Recent Activities

• draddy -

Replied to the thread Sharedfolders.

maybe i'm wrong or didn't see something out .. but aren't shared Folders needed for all the other stuff like FTP, SMB and so on? if i try to set a smb i only can use what i set as shared folder befor?
  • scottjcpp -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Newbie build on Raspberry PI4.

Just an update... wonderful option! rsync worked like a charm! Thanks again for the assist. ********************** Scott
  • Frenk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still clueless.....

Can you try to create the network shared drive in Windows with these credentials: Username: Datenschleuder\root Password: <your OMV root password> The username should contain just the hostname ("Datenschleuder" from your first screenshot), and not the…
  • monsieur N -

Posted the thread Log omv webgui ssl using acme.sh.

Thread
    Hi. As usual, sorry for my english. I don't want to use docker to install letsencrypt. So, i would like to know how to log omv webgui in SSL using acme.sh ? After install lets with this method, when i try to connect on my server with my domain name (
  • the-evil -

same error..."wrong user / password" already tried to map a drive via ip....same error created a new user. member of the users & adm group. can't login too X/
  • sveenman -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Currently no I believe my port for OMV 5 was mostly working last time i worked on it. The thing is i don't run OMV 5 myself so I cannot actually test this on a real system besides my VM. If anybody would wanna test the OMV 5 version send me a pm then I…
  • BozzArc -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

Weird thing happened. I setup the pihole and did not had any connection to it, i let run for a while. Then i had access through my cellphone to admin panel. But then my PC over ethernet can not access that. Waited 2-3 hrs more and then my PC has a access…
  • Frenk -

In Windows type this username for the network share: DATENSCHLEUDER\test That's OMV hostname + backslash + OMV username. The password is what you've set it when you've created the user in OMV. User does NOT need to be a member of the "sambashare" group…
  • the-evil -

i have created a folder for public use ( guest have r/w permission ). i can open it ( without login ), write and delete 8| but i would prefer a user based solution....
  • X10ded -

Liked levix’s post in the thread OMV 4.x GPU passthrough for virtual box plugin/VMs.

Like (Post)
    Hello all, I got an OMV server that is also running a VM of Linux mint with virtualbox. Though it runs kinda slow due to it being stuck in software mode for display. I threw in a cheap nvidia GPU just to help in assisting with rendering. However…
  • Frepke -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) rrdcached error messages after reboot.

Got this error after reboot rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
  • hrseldon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to install Jupyter Notebook on OMV4 ?.

Thread
    I'm running OWM4 on Raspbery Pi3b+ . How do you install JupyterLab or Jupyter Notebook on OMV4? There seems to be docker for it (no step by step guide tough) . I see python is already installed in OWM4 but I need Anaconda distribution. Do I install this…
  • Cmdywrtr27 -

i'm not sure if this is the ONLY issue but i think you have to be apart of the 'samba share' group also. and u can try to set open permissions so u don't need to log in every time unless u need it set like that to block other people in your home from…
  • no can do, I spent 1/2 a day trying to get Internet Connection Sharing to work with that thing, I don't have any hair left to pull out. if it isn't going to work without downloading a few gigabytes off the internet, it isn't going to work and that's the…
  • Quote from draddy: “and, thats my last post to you, i don't like the way you talk to the community, ” yeah, well I do. I'm not going to take crap from anybody. if you think I should that's just too f'in bad now isn't it. does that jerk represent…
  • I'm done with you already after 2 responses, I know that
  • nexusle -

The user have permission to access the share? edit: yes, I see in the hidden picture
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

Quote from molnart: “Quote from gderf: “The seemingly never changing answer about release date questions is "It will be released when it is released." ” just putting this here as a potential source of inspiration:
  • Nick0 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Nick0: “I get that this isn't rocket science but I thought I might learn a bit more about how it actually works. ” I can answer questions you have but writing up everything I know about the plugin is not going to…