dmesg |head ” [ 0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x27, date = 2019-02-26 [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian…
  • KuZu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700.

It's a 2u server. Been looking at a lot of this stuff lately, would seem like the H200 would be a better fit due to how the chassis was designed, the H310 cards ports would be blocked off. Is it easy to flash a card to a different firmware? Any idea…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Please wait ... Apply configuration changes.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too. ” That would make sense I guess since I'm using about 26 disks now. Thanks for letting me know! Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Depends. If your Linux…
  • tannaroo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

i cant connect to openmediavault network at all, so i have just entered the ip address of OMV within file explorer to access. i guess i am doing this wrong?
  • fanex -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NanoPi M4 3-bay or 4-bay MicroNAS 7.7TB+ RAID-storage - most compact and low consumption.

I don't know, does it counts, but I installed OMV5 (and returned to OMV4) on my netgear Stora NAS. Conveniently Netgear stops support this NAS and recommends backup all data and throw device you paid for away. I used single usb port for 8Gb usb…
  • Morlan -

Can't reproduce the issue. Are you connecting to the folder via samba? With which user?
  • Hallo Zusammen Ich bin neu und habe keine Ahnung, soviel zu meinem Ist-Zustand. Ich würde gerne für ein Projekt eine Webseite machen und Videos welche ich auf einem Odroid HC-2 gespeichert habe bzw. auf deren Festplatte und mit OMV läuft, darauf…
  • hen3bosch -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10.

Like (Post)
    1) Update OMV4 to latest version 2) In OMV create a user with a unique name and password, in this example User John with password Doe123 forum.openmediavault.org/index…e8f24812e5a8ef676c108a497 3) Assign this user to group sambashare (and if you want…
  • geaves -

Quote from KuZu: “MS? ” Microsoft, either Microsoft Sever or Windows 10. Quote from KuZu: “What do you reckon I get and put into the R710? ” Another Dell Perc card that has been or can be flashed to IT Mode, there is a Reddit thread here in essence the…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x problems setting up NAS.

How did you give the RPi a fixed ip before installing it? And why? Try installing with just plain DHCP.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread AMD vs Intel for 50TB NAS build.

The biggest advantages of Intel is that it support Hardware transcoding under linux with the integrated GPU. Plex only support AMD hardware transcoding on Windows. You still can buy a cheap nvidia card and use it for hardware transcoding. In that case I…
  • Cees -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x problems setting up NAS.

Thread
    I have imaged an SD with the 4.x version of OpenMediaVault and have been trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi. I have seen quite a few installation videos on Youtube but as soon as I try to connect with the Raspberry via its internal ip address I can't…
  • KuZu -

MS? Alright, so no matter the NAS OS you go with, you would need some form of using software raid? What do you reckon I get and put into the R710? Live in South Africa and we do not really have free access to this kind of stuff via Ebay, Amazon, etc…
  • Blabla -

Posted the thread Can't access to my NAS if NordVPN is up.

Thread
    Hi, I'm trying NordVPN on my NAS. I followed the official guid and it's working fine. The biggest issue is that I can't reach my NAS anymore from my LAN. I'm not sure why the ssh connection is still up, but I can't reach the webui of any of my services…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to a comment by Kslim2912 on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Reply
    I would suggest posting on the forums. I am busy with a project right now and you will get helped a lot faster. When you post, post pictures of all your different configurations and what computer equipment you are you using. It will help people, help…
  • Morlan -

I'll have to investigate this further. Will get back to you.