Recent Activities

• jgeils -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

Used sudo apt-get update and getting the same forum.openmediavault.org/index…620441adbc7287bfecd096e5a
  • jgeils -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread I need some info for my future server - Nas.

It won't affect streaming or transcoding. Not unless GbE speeds are slower than the decoding and encoding speed, and I doubt that. But it might increase latency when indexing and browsing media. It is slower over GbE than over SATA III. If you stream…
  • jgeils -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

Thread
    I've just installed OMV. I'm following the getting started guide. When I try upgrade the popup window shows a bunch of errors like this: Err:4 httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch/main armhf gnupg armhf 2.1.18-8~deb9u4 Could not resolve…
  • MrC -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sync two local folders.

Thread
    Hi there ! I'd like to sync two local folders when a new file is added to the source OR every XX minutes, but prevent to run a new sync if another one is already running (and not finished). Moreover new files will be regularly copied to the source…
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Crashes every morning.

What do you mean by "crashes"? Is it still reachable by ssh?
  • negitivesinx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Crashes every morning.

Thread
    Hey guys, I've never admined a headless debian server before so if that makes me a noob, then so be it. I'm having an issue that every morning my server crashes. Sometimes @6am sometimes @7am, or any time in between. I'm a bit confused because I have 0…
  • blindguy -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Plex as Docker Container / Resources problem.

Like (Post)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin.

Quote from sweetbb: “folder2ram 1.9G 45M 1.9G 3% /var/log ” Now the plugin works as expected but there's still a really high %iowait level and a lot of activity on your flash drive. But there seem to be some copy jobs running on Data1 and Data4…
  • sweetbb -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin.

• Askbruzz -

Replied to the thread I need some info for my future server - Nas.

Quote from SidAny: “Hi Was gonna put a response to this earlier, but I'm a newb and wanted to see the debate first... always wanting to learn from the power users! :] My motherboard selection journey took me through a few basics... the one thing I…
  • olo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved mv operation is taking ages (1 hdd).

Quote from tkaiser: “Some filesharing daemons implement 'server side copy' (including moves) but it depends on exact version of Netatalk or Samba, settings and client requirements ” Wasn't aware of this. I have to dig deeper to find out more. Sounds…
  • olo -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved mv operation is taking ages (1 hdd).

Like (Post)
    Quote from olo: “However, I don't know how it's possible to move data via filesharing deamon (NFS, SAMBA - too slow) nearly as fast as by doing it via ssh... ” Some filesharing daemons implement 'server side copy' (including moves) but it depends on…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from olo: “However, I don't know how it's possible to move data via filesharing deamon (NFS, SAMBA - too slow) nearly as fast as by doing it via ssh... ” Some filesharing daemons implement 'server side copy' (including moves) but it depends on…
  • olo -

replacing with /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED4TB fixed it indeed. Thank you :). Is it the way to go, or did I mess somehing during the configuration on the way? On OMV 2.x I remember I could use /media/jsdojjoifjdsiojfssomething/share/... without headache,…
  • Valsi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why thakes it so much time for reboot?.

• tkaiser -

Quote from olo: “What do you mean by adjusting the source and destination? ” Replacing /sharedfolders with /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED4TB. Again if these are two different shares with different settings I would never do a local copy or move. Reasons…
  • fraxor -

Posted the thread How to change Gitea Repo directory.

Thread
    Hi All, i tried to follow the Gitea Doc's, but aparentaly i'm not that smart! unfortunately on installation i selected the custom path for the directory which is /home/gitea this path is on my SD and i wanted to set the Repositories dir on my external…
  • olo -

Source Code (3 lines)What do you mean by adjusting the source and destination? If not cp or mv, than how move files from one share to another? What's your recommendation?
  • tkaiser -

Quote from olo: “mv /sharedfolders/downloads/overl* /sharedfolders/Overl/ ” So please check with grep sharedfolders /etc/mtab whether these are different mounts. Adjusting source and destination and using the paths below /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRED4TB